Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any Xbox Gamers? 914/6 Spec Racing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
bmtrnavsky
I just signed up for the the forum... I never found a list of numbers there. I like #12 if it is available.

Interesting setups you have there... I think I am going to try those. I was racing F Class online the other night and was getting killed with a setup that wad dominating the AI in career mode. I think I'll try that setup and see if it is better. I was able to out corner everyone but they were killing me in top end speed.

Just curious what gear ratios you guys are all using? I wouldn't mind someone sending me the SPEC D, E, F class tunes you are using. I'm still really learning to drive in this thing and have been spending most of my points on handling upgrades. I think I need to focus more on speed parts and tune the suspension better, but I don't really know how other than vague guidelines.

Online racing is fun and it's cool to hear people say stuff like thats a cool old Porsche when you start a race. I have been killing it in Spec C & D with the 83 Audi Quatro. Cool car, and its fun beating brand new cars with a classic! smile.gif

Just curious but why isn't there a bigger Forza community? its hard to get good races and the game is only a year old. Are there better nights to race? I thought Friday and Saturday would be good but it wasn't.
poorsche914
QUOTE(mojorisen914 @ Oct 18 2010, 10:46 AM) *

James,
I got your friend request last night. I only had a few to goof off so I was killing people on MW2.
I really need to spend some time setting up my car on Forza so I can at least try to be competitive with you guys.
Can someone tell me what I need to do(class, how to get your vinyls, etc).

Thanks.

Your request for #69 is granted.
I will send you tuning setups and the 914world vinyl and the PORSCHE vinyl next time I am online.
poorsche914
QUOTE(bmtrnavsky @ Oct 18 2010, 11:18 AM) *
I just signed up for the the forum... I never found a list of numbers there. I like #12 if it is available.

Interesting setups you have there... I think I am going to try those. I was racing F Class online the other night and was getting killed with a setup that wad dominating the AI in career mode. I think I'll try that setup and see if it is better. I was able to out corner everyone but they were killing me in top end speed.

Just curious what gear ratios you guys are all using? I wouldn't mind someone sending me the SPEC D, E, F class tunes you are using. I'm still really learning to drive in this thing and have been spending most of my points on handling upgrades. I think I need to focus more on speed parts and tune the suspension better, but I don't really know how other than vague guidelines.

Online racing is fun and it's cool to hear people say stuff like thats a cool old Porsche when you start a race. I have been killing it in Spec C & D with the 83 Audi Quatro. Cool car, and its fun beating brand new cars with a classic! smile.gif

Just curious but why isn't there a bigger Forza community? its hard to get good races and the game is only a year old. Are there better nights to race? I thought Friday and Saturday would be good but it wasn't.
#12 is available so it is now yours.
The spec setups are just the mods added to the car. You can tune the suspension, gearing, etc to your liking.
After tweaking gears numerous times, I finally set them up with the real 914/6 ratios and it has worked really well for me.
The 914 is good on the slower, twisty tracks but any track that has a speed section and you're probably gonna get stomped by newer cars.
Why no Forza community? The online racing "hopper" system really screwed things up. For the best racing, you have to gather with friends and set up the races. For a lot of gamers, once new versions of Halo or Gears or many other shoot-em-ups came out, Forza was tossed aside. Easiser to "win" the shooting games than to "win" in Forza.

driving.gif
bmtrnavsky
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Oct 18 2010, 09:06 AM) *

QUOTE(bmtrnavsky @ Oct 18 2010, 11:18 AM) *

#12 is available so it is now yours.
The spec setups are just the mods added to the car. You can tune the suspension, gearing, etc to your liking.
After tweaking gears numerous times, I finally set them up with the real 914/6 ratios and it has worked really well for me.
The 914 is good on the slower, twisty tracks but any track that has a speed section and you're probably gonna get stomped by newer cars.
Why no Forza community? The online racing "hopper" system really screwed things up. For the best racing, you have to gather with friends and set up the races. For a lot of gamers, once new versions of Halo or Gears or many other shoot-em-ups came out, Forza was tossed aside. Easiser to "win" the shooting games than to "win" in Forza.

driving.gif

Can you send me the 914 world, and Porsche vinyls? My live id is Piggpen75

Thanks!
poorsche914
QUOTE(bmtrnavsky @ Oct 18 2010, 12:14 PM) *
Can you send me the 914 world, and Porsche vinyls? My live id is Piggpen75

Thanks!
Next time I am on Xbox live, I will do that.

mojorisen914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Oct 18 2010, 11:58 AM) *

QUOTE(mojorisen914 @ Oct 18 2010, 10:46 AM) *

James,
I got your friend request last night. I only had a few to goof off so I was killing people on MW2.
I really need to spend some time setting up my car on Forza so I can at least try to be competitive with you guys.
Can someone tell me what I need to do(class, how to get your vinyls, etc).

Thanks.

Your request for #69 is granted.
I will send you tuning setups and the 914world vinyl and the PORSCHE vinyl next time I am online.

SWEET!
914werke
Wow I just won this game at my 6th graders bazaar night and it has become my sons favorite game almost overnight!!
Tried it tonight for the 1st time and its a KICK!
The wheel w/foot contols takes a little getting used to but my boy has already bought the 914/6, and updated it to look like my creamcicle, and upgraded it to A class? LOL What a beast !!
Megademonic is my gamertag

Twise
just registered - i would like number 13 if available.
poorsche914
Glad to see some renewed interest in this. It has been well over a year since we have run any organized races.
I will check to see if #13 is available and let you know. What is your gamertag?

driving.gif

EDIT: Here is the current list of race numbers taken along with gamertag. Not sure how many of these guys are still interested in playing:
#1 Reserved for Season Defending Champion
#2 racerx9146
#3 celluloid3
#6 mrc6freak
#7 stemisch
#9 underthetire
#13 CRAZYxNATHAN
#14 N0 FALSE G0DS
#22 SGT 242
#23 smook914
#24 Igor9146mfi
#38 JakeOdoule
#43 St33lerChief7
#66 method x
#70 sonautoGT
#72 stepuptotheMike
#79 torboman808

Message me on Xbox (my gamertag is stemisch) and let me know what number you would like and what your info is on the racing forum web site.
Maybe we can get a group together for some racing soon.
PeeGreen 914
oh, I will have to get in on this smile.gif I have the game but never played it.

If you guys want to add me I am "premature squire" blink.gif Yeah, really happy11.gif
Twise
I think my tag is "shotouthood", but I will have to check when I get home. If 13 is taken I will rock 666. I will friend you tonite.
914werke
Ill take #8 as it still is apparently available?
jeff
What Steering wheel are you guys using? I bought A 360 And the f1 game but the only nice wheel I can find is the Fanteca Porsche wheel in which I feel Like I should spend that much on trying to make my 914 run...
poorsche914
QUOTE(jeff @ Feb 24 2011, 06:59 PM) *
What Steering wheel are you guys using? I bought A 360 And the f1 game but the only nice wheel I can find is the Fanteca Porsche wheel in which I feel Like I should spend that much on trying to make my 914 run...

If you can find one, the Logitech wheel for Xbox is good. Might be able to find one on ebay but they are getting rare.
Other choice is a Microsoft wheel - also find on ebay or maybe craigslist.
Either one will run between $50 and $100 or so.

driving.gif
'73-914kid
Friend request sent. my gamertag is "perfectshot12" looking for number 618
poorsche914
Updated # list:
#2 racerx9146
#3 celluloid3
#6 mrc6freak
#7 stemisch
#8 megademonic
#9 underthetire
#13 CRAZYxNATHAN
#14 N0 FALSE G0DS
#22 SGT 242
#23 smook914
#24 Igor9146mfi
#38 JakeOdoule
#43 St33lerChief7
#66 method x
#69 mojorisen914
#70 sonautoGT
#72 stepuptotheMike
#79 torboman808
#618 perfectshot12
#666 shoutouthood
mojorisen914
I'll add everyones gamertag on here tonight. Put me down for #69
poorsche914
QUOTE(mojorisen914 @ Feb 24 2011, 09:29 PM) *
I'll add everyones gamertag on here tonight. Put me down for #69

You got it.

driving.gif
Jakeodoule
I'm in.
Can you gift me the cars again?
My xbox fried and i got a new one. Lost my cars and haven't played since.
But I'm down for some teener racing.
That was fun!
jcambo7
Are you guys racing again. I would like to be number 77 if I could and also start doing this with you guys.
jcambo7
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Feb 24 2011, 01:47 PM) *

oh, I will have to get in on this smile.gif I have the game but never played it.

If you guys want to add me I am "premature squire" blink.gif Yeah, really happy11.gif

It's not letting me add you Jon. I thinks it's because you don't have an xbox gold account unless that game is for the PS3?
Brent
I'm going to have to get back into this on the weekends! Made my stand for my wheel and pedals, then got into job hunt mode. Not much I can do on Weekends.

St33lerChief7
6freak
QUOTE(Brent @ Feb 25 2011, 12:12 AM) *

I'm going to have to get back into this on the weekends! Made my stand for my wheel and pedals, then got into job hunt mode. Not much I can do on Weekends.

St33lerChief7

do i remember you haveing pictures of that stand or drawings...kinda wanna do the same thing
poorsche914
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Feb 24 2011, 11:04 PM) *
Are you guys racing again. I would like to be number 77 if I could and also start doing this with you guys.

#77 is yours, James.

This is an Xbox game. On Jon's gamertag, could be that there should be no space in the name? Have him FR one of us and then we can link up from there.

Does 9pm Eastern on Sunday evenings work for everyone? That is the time we started races before. I need to get Gold again so I can play online and to send the car setups.

driving.gif
PeeGreen 914
Yeah, there is no space....oops blink.gif I will try to FR someone tonight or tomorrow.

I would like number 191 please smile.gif

"prematuresquire"
poorsche914
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Feb 25 2011, 11:41 AM) *
Yeah, there is no space....oops blink.gif I will try to FR someone tonight or tomorrow.

"prematuresquire"

#191 is yours.

Updated # list:
#2 racerx9146
#3 celluloid3
#6 mrc6freak
#7 stemisch
#8 megademonic
#9 underthetire
#13 CRAZYxNATHAN
#14 N0 FALSE G0DS
#22 SGT 242
#23 smook914
#24 Igor9146mfi
#38 JakeOdoule
#43 St33lerChief7
#66 method x
#69 mojorisen914
#70 sonautoGT
#72 stepuptotheMike
#77 jcambo
#79 torboman808
#191 prematuresquire
#618 perfectshot12
#666 shoutouthood

driving.gif
MrHyde
9pm est on sunday?? sweet I'm in. smile.gif gamertage hydeandseek79 number.. umm 124.
so this is all bone stock cars then ?
poorsche914
QUOTE(MrHyde @ Feb 25 2011, 02:07 PM) *
9pm est on sunday?? sweet I'm in. smile.gif gamertage hydeandseek79 number.. umm 124.
so this is all bone stock cars then ?

#124 for hydeandseek79

We actually run spec tunes in D and E class. Send an FR to stemisch and I will get the tuning setup sent to you.
Basically, every car is set up with the same tires, suspension, etc but you can tune it to your driving style by adjusting springs, gearing, etc.

driving.gif
Richard Casto
Hey, I glad to see this going again. I kind of wish we had started this again in the late fall as it is starting to warm up here in NC and I may spend more time in the garage in the evenings. I also haven't run any Forza 3 in months. I bought a wheel awhile back, but really haven't gotten used to it yet, or have built a stand for it (still driving with it on my lap).

But, count me in!!

How about we run at least one or two weeks of "have fun" to let new guys get spec mods and tunes setup and then we can start a new point series? I am fine with 9PM Sunday (Eastern) I could go an hour later if that would help those on the west coast.

Richard (Xbox Live Gamertag "Method X")

PS: Anyone who doesn't already have me in their friends list, send me an invite!
jcambo7
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Feb 25 2011, 10:41 AM) *

"prematuresquire"

Ok it worked now.
poorsche914
Glad to see you can make it, Richard.
For those who don't know, Richard is last season's points champ smilie_pokal.gif
I agree with the first couple weeks of "fun" runs to get everyone up to speed. I haven't been on Forza in quite a while, also. Will need to get some practice laps in smile.gif

driving.gif
mojorisen914
Ok, I got side tracked last night and didn't add everyone's GT. I'll get on this over the weekend. Can someone send me the tuning setup? Thanks.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Feb 25 2011, 12:46 PM) *

Glad to see you can make it, Richard.
For those who don't know, Richard is last season's points champ smilie_pokal.gif
I agree with the first couple weeks of "fun" runs to get everyone up to speed. I haven't been on Forza in quite a while, also. Will need to get some practice laps in smile.gif

driving.gif

Yeah, and you're making me wake at 6am dry.gif and I've never played. So I'm going to need it biggrin.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Feb 25 2011, 04:46 PM) *
Yeah, and you're making me wake at 6am dry.gif and I've never played. So I'm going to need it biggrin.gif

6am? Unless you're going to practice for 12 hours poke.gif
Race time is in the evening smile.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Feb 25 2011, 10:55 AM) *

QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Feb 25 2011, 11:41 AM) *

"prematuresquire"

#191 is yours.

Updated # list:
#2 racerx9146
#3 celluloid3
#6 mrc6freak
#7 stemisch
#8 megademonic
#9 underthetire
#13 CRAZYxNATHAN
#14 N0 FALSE G0DS
#22 SGT 242
#23 smook914
#24 Igor9146mfi
#38 JakeOdoule
#43 St33lerChief7
#66 method x
#69 mojorisen914
#70 sonautoGT
#72 stepuptotheMike
#77 jcambo7
#79 torboman808
#191 prematuresquire
#618 perfectshot12
#666 shoutouthood

driving.gif

I corrected my gamertag.
jcambo7
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Feb 25 2011, 03:49 PM) *

QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Feb 25 2011, 04:46 PM) *

6am? Unless you're going to practice for 12 hours poke.gif
Race time is in the evening smile.gif

av-943.gif 9PM EST is 6PM Pacific Time Jon.
mojorisen914
Apparently Jon has already started hitting the Friday Tequila....
beerchug.gif
jcambo7
Well I added a bunch of the people listed but some of them didn't work. May not be gamertags I guess. jcambo7 as listed though is mine so if anyone wants to add me.
PeeGreen 914
am.. pm.. what ever dry.gif

Okay, I can handle that... except I will be showing homes this weekend. But I will try to make it work beerchug.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Feb 25 2011, 05:29 PM) *
am.. pm.. what ever dry.gif

Okay, I can handle that... except I will be showing homes this weekend. But I will try to make it work beerchug.gif

No worries if you are late. Join any time. We generally play 2-3 hours.

driving.gif
Smitty911
Been looking forward to these races.

My X-Box username is N0 FALSE G0DS the o are Zeros.
Gearhead1432
So how is this working out lately? I've been so bussy I haven't had the chance to play in a while. i.e. I never got a number, in fact, I didn't even know there was a spec. With out reading though the last 20 pages in this thread, what do I need to do?

-Rob

"Gearhead1432"
'73-914kid
Anyone want to do some laps, and or racing/ tuning tonight? I'll be on for a long time.nothing else to do.. friend request me : perfectshot12

-Ethan
Haudiosolutions
How did I miss this! I'm in (when ever I'm not stuck working )
Gamer Tag is Sleazy D13 (Don't ask. Had a friend set it up years ago I hear it's a pain to change.)

Derrick
poorsche914
QUOTE(Gearhead1432 @ Feb 26 2011, 12:57 AM) *
So how is this working out lately? I've been so bussy I haven't had the chance to play in a while. i.e. I never got a number, in fact, I didn't even know there was a spec. With out reading though the last 20 pages in this thread, what do I need to do?
-Rob
"Gearhead1432"

Rob... you haven't missed much as we have not played for over a year.

Take a look at the list of numbers already spoken for and then let me know what number you would like.

Organized races will begin this Sunday at 9pm Eastern / 6pm on the west coast.
The first couple weeks will be "fun" runs just to get the spec tunes to everybody and to practice a bit. Then we will start a Series with points awarded to winner of each race as well as participation, fastest lap, etc. The winner then gets to use #1 on his/her car the next season.

Racing sessions will consist of a variety of races: several short tracks OR a couple long tracks OR a single endurance race OR a combination of all those. You can check the forums I set up at 914 Simracing and look at the past seasons' races to get an idea.

We have run spec F, E and D tuned 914s in the past. You can get the spec tunes from me or any of the other racers. Just FR one of us and we will send your way. I also have a 914 World vinyl that I will gift to you so you can put it on your car if you'd like.

As far as painting your car and adding vinyls, pretty much anything goes. My preference is to keep a vintage look - not overly done like nowadays. Makes for better pics when all cars involved have the same look.

Your "unofficial" event organizer,
stemisch

driving.gif

jcambo7
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Feb 26 2011, 09:24 AM) *

QUOTE(Gearhead1432 @ Feb 26 2011, 12:57 AM) *
-Rob
"Gearhead1432"

Rob... you haven't missed much as we have not played for over a year.

Take a look at the list of numbers already spoken for and then let me know what number you would like.

Organized races will begin this Sunday at 9pm Eastern / 6pm on the west coast.
The first couple weeks will be "fun" runs just to get the spec tunes to everybody and to practice a bit. Then we will start a Series with points awarded to winner of each race as well as participation, fastest lap, etc. The winner then gets to use #1 on his/her car the next season.

Racing sessions will consist of a variety of races: several short tracks OR a couple long tracks OR a single endurance race OR a combination of all those. You can check the forums I set up at 914 Simracing and look at the past seasons' races to get an idea.

We have run spec F, E and D tuned 914s in the past. You can get the spec tunes from me or any of the other racers. Just FR one of us and we will send your way. I also have a 914 World vinyl that I will gift to you so you can put it on your car if you'd like.

As far as painting your car and adding vinyls, pretty much anything goes. My preference is to keep a vintage look - not overly done like nowadays. Makes for better pics when all cars involved have the same look.

Your "unofficial" event organizer,
stemisch

driving.gif

If you could send the spec setups to me also and the paint scheme that be great. Thanks. I wouldn't maybe doing some practice races today right now or later tonight if some people are interested. jcambo7
'73-914kid
I could also use the car specs.. I think my only 914 is stuck somewhere in A class..haha

James, I'll be on in a little bit if I can get car classification figured out.

-Ethan (perfectshot12)
jcambo7
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Feb 26 2011, 11:31 AM) *

I could also use the car specs.. I think my only 914 is stuck somewhere in A class..haha

James, I'll be on in a little bit if I can get car classification figured out.

-Ethan (perfectshot12)

I could send you one of my set ups for D class that I made.
Smitty911
It just goes to show don't loan out equipment.

I have a Non-Profit Corp, that does Video Game Tournaments and free play events for Schools and churches.

I have 18 X-Box 360 complete setups and game copies.

Loaned a guy 8 systems for his event, get everything back, I thought.

Missing My Lone Copy of Forza 3. Ugh

Off to Games for Less in Anaheim, they take care of me. Well I have spent Thousands of dollars with them. av-943.gif

I'll be praticing tonight, What Tracks are instore for Sundays events?

Smitty
poorsche914
Smitty,

At least FM3 is relatively cheap nowadays. Try for the Classics version (or whatever it is called) as it includes all prior downloadable content - tracks and cars.

Will probably start with tracks like Road Atlanta, Maple Valley, Mugello, and other short tracks. Not real sure.

I will be on sometime today and send out tune specs.

The paint specs are up to you. Could be as simple as a number on the door and hoods or more detailed with sponsor stickers, graphics, etc.

If any one needs help with a design for their car, let me know and I will make something up for you. I realize not every one knows their way around the vinyl editor.

driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.