Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any Xbox Gamers? 914/6 Spec Racing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Brent @ Jan 4 2010, 08:41 PM) *

I'm, watching the Fiesta Bowl and designing my 360 Wheel stand. Going to make this one.

http://rriclub.com/index.php?topic=434.0

A cup holder? In a race car???? What kind of driver are you??? poke.gif

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 4 2010, 12:17 PM) *

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jan 4 2010, 08:06 AM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 4 2010, 08:14 AM) *

[clip]
Ok.. how do I get the 914world graphics for my car???
[clip]

I will send you one next time I am on Live.

COOL!!!

Thanks!

I will probably be on tonight, but I am not sure. I am getting the dreaded "insert disk" error on my X-box 360. So far, a little "percussive maintenance" fixes it.

I was able to take the 360 apart and clean the DVD drive. It sits in the cabinet naked, but I was able to get on. I got the graphic.. thanks.

Now I gotta be able to keep the C class car on the track at Laguna..... driving.gif
Brent

[/quote]

Hahaha, sans the cup holder. I was thinking right after I hit enter to make a comment on the CH, but didn't think it would be noticed.
Thanks Clay! I promise, I never tried to take you out. It just happened.

underthetire
I'm getting the please clean disk error until my box warms up for a few minutes. I might be able to go on later tonight if everything goes ok with the 914.
ClayPerrine
[quote name='Brent' date='Jan 5 2010, 04:45 PM' post='1258416']
[/quote]

Hahaha, sans the cup holder. I was thinking right after I hit enter to make a comment on the CH, but didn't think it would be noticed.
Thanks Clay! I promise, I never tried to take you out. It just happened.
[/quote]

Funny... seemed like you were always behind me at the finish line.... poke.gif
Brent
I was always behind everyone, since every love to catch my tail when passing and sending me in a spin. I liked racing with calling out the side where the pass is being made. This isn't Burnout Legends , but was seeming like it. Don't know why I was so slow compared to the rest with the same setup.
poorsche914
QUOTE(Brent @ Jan 5 2010, 10:59 PM) *

I was always behind everyone, since every love to catch my tail when passing and sending me in a spin. I liked racing with calling out the side where the pass is being made. This isn't Burnout Legends , but was seeming like it. Don't know why I was so slow compared to the rest with the same setup.

It has a lot to do with what assists you have turned on. Automatic is slower than manual which is slower than manual with clutch. The other assists will slow you down to varying degrees.
Momentum has a big part to play with the 914 so if you botch a turn, it really shows in your lap times.
Brent
I understand all of that. I turned off all assists, driving manual. How many even have a clutch pedal? Or do you use the clutch button?

I found out braking works best when you are not turning, but before if possible, and I understand accelerating at the apex in a turn. Just can't get it to translate yet.
6freak
Same here Brent dont feel bad ....experiance has a lot to do with it and knowing the tracks ...some of those guys have every turn memorized on every track hard to beat that ...and a class car for every track ........but hey we will get there.....And it still really fun seeing who can get through the first turn
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(6freak @ Jan 6 2010, 01:26 PM) *

And it still really fun seeing who can get through the first turn

I just need to be in front of everyone going into the first turn, then I don't have to worry about Brent using a pit manouver on me...... poke.gif

Are we racing tonight?
poorsche914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 6 2010, 04:55 PM) *

Are we racing tonight?

I am usually on around 9 or 9:30 Eastern. driving.gif
Brent
I'll get there.
poorsche914
I am in the early stages of putting together a 914/6 Spec Racing Series and would like some input on both interest in participating and the day and time to run the races.
Tentative plans are to run races on Sunday early afternoon/evening Pacific time which will make it early to late evening Eastern time. If another day/time slot would work better, let me know.

• Each week will feature a different track - Road Atlanta, Maple Valley, Nurburgring, etc
• Races will last around 1 hour and (might) include a mandatory pit stop.
• Starting positions determined by a pre-race qualifying run
• Points will be awarded at end of race
• Cars required to have number
• A cool paint job would be nice
• Spec E275 - all cars will be set up the same. You can tune the car by adjusting gear ratios, suspension settings, etc
• That's all I can think of off hand. Give me some feedback, please.

driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
stepuptotheMike
Sounds fun to me. Count me in.

Mike
underthetire
Oh ya.
ClayPerrine
Sounds fun........

driving.gif
racerx9146
I am in.

My 2 cents would be some way to handicap the fast guys to make it more fun. The goal is fun vs "being the winner everytime" so maybe a reverse grid order with a 10 second start delay. Will reduce the turn 1 calamity and make it a little more interesting for the slower guys, myself included. If the same guys win every time you may lose interest.

I agree all cars should look period'ish vintage race style paint, no wings

Also keep collision and damage on to make sure the reckless drivers dont get away with knocking everybody off the course.

should be fun.

John Daron
underthetire
Add a screen shot of the setup for the race so everyone can see please. Last time I didn't realize collision was turned off, and well...

Maybe have damage turned on to, maybe not the first race but eventually.
celluloid3
I'm in and I'm going on XBL now to add some of the Screen Names I found in htis thread... Keep me posted...

Marko

XBL: cellul0id 3
PBritain
I'm in, the multiplayer in Forza really allows you to be creative. You can implement weight penalties for certain drivers based on current points. You can add delayed starts for certain drivers etc etc.

Sounds like a blast though.
poorsche914
QUOTE(PBritain @ Jan 7 2010, 05:37 PM) *

I'm in, the multiplayer in Forza really allows you to be creative. You can implement weight penalties for certain drivers based on current points. You can add delayed starts for certain drivers etc etc.

Sounds like a blast though.

Hmm, not sure I want to get THAT far into the minutia. How would penalties, etc be assessed? Is this how real races are run? I thought drivers qualified and fastest times started out front???

It is possible that a core group of racers will always podium but that just means practice, practice, practice for the other guys. There are a couple guys on here that NEVER raced before and are quite skilled already whereas I have been playing Forza for nearly 3 years and I am getting no better! The usual group I have raced with over the years leave me in the dust so I know what it is like to come in at the very end.

Maybe we could pair up into teams with a fast driver and a slower driver? Keep both individual points and team points. I just want some good clean racing with others of my skill level. If you are a slower driver, duke it out with the other slower drivers.

I will take a good look at the controls in the race lobby later tonight. I think I saw where you can set up groups - would be neat if we could set up 2 different classes of race cars.

What track would you all like to have as the first race?
Brent
I'm in.
poorsche914
I have opened a forum for 914/6 SimRacing in hopes of bringing interested 914 racers together. Please visit and register at:

914/6 SimRacing Forums

I hope we will be able to better plan races, run Series races, keep stats, etc on this new board.

poorsche914
914/6 PRESEASON MINI SERIES

TIME
:
start gathering online at 6:00pm Pacific / 9:00pm Eastern

WHERE: join the chat party/parties. Since only 8 people are allowed per lobby, there may be more than one party open. You can navigate to my GT (stemisch) and select JOIN PARTY CHAT. If you are unable to connect, send me a message and I will get you in a lobby.

RACES: will start around 6:30pm Pac/9:30pm East.

TRACKS: rather than running one long endurance race tonight, we will run a variety of tracks as follows:

Maple Valley Short - 10 laps <10 min
Mazda Laguna Seca - 5 laps <10 min
Road Atlanta - 10 laps <20 min
Nurburgring Nordschleife - 2 laps ~20 min

Total track time will be around an hour. With time in between each race not determined, please plan on an hour and a half of "race time" for a total of 2 hours online participation. You do not have to run all the races but it sure will be a LOT of fun!

CLASS: we will be running E CLASS Porsche 914/6 Upgrade and tune your car as desired without going over a PI 275. Feel free to tune for different tracks - gearing, suspension, etc And don't forget a livery! Can't paint? Don't worry - just throw on some manufacturer decals and a number plate and go with it. OR contact me or SONAUTO GT on Xbox live via message and we will gift you a livery to get you started.

NUMBERS: Please request your desired number in this forum. Numbers issued on a first request basis. (oh, yeah, you will have to join the forum to access the racers' area)

I think that is all the info needed. If you have any questions, please ask either here, on the 914/6 SimRacing forum, or on Xbox Live.

And remember... A race is not won on Turn 1
Let's have some clean racing with a minimum of drama.

underthetire
Can't figure out the posting on that thing...I want 7 or 9
poorsche914
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jan 10 2010, 11:56 AM) *

Can't figure out the posting on that thing...I want 7 or 9

OK, you've got 9.
racerx9146
Hmm, can seem to reply to thread, seems locked. I requested number 2.
poorsche914
QUOTE(racerx9146 @ Jan 10 2010, 12:41 PM) *

Hmm, can seem to reply to thread, seems locked. I requested number 2.

I will add you as #2.

I unlocked that thread as well. Sorry about that.
stepuptotheMike
I want 72 in honor of the late George Carlin

Mike
Richard Casto
I will try to be there tonight.
poorsche914
QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Jan 10 2010, 02:49 PM) *

I will try to be there tonight.

#66 is now yours. Hope you can make it.

So far we have five signed up. Hope a few more will show up but this will make for some good racing.
ClayPerrine
I have signed up and asked for #24.

Clay aka Igor9146MFI

Brent
Boys are playing Halo 3 can't make it tonight.
underthetire
That was a lot of fun. Good thing the body work is done by the computer, i'd get sick of doing bondo.
poorsche914
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jan 11 2010, 12:13 AM) *

That was a lot of fun. Good thing the body work is done by the computer, i'd get sick of doing bondo.

I think all had a great time. We had a full lobby which always is a good thing.

I will post results and photos on the Teener Simracing League forum. I have a great shot of you lifting the front tire at the top of the corkscrew.

Brent
damn.....
underthetire
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jan 10 2010, 10:03 PM) *

I will post results and photos on the Teener Simracing League forum. I have a great shot of you lifting the front tire at the top of the corkscrew.

I can't wait to see that. blink.gif
Jakeodoule
I had fun too, But I can see that if you don't go adjusting gearing and upgrading stuff you have zero chance on most tracks. One guys car goes 135 and my struggles to do 120??? I was winning a race about every4 or 5 races when we all ran the same cars...This way its about who has the most time to see what gearing and adjustments works best for each track. While I understand thats the way it is in real racing,I just don't have the time to sit and tune my car. Nor am I interested in getting that deep into the game. Practice is one thing..But its not about skill when some cars are 15 mph faster. I did have fun though. Just my thoughts.

underthetire
QUOTE(Jakeodoule @ Jan 11 2010, 08:06 AM) *

I had fun too, But I can see that if you don't go adjusting gearing and upgrading stuff you have zero chance on most tracks. One guys car goes 135 and my struggles to do 120??? I was winning a race about every4 or 5 races when we all ran the same cars...This way its about who has the most time to see what gearing and adjustments works best for each track. While I understand thats the way it is in real racing,I just don't have the time to sit and tune my car. Nor am I interested in getting that deep into the game. Practice is one thing..But its not about skill when some cars are 15 mph faster. I did have fun though. Just my thoughts.

Although I agree somewhat, all I did was change gearing for that high speed n track and hit 132. Other tracks I was running as low of final drive ratio I could.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jan 11 2010, 12:03 AM) *

Can you post picts here? I can't get to that site at work.... biggrin.gif
racerx9146
Last night was a blast. We had some good clean racing with some nice people.

My comments for improvement would be to ask everyone to create a period paint scheme with numbers. Also I would not worry that much about car tune/setup. It makes some differance but not near as much as careful driving.

FYI I used my Logitech wheel for the 1st time in a long time and my times/skill where substantially better. I am ussually at the back of the pack but last night I got a few 2nd places. I got a dining room chair, laid it on the short side and attached the wheel to the top of the chair. I will take a picture to explain but this setup worked better than I imagined. I had to learn to left foot brake since these wheel/pedal setups makes it clunky to move your right foot over. The wheel has made the experience a lot more fun.

I also found that not racing for the 1st corner was better for me. Keeping in touch with the pack and waiting for the big crash got me to 2nd place a lot quicker than going balls out.

Can't wait for next week.

John Daron
Richard Casto
QUOTE(Jakeodoule @ Jan 11 2010, 11:06 AM) *

I have mixed feelings about what you are saying. In general I agree because it drives me crazy when you can't win just because you don't have the right setup. That happens to me a lot online. Usually because there is one "it" car and mod combo that works and I just don't have it.

But I will say that I ran the exact same setup all night long and won every race but one. I think the real problem is that people are running setups that are optimized too much in one direction (i.e. maybe it handled great, but is way down on power). I think mine could do about 125 in a straight line if given a long enough of a track.

So my point is that I don't think you need tunes for each track to win, but with there being so many ways to get to an E275 tune, it results in a wide performance range. I think what we need to consider doing is listing some required modes for E275 (i.e. all cars have to run the same tire size, maybe a HP cap, etc.). We could even go so far as making it a completely spec class (everyone running exact same mods, so HP, weight, etc. is all the same) other than setup.

I personally think setup (including gearing) should be open. But like I said I used the same gearing on all tracks last night. I only have the transmission that allows changing the final drive ratio. I picked that by setting up the car to top out at redline in 5th gear.
poorsche914
QUOTE(Brent @ Jan 10 2010, 10:56 PM) *

Boys are playing Halo 3 can't make it tonight.

Next week tell them they better get their Halo gaming done by 6:00 mad.gif

Race photos are coming up... driving.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Jan 11 2010, 02:21 PM) *
...snip...

So my point is that I don't think you need tunes for each track to win, but with there being so many ways to get to an E275 tune, it results in a wide performance range. I think what we need to consider doing is listing some required modes for E275 (i.e. all cars have to run the same tire size, maybe a HP cap, etc.). We could even go so far as making it a completely spec class (everyone running exact same mods, so HP, weight, etc. is all the same) other than setup.

I personally think setup (including gearing) should be open. But like I said I used the same gearing on all tracks last night. I only have the transmission that allows changing the final drive ratio. I picked that by setting up the car to top out at redline in 5th gear.

Exactly what is planned... a spec E275
I will gift everyone the tune with upgrades. Apply to your 914 and you may have to spend some CRs for the parts so be sure you have some cash. All settings will be stock as the baseline and you can adjust as desired. Save different tunes i.e. gear ratio, suspension, etc for different tracks or just use one for all. That is your choice. I generally run a couple set ups - one for the short tracks and one for the speed tracks.

poorsche914
QUOTE(racerx9146 @ Jan 11 2010, 11:58 AM) *

Last night was a blast. We had some good clean racing with some nice people.

My comments for improvement would be to ask everyone to create a period paint scheme with numbers. Also I would not worry that much about car tune/setup. It makes some differance but not near as much as careful driving.

...snip...

Can't wait for next week.

John Daron

If anyone needs help with a livery, I will be happy to gift you one. Or contact SONAUTO GT - he has some nice liveries as well.
poorsche914
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jan 11 2010, 10:51 AM) *

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jan 10 2010, 10:03 PM) *

...snip...
I have a great shot of you lifting the front tire at the top of the corkscrew.

I can't wait to see that. blink.gif

Here ya go...

IPB Image
poorsche914
More photos from the Preseason Mini Series of the TSL - Teener Simracing League

Entering the Corkscrew
IPB Image

Method X Leads in his quick 6
IPB Image

The pack entering Turn One at Road Atlanta
IPB Image

Close racing
IPB Image

Three wide down the straight
IPB Image

914 Abstract
IPB Image

#7 car
IPB Image
Brent
schweet.
ClayPerrine
Hey...I was actually on line coming into the corkscrew!!!

IPB Image

And I feel that we really need to make sure all the cars are the same. I felt really out of place last night, as I was running 112 max speed, and everyone was walking away from me. WTF.gif

Oh.. and sorry about having to drop off. One of the cats blew chunks down the back of the recliner, and I had to help clean it up. I didn't think a cat could hold that much!!! barf.gif

Clay AKA Igor9146MFI #24 Son Of a Bus Racing
racerx9146
I am not totally sure but unless you go pure stock I am not sure you can enforce a specific set of mods. Its math based. A certain mod adds a certain gain to the PI. Don't create rules for things you cannot enforce.

Plus there is no $$ to won here so have fun and dont worry if your car goes 5mph less than somebody elses car. That person is probably working a lot harder on the corners. Plus if you want another person's tune, just ask, Its not a secret!

John Daron
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.