Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any Xbox Gamers? 914/6 Spec Racing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
poorsche914
I know people who are VERY good using the controller. I used the controller for FM2 - even bought a wheel and tried it but went back to the controller. When FM3 came out, I decided to use the wheel and tough it out. I am glad I did. It is SO much more fun. driving.gif

As far as being "easier" - the one thing that I find easier to do with the wheel is shifting when using manual. For automatic, does not matter. BTW - manual is quicker than automatic.
I have read somewhere the controller has some kind of built in steering control. It is dampened somehow since the steering control has such short movement. I have noticed cars running straight down a track with tires squealing as the fronts twitch back and forth. I am guessing those cars are being run with a controller and not a wheel. confused24.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(Brent @ Mar 15 2011, 10:03 AM) *
Can quickly disconnect the wheel and base for even tidier storage, but I never do. I also keep the base snug up to my table stand, and is rock solid. So easy to take the entire unit, plug in the power, press the controller Xbox button, and fire up Forza Motorsport 3, and finish last, hahahaha. I have no excuse with this setup, directly in front of my 55 inch 120 mhz Vizio, huh? At least I finished 2nd in one heat.

Nice set up, Brent.
6freak
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Mar 15 2011, 09:07 AM) *

So does the steering wheel make it any easier to play the game? I've always wanted to try it out but they are spendy for a good setup and I don't want to spend the money if the controler works just as well.

Borrow mine if you want to try it out. driving-girl.gif ..I`m so busy right now i dont have time to play
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(6freak @ Mar 15 2011, 10:30 AM) *

So does the steering wheel make it any easier to play the game? I've always wanted to try it out but they are spendy for a good setup and I don't want to spend the money if the controler works just as well.

Borrow mine if you want to try it out. driving-girl.gif ..I`m so busy right now i dont have time to play

Okay beerchug.gif Can you bring it Saturday?
poorsche914
Couple pics from last session:

First up is James doing some aerobatics... prompted by GT914racer as James slowed for a turn and was hit hard from behind. See the video replay on my Forza storefront. Search "teener simracing league" to find my storefront easily.
Click to view attachment

Second is me riding 2 wheels after hitting the berm on Nurburgring... I dropped back to all fours, scrubbed the far rail and then got back on the track without too much damage. But MethodX was close enough behind me to pass. I managed to pass him but he passed me again on the final straight when I missed a shift dry.gif
Click to view attachment
Brent
How are u able to get the pics out? When I login to my Forza, I keep getting this annoying page!!!!
Brent

YES. Definitely. I got lucky and found a wheel (old stock clearance) for $59 bucks at a local Electronics Store. Box was a bit beat up, no damage inside and the price was right!
poorsche914
QUOTE(Brent @ Mar 15 2011, 11:07 PM) *
How are u able to get the pics out? When I login to my Forza, I keep getting this annoying page!!!!

Try this...

Go to the Forza page, log out, and then paste this into your browser:

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/profile/d...ag=YOURGAMERTAG

Works for me. Doesn't work for some people. Good luck.
I still don't get the video, however.

driving.gif
Brent
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Mar 16 2011, 04:01 AM) *

QUOTE(Brent @ Mar 15 2011, 11:07 PM) *

Try this...

Go to the Forza page, log out, and then paste this into your browser:

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/profile/d...ag=YOURGAMERTAG

Works for me. Doesn't work for some people. Good luck.
I still don't get the video, however.

driving.gif

Yep, didnt work. And I dont see any links to any help with th website. Strange.
poorsche914
There are threads on both the Forza forums and Xbox forums concerning this issue - from as early as January. Apparently there is no rush to fix this problem since FM4 is due out in the fall. dry.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(Brent @ Mar 16 2011, 10:25 PM) *
Yep, didnt work...

I just tried the URL with your GT and it works!!! Post pictures to your storefront and I will pull them to post here. piratenanner.gif

Hmmm, do you have another computer that you have not used with the Forza forums? Maybe just copy the URL in, add your GT and see what happens.

driving.gif
70_914
I was logged on over the weekend and didn't see anybody else get online. When is the racing?

And could I get #74?
Brent
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Mar 16 2011, 07:43 PM) *

QUOTE(Brent @ Mar 16 2011, 10:25 PM) *
Yep, didnt work...

I just tried the URL with your GT and it works!!! Post pictures to your storefront and I will pull them to post here. piratenanner.gif

Hmmm, do you have another computer that you have not used with the Forza forums? Maybe just copy the URL in, add your GT and see what happens.

driving.gif

If I add to storefront, yes I can see those. I will work on getting some done.
poorsche914
QUOTE(70_914 @ Mar 17 2011, 12:08 AM) *
I was logged on over the weekend and didn't see anybody else get online. When is the racing?

And could I get #74?

We race at 9pm Eastern on Sunday evenings.

This coming Sunday we are racing on LeMans Mulsanne using any pre-1975 european car of your choice set up to C class. The 2nd race will be at Silverstone National using our D spec 914s.

Let me know your gamertag and I will send you the D spec tune. Will also add you as #74.

Olde Worlde Invasion - Part 3
• Le Mans Old Mulsanne Circuit
• Silverstone National Circuit

The third leg of the Olde Worlde Invasion takes us back to Le Mans but this time to run the Old Mulsanne circuit - with a twist: bring out ANY pre-1975 European car built to C Class. This is all to get your adrenaline flowing for the trip across the Channel to run everyone's favorite track - Silverstone... back in our beloved D Class 914s.

driving.gif
70_914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Mar 17 2011, 04:09 AM) *

QUOTE(70_914 @ Mar 17 2011, 12:08 AM) *

And could I get #74?

We race at 9pm Eastern on Sunday evenings.

This coming Sunday we are racing on LeMans Mulsanne using any pre-1975 european car of your choice set up to C class. The 2nd race will be at Silverstone National using our D spec 914s.

Let me know your gamertag and I will send you the D spec tune. Will also add you as #74.

• Le Mans Old Mulsanne Circuit
• Silverstone National Circuit

The third leg of the Olde Worlde Invasion takes us back to Le Mans but this time to run the Old Mulsanne circuit - with a twist: bring out ANY pre-1975 European car built to C Class. This is all to get your adrenaline flowing for the trip across the Channel to run everyone's favorite track - Silverstone... back in our beloved D Class 914s.

driving.gif

I should already be on the gamertag list- Kevin M 1975
poorsche914
QUOTE(70_914 @ Mar 17 2011, 11:44 AM) *

Yep, I remember that GT.
Do you have the D tune or should I send it to you?

driving.gif
70_914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Mar 17 2011, 08:50 AM) *

QUOTE(70_914 @ Mar 17 2011, 11:44 AM) *

Yep, I remember that GT.
Do you have the D tune or should I send it to you?

driving.gif

I have it. Just trying to hook up with everybody to do some racing.
racerx9146
"This coming Sunday we are racing on LeMans Mulsanne using any pre-1975 european car of your choice set up to C class. "

Bit confused, any mod as long as it stays class C?
70_914
Please list me as #15 not 74. Got a new skin for my 914 that uses 15.

Kevin M 1975
poorsche914
QUOTE(racerx9146 @ Mar 18 2011, 09:59 PM) *
"This coming Sunday we are racing on LeMans Mulsanne using any pre-1975 european car of your choice set up to C class. "

Correct... need something with a bit of speed for the long Mulsanne Straight.
driving.gif
poorsche914
There are a lot of people on the list. Hope a few more can make it on Sunday. We actually could use 3-4 more in the Advanced lobby.

#1  Reserved for Season Defending Champion = MethodX
#2 racerx9146
#3 celluloid3
#6 mrc6freak
#7 stemisch
#8 megademonic
#9 underthetire
#13 CRAZYxNATHAN
#14 N0 FALSE G0DS
#15 Kevin M 1975
#22 SGT 242
#23 smook914
#24 Igor9146mfi
#38 JakeOdoule
#40 sonautoGT
#43 St33lerChief7
#66 method x
#69 mojorisen914
#71 GT914racer
#72 stepuptotheMike
#77 jcambo7
#79 torboman808
#124 hydeandseek79
#191 prematuresquire
#447 gearhead1432
#618 perfectshot12
#666 shoutouthood

driving.gif
Smitty911
QUOTE(racerx9146 @ Mar 18 2011, 06:59 PM) *

"C" Class? Looks like tonight I'll have to buy that Gull Wing for Sunday.

Smitty
poorsche914
QUOTE(Smitty911 @ Mar 19 2011, 05:22 PM) *

Smitty

The Gullwing is a good contender. The Aston Martin is faster but doesn't handle quite as well. The Lambo Miura is pretty fast too but handling suffers.

driving.gif
jcambo7
Forza is pissing me off right now. I still can't get to my storefront online to view my replays and photos. Even with the link Stemisch provided I still can't.
poorsche914
I tried with your GT and also got the error.
If you posted to your storefront, other people can look at them via the game and maybe even download them. I will check when I log on later tonight. Maybe I can then post to my storefront and download to my PC.

driving.gif
Haudiosolutions
I plan to be there but i'm on call so we'll see...
poorsche914
Forgot to post number of laps for tonight's races...

• Le Mans Old Mulsanne Circuit - 3 laps, 3 heats, C-class pre-75 euro
• Silverstone National Circuit - 7 laps, 3 heats, D-spec 914-6

Novice group join the lobby run by St33lerChief
Advanced group join the lobby run by stemisch

Let's fill both lobbies!

driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
70_914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Mar 19 2011, 02:53 PM) *

QUOTE(Smitty911 @ Mar 19 2011, 05:22 PM) *

Smitty

The Gullwing is a good contender. The Aston Martin is faster but doesn't handle quite as well. The Lambo Miura is pretty fast too but handling suffers.

driving.gif

eyeballing the 550 spyder myself.
poorsche914
PART2: RESULTS FOR ADVANCED LOBBY

3 Heat Pts - Racer - Race 1 - Race 2 - Race 3 - FTD

Camino Viejo Short
24 MethodX 1 1 1
15 Stemisch 2 2 2
7 Jcambo7 4 4* 3 *49.242
8 Racerx9146 3 3 4

Iberian Full
16 MethodX 2 3 1
18 Stemisch 1 1 4
11 Jcambo7 3 2* 3 *1:00.361
9 Racerx9146 4 4 2

Camino Viejo Extreme
11 MethodX 3* 2 3 *3:06.448
21 Stemisch 2 1 1
16 Jcambo7 1 3 2
6 Racerx9146 4 4 4
3 GT914racer 5 5 5

POINTS STANDINGS for the NIGHT

55 Stemisch
53 Method X
37 JCambo7
24 Racerx9146
4 GT914racer (joined in the last races)
1 Gearhead (participation point; had connection issues)

FTD is awarded 1 point
Participation is awarded 1 point per night

TOTAL SERIES POINTS
116 Method X
111 Stemisch
92 JCambo7
54 Gearhead
24 Racerx9146
14 NoFalseGods
4 GT914racer
4 SleazyD13

driving.gif
poorsche914
Some really fun racing tonight in C class. MethodX brought out a monster 500+hp Aston Martin that hit nearly 200mph on the Mulsanne Straight. Once out front, he was impossible to catch. One race, however, there was some good back and forth between the Aston and the 215HP Porsche 550 Spyder I was racing. Truly a David and Goliath situation. If I have time I will record the video and post it.

PART3: RESULTS FOR ADVANCED LOBBY

3 Heat Pts - Racer - Race 1 - Race 2 - Race 3 - FTD

Le Mans Old Circuit - C class pre-75 euro
21 MethodX 1* 2 1 *4:17.404
18 Stemisch 2 1 2
9 Gearhead 3 3 3
6 JCambo7 4 4 4
3 Racerx9146

Silverstone National - D spec 914-6
21 MethodX 1 2 1* *1:06.383
12 Stemisch 2 4 2
13 Racerx9146 4 1 3
8 JCambo7 3 3 4

45 MethodX
31 Stemisch
17 Racerx9146
15 JCambo7
10 Gearhead

FTD is awarded 1 point
Participation is awarded 1 point per night

TOTAL SERIES POINTS
161 Method X
142 Stemisch
107 JCambo7
64 Gearhead
41 Racerx9146
15 NoFalseGods
4 GT914racer
4 SleazyD13

NOTE ABOUT NEXT WEEKS RACE AT NURBURGRING
Originally stated we would run the C class cars but we will actually be running the D spec 914s. Sorry for the confusion. blink.gif
driving.gif
Smitty911
And Tonights winners in the Novice Group.

Three heats place - Tournament

N0 FALSE G0DS 1, 1, 1 - 1
GT 2,3,2 - 2
HydeandSeak 4.4.2 - 3
JuJu 3,4,4 -4
Chief 3,5,5 - 5

Three heats place - Tournament

N0 FALSE G0DS 1,3,1 - 1
GT 2,2,1 - 2
JuJu 4,4,2 - 3
HydeandSeak 5,3,4 - 4
Chief 3,5,5 - 5

Not sure of the point standings, didn't write them down. Replay anyone?

First turn out the Lancia that GT is "driving" backend swings out into me and viola I'm doing donuts and getting hit, 2nd to 5th in the first turn. Had to use my extrea straight away spped to pass people. I was sure the Lancia wouldn't finish a race due to a blown head gasket, but than again it was on XBOX. av-943.gif

First race, I'm in a Gullwing doing 170MPH down the back straight, closest person was JuJu in a New BMW. He had some issue with his setup saving so he drove an Audi first heat and the timer was set for 30 seconds race completion. Two DNF so we started the heats over and everyone finished. I felt guilty having a car 16 MPH faster than the other guys until JuJu showed up in a BMW, drafting down the straitght we both were doing 172ish. That first turn seemed to throw everyone off but got better as the night went on. I re-ended someone and shot them off the track pretty far. Expensive sheet metal was left folded up and on the side of the track to be run over later.

Silverstone

Great racing again, you really have to pick your line though the turns and carry as much speed as possible. Several cars didn't have working breaklights so that left alot of folded sheet metal and bumpers laying around.

Were thinking of doing a Group Buy on sheet metal as much rubbing as we do. We got the laps wrong at Silverstone and only ran 5 instead of the 7 suggested.

Were are all the other racers who wanted to get in on this?

Smitty
Justinp71
There all probably still racing... smile.gif

Yeah that was some fun racing... you really need a fast car that can handle a little on that le mans circuit. I was suprised the c-spec mercedes could get into the 170's! It must cut thru the wind like butter...
70_914
Stupid network problem kept me from joining...
mojorisen914
The BMW I was driving last night took 10 acres to turn; it handled like a 10 ton brick! I've raced the LeMans track before in a Lola; that car handles the curves and turns really well.
I did manage to find the brake button more last night and I also found out that I race better when I have a good buzz going on from my margaritas!
poorsche914
Thanks for the update, Smitty.

Here is the "official" points for Novice. This only shows points for last night's races plus points NoFalseG0ds received the first night's races in Advanced.
If someone from the novice lobby could get me a list of the participants and a general idea of how they did in the races, I will try to give points. So chime in, guys. A Porsche 550 Spyder is going to be awarded to the winner drooley.gif

24 N0 FALSE G0DS 1, 1, 1
13 GTracer 2,3,2
9 HydeandSeek 4.4.2
7 JuJu 3,4,4
5 St33lerChief 3,5,5

19 N0 FALSE G0DS 1,3,1
18 GT914racer 2,2,1
9 JuJu 4,4,2
6 HydeandSeek 5,3,4
5 St33lerChief 3,5,5

TOTAL SERIES POINTS - NOVICE

59 N0 FALSE G0DS
36 GT914racer
16 HydeandSeek
17 JuJu
11 St33lerChief
Brent
I'm pretty sure I only finished 3rd once, but then I may have finished 3rd twice...not sure.

Went to download JuJu's crash pic from last weeks race and my replay was gone. Dont know what happened. Was able to move some pics to storefront, not many tho.

Got to find out why I lose the backend so much in a top gun like unrecoverable flat spin, hahaha. I'm not acceralting, or braking any more than usual, and the line is barley yellow. One spin out each heat is killing my standings. Very odd.
Brent
Bought a 914 on FM3 auction, R3, 712. Wanted to see what it was equipped with, and went to Upgrades. Then as the upgrades were locked, it stated I would lose the setup, I agreed. Took the R3 class back to F class, original of 914/6. I panicked, lost 280k worth of upgrades. Well....actually was a good thing. In history, has parts value. Went to the upgrades, then chose the engine swap, then all the top improvements show they are owned for the car, must choose them again. When they install, they do so at $0. Great thing, I can now adjust, and see all that the car has installed, which is pretty much every improvement you can make, in the game. I did add a wing and front air dam which brought it up to 722, which is I think the top it can go. At 712, I toped out at 220mph on the long straight at Lemans. I am not sure what I will do now, but anxious to see. Paid 30k for this car. Its a must have, fantasy 914.
Haudiosolutions
Wish I could have made it. Being on call with an enstated mandatory overtime period didn't help me get home too often over the last weekend. There's next week if I'm home in time. Picking up the teener from Nashville.
70_914
QUOTE(Brent @ Mar 22 2011, 01:19 AM) *

Bought a 914 on FM3 auction, R3, 712. Wanted to see what it was equipped with, and went to Upgrades. Then as the upgrades were locked, it stated I would lose the setup, I agreed. Took the R3 class back to F class, original of 914/6. I panicked, lost 280k worth of upgrades. Well....actually was a good thing. In history, has parts value. Went to the upgrades, then chose the engine swap, then all the top improvements show they are owned for the car, must choose them again. When they install, they do so at $0. Great thing, I can now adjust, and see all that the car has installed, which is pretty much every improvement you can make, in the game. I did add a wing and front air dam which brought it up to 722, which is I think the top it can go. At 712, I toped out at 220mph on the long straight at Lemans. I am not sure what I will do now, but anxious to see. Paid 30k for this car. Its a must have, fantasy 914.

I fully upgraded my 914 and must say that it is worthless. No traction, no handling, no braking, no top end stability.
Brent
yah, its really worthless on the track, because so light and powerful. But just to have one fully loaded is cool.
Richard Casto
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Mar 20 2011, 11:18 PM) *

Some really fun racing tonight in C class. MethodX brought out a monster 500+hp Aston Martin that hit nearly 200mph on the Mulsanne Straight. Once out front, he was impossible to catch. One race, however, there was some good back and forth between the Aston and the 215HP Porsche 550 Spyder I was racing. Truly a David and Goliath situation. If I have time I will record the video and post it.

laugh.gif
As I mentioned in the race I was totally convinced you would have some type of ringer car that was going to kick my butt. As it turned out I had the ringer car. I think everyone did a mixture of handling and power upgrades. Other than a slight brake upgrade and the 6-speed transmission upgrade (which don't affect PI that much) I spent my entire "budget" on HP. The car would do 193+ MPH on the Mulsanne straight and I think everyone else was in the 160-70 MPH range. I think this is the only track in which that strategy would work.

Overall, I think I would turn a lap about 6 seconds faster than anyone else. I got cocky in the second race, let everyone get too much of a lead and then I couldn't catch up. I could pass on the straights, but if anyone was close to me at the end of a straight they could catch me under braking. The car was a mess under braking or in curves. Anyhow it was fun, but didn't require any skill to win which is why I like the spec racing better.

But a win is a win! I also have to admit it was funny to walk right past everyone on the straight stretch. Especially on the first lap when the speed differential was a surprise to everyone (including myself).

See everyone Sunday night!

Richard
poorsche914
Tonight's Race - Nurburgring in D spec 914s

We will do (3) heats of (1) lap each. With such a long track, when someone gets way out front, there is just about no way to catch them. dry.gif
After this race (will only take about 30 minutes), bring out your C spec Euro racer and let's do a single lap on the 'Ring just for kicks. happy11.gif

Novice group join the lobby run by St33lerChief
Advanced group join the lobby run by stemisch

Let's fill both lobbies!

Remember, there will be "cash" prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers in both Advanced and Novice groups. 1st=60k credits, 2nd=25k credits, 3rd=15k credits. For you guys who have run in Advanced but feel you could be more competitive in Novice, go for it stirthepot.gif
Here are the current driver points standings:

ADVANCED
116 Method X
111 Stemisch
92 JCambo7
54 Gearhead
24 Racerx9146
4 GT914racer
4 SleazyD13

NOVICE
59 N0 FALSE G0DS
36 GT914racer
16 HydeandSeek
17 JuJu
11 St33lerChief

driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
Brent
Race time boys!
poorsche914
QUOTE(Brent @ Mar 27 2011, 08:44 PM) *

Race time boys!

Brent - remember to set the race for 1 lap, 3 heats and bump the end timer to around 3:00 minutes

driving.gif
Brent
Here are results for the Novice group:
9146 D Open C
Gearhead1432 1,1,1 - - -
NO FALSE GODS 2,3,3 3,5,4
Method X 3,2,2 4,2,3
Bad JUJU70 4,5,5 6,4,5
Racerx9146 5,6,6 2,3,2
St33lerchief7 6,4,4 5,6,6
Stemish - - - 1,1,1

I didn't see the standing for the heats from Forza.
poorsche914
Thanks, Brent.
I will compile these scores and post the winners.

Stay tuned for the next series. We will be racing in the U.S.A.
Richard Casto
QUOTE(Brent @ Mar 28 2011, 01:01 AM) *

Here are results for the Novice group:
9146 D Open C
Gearhead1432 1,1,1 - - -
NO FALSE GODS 2,3,3 3,5,4
Method X 3,2,2 4,2,3
Bad JUJU70 4,5,5 6,4,5
Racerx9146 5,6,6 2,3,2
St33lerchief7 6,4,4 5,6,6
Stemish - - - 1,1,1

I didn't see the standing for the heats from Forza.

Stemish got screwed last night from a points perspective. We only had two people for the advanced lobby, so we decided to just run with the novice group, but then his networking problems kept him out. Initially I didn't want to screw up the novice groups points races and hung back on the starts and also was trying to not force my way through on passes, but I quickly found out that you guys didn't need me (or Stemish once he was able to join) to hold back.

Since it was a "for fun" non-points race, I didn't setup a special pre-1975 C class car for last night, so I drove the 500 HP Aston Martin from last week for fun. But it was an absolute boat (as expected) and it was difficult to keep on track. We also had some lag issues and at one point I was at top speed and apparently hammered into Stemish, but never even saw him on my screen!

We talked some at the end of the evening as to what to do for the next series. One idea I liked was to just have a first come/first serve room as two 1/2-3/4 full rooms is not as fun as a single full room. We also wondered where everyone was that said they would race with us? We have a big list of people who say they will race, but it's a consistent smaller group who show up. confused24.gif

Richard
poorsche914
Due to some "electrical gremlins", my 914 remained parked in the paddock. I was able to spectate a portion of the final race of the official set at Nurburging and then joined the others with my C class 550 Spyder. That car did very well on the 'Ring biggrin.gif

"Olde World Invasion" FINAL POINTS STANDINGS
ADVANCED
130 Method X 60,000cr
112 Stemisch 25,000cr
92 JCambo7 15,000cr
79 Gearhead
26 Racerx9146
4 GT914racer
4 SleazyD13

NOVICE
71 N0 FALSE G0DS 60,000cr
36 GT914racer 25,000cr
22 JuJu 15,000cr
16 HydeandSeek
16 St33lerChief

To collect your winnings, post a PINK 914/6 in the auction house with a BUY IT NOW price equal to the amount you won. Be sure to message me on Xbox so I know it is there and I can grab it. Yeah, I know it will cost you a bit to purchase the 914 but you will still come out ahead rolleyes.gif

FOR INFORMATION ON THE NEXT SERIES, please visit www.volksbraggin.com/914
All things concerning the Teener Simracing League will now be posted exclusively on those forums. See you there!

driving.gif
Gearhead1432
That was fun last night. Nordschleife is my favorite track!

I was wondering if that was the novice group last night as I saw some new people. I just joined what ever loby racerx9146 was in. The last few weeks I have been unable to connect to a loby through stemich.

How about a pre -75 D class?

A spec 550 Spyder class would be cool, but the car cost about 600,000

-Rob
poorsche914
Last night was a mix of novice and advanced. Due to connection issues, I was unable to join sad.gif
Today, I checked my wireless settings and found a couple of neighbors were stealing my bandwidth mad.gif
I have been using a nonbroadcast setting with a list of allowed systems. Somehow, the settings were changed to broadcast and the list turned off dry.gif
I fixed that real quick by setting up a secure connection. Bye-bye bandwidth thieves (and torrent activists, as well. I recently received an email stating a certain movie was downloaded at my IP. Now I know the culprits)
After setting up WEP, I noticed my connection actually improved cheer.gif

The next series - Racing Across America - will begin April 3rd. All information can be found on the Teener Simracing League forum. There will be some changes so please check it out.

driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.