Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any Xbox Gamers? 914/6 Spec Racing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
poorsche914
Track change for Sunday's races. VIEW HERE
6freak
Got it !....... Practice practice practice ....Wondering !if i have an E275 spec car Gifted from Stemisch....Painted by Sunauto.. I should be able to have it in any livery i choose ...but a # is required .............if so Im good...Last sunday there were cars with no #`s......makes it easer to call out to the driver,hey #6 passing on your right,Just thinking out loud.......race on
poorsche914
QUOTE(6freak @ Jan 23 2010, 12:50 PM) *

Got it !....... Practice practice practice ....Wondering !if i have an E275 spec car Gifted from Stemisch....Painted by Sunauto.. I should be able to have it in any livery i choose ...but a # is required .............if so Im good...Last sunday there were cars with no #`s......makes it easer to call out to the driver,hey #6 passing on your right,Just thinking out loud.......race on

Yeah, I wish everyone would at least put numbers on both sides of their car. Makes it easier to identify.
You can make up any livery you want just be sure to have your number on both sides. Sonauto's liveries always look good. I came up with a new one for myself this week.

The main thing is the correct setup. I have limited the power output in the game settings so if you have more HP than spec, you will not be able to choose that car. I will be online later this evening so if anyone needs help getting the correct setup applied or needs help with a livery, contact me on Xbox LIVE - stemisch.

Richard Casto
I will try to be there Sunday. I have out of town guest and the xbox is in the guest room, so I am not sure if it's gonna work out. What time do we start? I am assuming get together at 9:00 PM eastern and flag drops for first race at 9:30 PM?

Can someone create a decal (or whatever they call it) for me with my number on it? I suck at painting cars. 66 in black text within a white circle would be great! I can place it on my car.

I will see if I have the spec car the was gifted to me. I haven't raced any since we ran the first pre-season race.
6freak
Hope the game is over by then ....Maybe we could bump the start to 7pm....New Orleans could sure use some good in that State..but what the hell GO VIKINGS
poorsche914
QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Jan 23 2010, 04:25 PM) *

I will try to be there Sunday. I have out of town guest and the xbox is in the guest room, so I am not sure if it's gonna work out. What time do we start? I am assuming get together at 9:00 PM eastern and flag drops for first race at 9:30 PM?

Can someone create a decal (or whatever they call it) for me with my number on it? I suck at painting cars. 66 in black text within a white circle would be great! I can place it on my car.

I will see if I have the spec car the was gifted to me. I haven't raced any since we ran the first pre-season race.

Yes, gather at 9:00pm ET (which is 6:00 for you 6freak)
I will make up a livery for you and gift it to you.
VWLover
I was playing online from 3pm till 7.20pm...
6Freak and I were racing, I had a blast...
poorsche914
QUOTE(VWLover @ Jan 23 2010, 11:08 PM) *

I was playing online from 3pm till 7.20pm...
6Freak and I were racing, I had a blast...

Register at the Teener Simracing League forum and join us Sunday evenings for some fun racing with other 914 owners. Once you register, post the number you would like reserved for your car. Then, message stemsich on Xbox LIVE and I will gift you the spec E275 tuning setup for your car.

driving.gif
JRust
Been a while. I'll have to get on tonight to race some. It is good fun being on with a bunch of teeners. driving.gif aktion035.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(JRust @ Jan 24 2010, 01:00 PM) *

Been a while. I'll have to get on tonight to race some. It is good fun being on with a bunch of teeners. driving.gif aktion035.gif

Thanks for signing up. I sent you the spec tuning setup to apply to your car.
See ya tonite.

Note to Racers: tonight's session is going to last a couple hours and there is a good possibility we will have more than 8 racers. This will mean setting up two lobbies. I need at least one person to volunteer to be the host of the second lobby. We can then go into the race lobby, load each race setup, and (I hope) you can then save them to your system so both lobbies will have the same setup.
Thanks!
Richard Casto
I had fun on Sunday night. The racing was very close with a few of us trading positions back and forth at the front.

I noticed one car had a PI of 274. The spec 914 happens to have a PI of 275. When asked why he wasn’t using the spec 914, he said that the car was running a lower PI and that he was at a disadvantage to everyone else.

My opinion is that we either run all the same exact specification or a specific PI, but to not allow a mixture of both. My concern is that the idea was to have a spec series in which all cars were the same and that it was setup and driving that was to be the difference. There are many ways to build a car to a specific PI level and this can also create a wide range of performance. I also have no doubt that if given the option, I can build a 914 that is PI 275 or below that would be faster than the spec 914 car that is also PI 275.

I just wanted it to be clarified that we are required to use the same exact modifications. Using a different mixture of modifications (even if you are able to keep the PI at 275 or below) is not allowed. That other than the previously listed wheel styles (which do not impact PI as I expect they are the same weight), the only tweaks you are allowed are the setup adjustments.
6freak
And #`s .....both sides, front and back ......rules are rules.....Only part i was bummed about was the 50 laps of practice on the wrong track lol-2.gif LMAO about it now but not then ......so its back on Sunday for more racing.......put #`s on your cars please or dont bitch when you dont get a i`m passing you signel........RacerX ..I O U a trip off in the dirt ,you seem to be the only one that pushes hes way through poke.gif I bumped Sonauto off once and actually gave him the spot back ,or maybe he took it back! LOL...hell i dont remember...Smook and i raced for a long time nose to tail before a got buy him.he went wide and i slid by on the inside .....great fun!....what tracks! this week ..........

.. BUMP TO PASS IS BULLSHIT YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE ..IF THATS THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN GET AROUND ME YOU SUCK.....
.And thats all i have to say about that ......

"Forest Gump"
racerx9146
6freak, I think you are mistaken, My DSL was flaky Sunday night and I could not race, so it was not me who bumped you off.

Not sure if you are kidding around but my observations from Saturday night practice are that you are a pretty aggressive and probably should not be making claims till you clean up your own tendency to rear end folks.

John
poorsche914
Tracks for Race #3 - European Tour: Italy, France, Germany driving.gif

5 laps on Mugello Short
10 laps on Mugello Long
10 laps on Le Mans Bugatti Circuit
3 laps on Nurburgring Nordschleife

Race #4 - headed to Japan ninja.gif
Richard Casto
I think I am missing numbers on my front. I will fix that before next Sunday. I think my numbers on the rear is on the rear bumper (kind of small). Are they readable if they are on the hood/trunk?

It seems to me that the first few corners are pretty wild with people wanting to run side by side through turns and it's easy to hit people. I have been trying to not be aggressive on the first lap so as to avoid contact.

Everyone seems to be racing really clean around me. I think Sonauto accidentally hit me under braking once and he gave me back the position once I got back on track which was cool. With the racing as close as it can be it's hard to call out passes. Especially if you are right no top of someone in front of you and they make a mistake. You have to jump on those when they happen.
poorsche914
QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Jan 26 2010, 07:58 PM) *

I think I am missing numbers on my front. I will fix that before next Sunday. I think my numbers on the rear is on the rear bumper (kind of small). Are they readable if they are on the hood/trunk?

It seems to me that the first few corners are pretty wild with people wanting to run side by side through turns and it's easy to hit people. I have been trying to not be aggressive on the first lap so as to avoid contact.

Everyone seems to be racing really clean around me. I think Sonauto accidentally hit me under braking once and he gave me back the position once I got back on track which was cool. With the racing as close as it can be it's hard to call out passes. Especially if you are right no top of someone in front of you and they make a mistake. You have to jump on those when they happen.

I agree the racing has cleaned up quite a bit even in the first turn piratenanner.gif

If everyone would treat their sim-914 as their real 914, then there would be far few accidents. Last Sunday's races were a lot of fun running against Method X (Richard). We swapped places several times without touching the other person's car. Watching the replays, I noted that we BOTH drove defensively when running side by side - not being sure where exactly the other was, we both took to our side of the track leaving plenty of room between cars.

One thing that caused a problem last race was excessive mic noise. I know mine was causing problems so muted it during the races. I have fixed that problem. There were a couple others that had mics that were always broadcasting. Please be sure your mic is working properly. A good test is to open a chat room and look at the microphone icon. If you can see the "lines" coming out of it and you are not speaking, then you are broadcasting noise and it makes it difficult for others to hear.

As far as numbers - both sides, front hood, rear trunk. That should do it.

And I guess we need to enforce the spec setup to make it fair all around.

driving.gif
6freak
QUOTE(racerx9146 @ Jan 26 2010, 02:56 PM) *

6freak, I think you are mistaken, My DSL was flaky Sunday night and I could not race, so it was not me who bumped you off.

Not sure if you are kidding around but my observations from Saturday night practice are that you are a pretty aggressive and probably should not be making claims till you clean up your own tendency to rear end folks.

John

blink.gif sorry! must be racerx I O a bump to pass Just :poke:fun, It is tuff to know when the guy in front of you is gonna brake and how hard.Its all good! that racing....so i was thinking maybe if we start from an outside view of the cars it would be easier to stay off other cars (tuff to see from the in car) tell we get sorted out the switch to in car views .Just an idea i will try for sure! cause it mite be me that pushes the next guy off and i dont want that ...so my only ? is when you load a setup do you have to reload it every time you turn off the console .I had my car turning real good then turned it off tell sunday and didnt touch the car and come race time car handle poorly and the tranny did seem right ...wouldnt think you would have to reload setting ..maybe it was just me ???...good times
stepuptotheMike
sorry i missed you guys on sunday night, but i had the family room torn apart painting, crown moulding and surround sound installation. Have to get the upgrades to the man cave done prior to the superbowl party smile.gif

i should make the european tour this week.

Mike
Brent
I too will be joining this next round, sine my sons will be out with their mother. Football took priority this week, sorry.
poorsche914
QUOTE(Brent @ Jan 27 2010, 03:08 PM) *

I too will be joining this next round, sine my sons will be out with their mother. Football took priority this week, sorry.

The Sunday racing is getting fun as people who have never raced get more experience (thus less crashing).

The upcoming European series looks like there will be some good competition as there are several drivers turning in some fast laps. Just a matter of keeping it on the track driving.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jan 27 2010, 02:18 PM) *

Just a matter of keeping it on the track driving.gif

It would be nice... got punted 5 times in 4 races by the SAME GUY!!!

Richard Casto
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jan 27 2010, 03:18 PM) *

The upcoming European series looks like there will be some good competition as there are several drivers turning in some fast laps. Just a matter of keeping it on the track driving.gif

Thats an interesting point as I was not setting fastest laps this past weekend, but I feel my strength is consistency. Not that I can't have my own issues as I spun out all by myself when in 2nd on the first race and finished 4th or so.

Even when I feel I am pretty consistent, it's hard to evaluate one setup/tune vs. another. For example this past weekend, I made some setup tweaks to the car that you gifted me, but generally felt the car was a bit on the razors edge and twitchy (particularly under braking). I felt that I was loosing time because of that. So the other night I started a new setup from scratch. I "think" this one is better, but even as consistent as I think I am, it's hard to evaluate this new setup against the old one via lap times as the lap time range can be quite wide even with just one setup. With the real problem being that "easier to drive" is not always "faster". Hopefully this new setup is not going to screw me.

So far I have been avoiding per track gearing or setup. I just don't have the time to do that. So I am going to continue with the same setup for one night of racing. However as part of my new setup, I did tweak gearing to try to keep me more in the powerband in 3rd through 6th.
Richard Casto
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 27 2010, 11:31 PM) *

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jan 27 2010, 02:18 PM) *

Just a matter of keeping it on the track driving.gif

It would be nice... got punted 5 times in 4 races by the SAME GUY!!!

My opinion is that there is a lot of aggressive driving happening on the first lap. I am no sucker so I am not going to give a position easily, but I find no reason to fight to the death in the first 30 seconds of the race. I would rather back off and give up a position vs. risk getting spun and then spend (waste) the next lap catching up.

I think the Nurburgring this weekend is going to be interesting as there really isn't many places to pass. I suspect that slight gearing differences might allow some passing on the two long straights, but much of the back 1/2 to 1/3 of the track is so quick and tight that unless the leading driver screws up its going to be hard to pass.
6freak
I think alot of the aggressive driving is do to the fact that if you can be the first one through the corner you stand a much better chance at winning...if you get marred back in traffic the leaders just walk away ..but hey thats spec racing ...I did try the over head view at the start and it was great i could see anyone around me and we had some clean starts and once we got sorted out i switch to the incar view ..granted there were only 5 cars but it work good for me ..JMO...Race on
poorsche914
QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Jan 28 2010, 08:35 AM) *

Thats an interesting point as I was not setting fastest laps this past weekend, but I feel my strength is consistency. Not that I can't have my own issues as I spun out all by myself when in 2nd on the first race and finished 4th or so. .... edit...

I agree consistency is key since the fastest lap doesn't mean a whole lot. There have been times when the racer with the fastest lap didn't even podium.
Richard Casto
It was another good night of racing. We did Mugello Short, Mugello Long, Le Mans Bugatti and Nurburgring Nordshleife.

I had a novel all typed up, but it really was too long to post. The short version is everyone is getting faster and the racing is getting much tighter. I am finding it really required you to be brave and get a run on someone to pass them, or pressure them to make a mistake. Nurburgring was a bit of a mess, but I am not surprised. It’s hard to memorize and while you might be fast through one section the guy in front of you might not be. So it’s easy to accidentally tap him when he brakes or lifts when you don’t expect it. Or conversely you might realize mid turn that you are ever so slightly hot and tap the guy in front of you who actually did slow down just right. The track is not very wide so it easy to accidentally get collected yourself when you pass someone who is loose, lost momentum and it trying to get it back together. I think if everyone had more experience on the track it would have been less gory. They don’t call it the green hell for nothing!

I think (not sure) that we are taking next weekend off due to Superbowl. If anyone is on the fence about joining, you should do it. I has been some of the best online racing I have ever had.
6freak
good fun ...I did get fastest lap in one race and finish 4th driving.gif ..lol my car likes 4th ,...we wont talk about the GREEN HELL headbang.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 1 2010, 11:36 PM) *

good fun ...I did get fastest lap in one race and finish 4th driving.gif ..lol my car likes 4th ,...we wont talk about the GREEN HELL headbang.gif

Did anyone by chance save the replay of the first race? I just need to know everyone's fastest lap times.

Some REALLY good racing going on. 6Freak actually led about half of Bugatti but his car likes 4th place too much so he let three of us by poke.gif

I think this weekend we will have a Fun Run on Saturday night for those so inclined to join. Not sure what exactly but thinking of a 3 run downhill or hill climb based on time with staggered starts. Best 3 times added together wins the match. Maybe some Tag or drag racing or ??? Definitely do a photo run where we pose the cars.

Other ideas? Pass 'em on.

Richard Casto
I didn't save any replays. I think I had fastest lap on Mugello short, but not sure. What bugs me about that track was that I couldn't get a good clean time. Something kept tripping the "dirty lap" indicator, but wasn't sure what.

I like the idea of the fun runs this weekend (no pressure to perform!). I also like the idea of getting some group photos of the cars. I think a game of Tag would be awesome. Not a fan of drag racing (especially since my launch sucks).
poorsche914
QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Feb 2 2010, 10:30 AM) *

I didn't save any replays. I think I had fastest lap on Mugello short, but not sure. What bugs me about that track was that I couldn't get a good clean time. Something kept tripping the "dirty lap" indicator, but wasn't sure what.

I like the idea of the fun runs this weekend (no pressure to perform!). I also like the idea of getting some group photos of the cars. I think a game of Tag would be awesome. Not a fan of drag racing (especially since my launch sucks).

I noticed the "dirty laps" on Mugello also and KNEW I was running clean laps then finally figured out it was because you were drafting me!!! So... whenever we got within 50 or 100m of each other, it triggered the warning. Kinda stupid but that's the way the game is set up.

For the Fun Run it will be open spec and we could even try different classes if every one builds up tunes for several classes. For the photoshoot, I think cars without liveries would be nice - get several cars all in different colors and such.
ClayPerrine
I missed it.. sad.gif

My X-box 360 dvd drive has been acting up. I ordered a replacement and kept hoping it would show before the old one died. No such luck. The old drive died on Friday, and the new one showed up on Monday. I got it put back together and was hot lapping yesterday.

And if anyone wants to drag race.. I will run 'ya.... I still hold an IHRA license... biggrin.gif

6freak
Im up for anything ....dont know how long i will be in the shop wrench`n so i may just pop in late Saterday nite.....Dirty laps ..never notice any such thing ...you just joke`n??
Richard Casto
QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 2 2010, 12:26 PM) *

Dirty laps ..never notice any such thing ...you just joke`n??

When you run a lap it keeps track of things such as shortcutting the course and apparently drafting as well. If you look at your lap time (it shows current, best and last), if the lap was "dirty" it will have a triangle with an exclamation point in the center next to it. If you look at lap times on the leader board it also indicates if the lap was dirty. It will place a slower "clean" lap ahead of a faster "dirty" lap on the leaderboard as well as on the fast lap info at the end of a race.
6freak
I would have to say i have more dirty then clean!.lol.sorta..practice pratice pratice
stepuptotheMike
I thought that was the good job marker biggrin.gif

Mike
Richard Casto
I was online for the fun run but apparently that didn't happen. Do we have a track list for this weekend?
underthetire
I know you guys have not really missed me biggrin.gif but my DVD drive went feet up. Time to send it back to microcock.
stepuptotheMike
Had no time to come up for air last weekend. Superbowl party was a blast.

This weekend is booked solid as well...

Friday night setup for Cubscout Pinewood Derby
Saturday - Pinewood derby
Sunday Morning - Scout Sunday at Church
Sunday afternoon - Daytona 500
Sunday evening/night - Hosting Couples Valentine's dinner and Wii game night.

whew... good thing I have Monday off and can get some sleep.

Mike
poorsche914
QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Feb 10 2010, 08:26 AM) *

I was online for the fun run but apparently that didn't happen. Do we have a track list for this weekend?

I ended up having to baby sit my 10 month old granddaughter so wasn't able to get on the xbox. Haven't been on for several days, actually. Will fire it up and list the tracks by this evening. Headed to the good ol' US of A so plenty of tracks to choose from.
Brent
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Feb 10 2010, 10:16 AM) *

I ended up having to baby sit my 10 month old granddaughter so wasn't able to get on the xbox. Haven't been on for several days, actually. Will fire it up and list the tracks by this evening. Headed to the good ol' US of A so plenty of tracks to choose from.

I plan on being race ready this Sunday. Nothing major planned , and sons back with baby momma and the idiot boyfriend.
poorsche914
QUOTE(Brent @ Feb 10 2010, 01:34 PM) *

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Feb 10 2010, 10:16 AM) *

I plan on being race ready this Sunday. Nothing major planned , and sons back with baby momma and the idiot boyfriend.

Hope we have a full lobby again. So much more fun.

Tracks have been listed on the Teener Simracing League site.

poorsche914
Only two of us in the lobby tonight and it's 15 minutes to race start. Hope others join in.
Richard Casto
I ended up not being able to join in at the last second. I was looking forward to is since I am quick at Road Atlanta and Laguna Seca. How many ended up racing?

That is two nights I have missed. Pretty much kills my chance at winning the series. sad.gif
6freak
I`ll be back on next sunday ....Yesterday didnt end up to good
poorsche914
QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Feb 15 2010, 08:00 AM) *

I ended up not being able to join in at the last second. I was looking forward to is since I am quick at Road Atlanta and Laguna Seca. How many ended up racing?

That is two nights I have missed. Pretty much kills my chance at winning the series. sad.gif

There was just me and Clay at first then racerx9146 joined in and sonautoGT showed up after we had run several tracks. We ran the series tracks and then after Clay left we got in the Lotus 2-11 and had fun in those quick little go karts.

I think maybe just "showing up" points will be given since it isn't much of a race with two people so your chance at winning the series is not in jeopardy. I still have to figure points from the #3 series. Been busy with other stuff.

Next week's series will be Japanese tracks - will post those in the next day or two so everyone can practice. Possibilities are Tsukuba, Suzuka, Motegi and hmmm, maybe Fujimi Kaido circuit??? Might save that for a point-to-point series.
driving.gif
6freak
look`n to race sunday nite .....what tracks ???? driving.gif
Richard Casto
QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 20 2010, 10:15 PM) *

look`n to race sunday nite .....what tracks ???? driving.gif

Unless we get an update from our leader, I am assuming Tsukuba, Suzuka and Motegi? It seems we usually do a short/long track variation and then two other tracks. I would vote for a full and short Suzuka and a race each at Tsukuba (full) and Motegi (full). I practiced some last night and I can tell you that the 914 on Suzuka is a blast. Tsukuba is so short we probably need to run 10 laps and maybe 5 laps or so on the longer tracks? I personally am always up for longer races. I tend to not like sprint races which can result in lots of "rubbin' is racing".
6freak
Ill practice those ...Thanks ..yak at ya 2nite
poorsche914
Sorry for not being around... lots going on and not much time to get online.

Yes on Suzuka, Tsukuba and Motegi. The first short run starts random and the start positions for the next races are then determined by lobby points. So. the higher you place the better your starting point. I prefer the longer races as well.

Official track list within the hour!

poorsche914
Japanese Series Tracks:

5 laps - Tsukuba Full
10 laps - Twin Ring Motegi Full
10 laps - Suzuka Full

That gives us a short race to determine starting positions and then two 25-30 min races.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.