Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any Xbox Gamers? 914/6 Spec Racing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
Smitty911
Thanks for thinking I'm advanced av-943.gif As soon as I can figure out the tuning and keep my back side from coming around, I'll be alot happier.

Great fun last night for sure. Looking forward to the series.

Can I bring one of these for Hood and Fender repait? sawzall-smiley.gif

FYI - for the novices, those red lights on both side on the back of the car means that car is slowing down. Please use your own brakes. av-943.gif

N0 FALSE G0DS

Smitty911
Twise
Okay, friended like two thirds the list tonite. My gamer tag is shotouth00d. Double zeros. Some of the guts did not work smooky914 and a couple others. Anyway isn't it easier to friend after you run with with someone?
poorsche914
QUOTE(Twise @ Mar 1 2011, 02:44 AM) *

Okay, friended like two thirds the list tonite. My gamer tag is shotouth00d. Double zeros. Some of the guts did not work smooky914 and a couple others. Anyway isn't it easier to friend after you run with with someone?

Yes, there is a list of the people you have raced. You can click on the GT and send an FR. It is easy to have a misspelling such as using "zeros" for "ohs" and such.

driving.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(Smitty911 @ Mar 1 2011, 01:49 AM) *
Thanks for thinking I'm advanced av-943.gif As soon as I can figure out the tuning and keep my back side from coming around, I'll be alot happier.

You seemed to be able to hold your own at the front of the pack. Maybe you were just lucky those time? poke.gif

driving.gif
Smitty911
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Mar 1 2011, 04:13 AM) *

QUOTE(Smitty911 @ Mar 1 2011, 01:49 AM) *

You seemed to be able to hold your own at the front of the pack. Maybe you were just lucky those time? poke.gif

driving.gif

I have trouble in traffic and that whole "On the Left, NO your other left!" over my headset.

If we are going to do best lap, should we make it easier on everyone and just record our own and post it here? Points could be awarded after the fact.

I really like how it's shaping up, three races per track should average out a few things.

Smitty
poorsche914
QUOTE(Smitty911 @ Mar 1 2011, 10:09 AM) *
I have trouble in traffic and that whole "On the Left, NO your other left!" over my headset.

If we are going to do best lap, should we make it easier on everyone and just record our own and post it here? Points could be awarded after the fact.

I really like how it's shaping up, three races per track should average out a few things.

Smitty

I will let each racer select which group to compete in. Post here what group you all will run in and I will figure out teams. I will race in the Advanced group. driving.gif

If everyone takes note of their best lap time for each race and then either post here or on the Simracing Forum, that would be a big help. I could then compile the results and post on the Simracing Forum.

driving.gif

PeeGreen 914
If people who have yet to add me want to do so feel free. I changed my xbox name to "PeeGreen914" beerchug.gif

I don't mind what class to race in. I'd rather not be in a Novice as I don't think that would be fair to the other novice racers. Even though I just started playing the game I have a tendency to pick up games fast. I know I am no where near any of you advanced guys and may take a while before I am so I will let you tell me what you think aktion035.gif
Brent
If anyone likes the Negative Porshce script, like I do, let me know. I developed one last night. My real car came with one, and I love the look on the LE cars, like Steve's creamsicle. The PORSCHE is unlocked, my tedious mapping, so you can take over, size and color to match your car so it fades to near perfection. Pics coming in next 20 minutes.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Brent @ Mar 1 2011, 06:33 PM) *

If anyone likes the Negative Porshce script, like I do, let me know. I developed one last night. My real car came with one, and I love the look on the LE cars, like Steve's creamsicle. The PORSCHE is unlocked, my tedious mapping, so you can take over, size and color to match your car so it fades to near perfection. Pics coming in next 20 minutes.

I like your car. It looks really cool. I have 3 914s in there right now with slight differences in color and design. Working on what I want to do for my race car.
Brent
OK, FM3 site is not allowing me to download my pics. Working on an alternate solution.
Brent
Here is one I took with my digital camera, but large shows the detail lcd pixels. Couldn't adjust quite right in photoshop.
Eddie914
How do I join?

What mods are allowed?

I'm guessing I can't run the 275 hp 914/6 I usually drive in FM3.

I set up two set of controls and drive split screen on FM3. Maybe we should set up a Tuesday Night Teener get together!

Thanks

Eddie
helios
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Mar 1 2011, 08:24 AM) *

If people who have yet to add me want to do so feel free. I changed my xbox name to "PeeGreen914" beerchug.gif

Hey Jon, I'll send you a FR in the near future. My XBL GT is HeliosGLi16v. We'll have to race sometime.

I'm currently running w/ a bunch of VW guys on Monday nights, running a Classic DTM series at the moment. Classic DTM Series - VWVortex The series has been surprisingly successful. Lowest car count has been 6, but that was only 1 race. We've had a full field of 8 cars 70% of the time.

After the series races, we will usually horse around until around 11pm PST. Sometimes it's races, sometimes it cat & mouse if there is enough people.

I thought about getting in on this, but my Sundays are just too unpredictable. Especially as we start getting into nicer weather.
poorsche914
Eddie,

You are welcome to join. We will be running spec D class. FR "stemisch" on Xbox and I will gift the tune to you. Once loaded to the car, you can tune the suspension, gearing, etc to fit your driving style.

We race on Sunday evenings starting at 9pm. The first race of the season kicks off this coming Sunday. You can read about it a page or so back for track details, etc.
Each session should last 2.5 to 3 hours.

Join during the week on Xbox - someone is bound to be online in the evenings.

driving.gif
robby750
I would like to try this too. My gamertag is SGT POORDADDY and I only bought the game yesterday so I am a real novice. I have no preference on a car number so if you could just assign me a number and let me know. Thanks.

Robby
ClayPerrine
If we do teams, I am in the novice group because I am the classic example of why you shouldn't let the mechanic drive the race car.

biggrin.gif
poorsche914
Robby - I will send you an FR later today and then gift you the spec tunes.

Clay - I remember your driving blink.gif

Looks like we should have close to even numbers of novice and advanced. A few of us gave the two group setup a try last night and it looks like it will work out. Takes a few minutes to get set up before the first race but then it runs smooth.

driving.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 2 2011, 10:10 AM) *

If we do teams, I am in the novice group because I am the classic example of why you shouldn't let the mechanic drive the race car.

biggrin.gif

Well, My driving in this game can't be much better and I consider myself a good real world racer confused24.gif
Brent
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Mar 2 2011, 12:28 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 2 2011, 10:10 AM) *

biggrin.gif

Well, My driving in this game can't be much better and I consider myself a good real world racer confused24.gif

Jon, I guess I will be with you. No matter what I do, I cant seem to get in the top three. And when I start out in front, I am ALWAYS taken out on the first turn, and I make sure I am not over braking, or braking at all, even though I get the customary, "sorry" as they go way bye and catching up is not in my capacity at this time.
Richard Casto
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Mar 1 2011, 10:22 AM) *

I will let each racer select which group to compete in. Post here what group you all will run in and I will figure out teams. I will race in the Advanced group. driving.gif

Just pair me up with someone. I assume we are racing Sunday? I will try to get some practice time in this weekend.

Richard
poorsche914
Race info for Sunday evening - March 6

Olde Worlde Invasion - Part 1
• Amalfi Full Circuit - 5 laps, 3 heats
• Mugello Club Circuit - 5 laps, 3 heats
• Le Mans Bugatti Circuit - 4 laps, 3 heats
• Circuit de Catalunya School Circuit - 5 laps, 3 heats

About 20 minutes run time per races 1, 2 and 4. Le Mans will take closer to 30 minutes.

I will start a chat lobby by 9pm ET. Have patience as the teams are sorted out and the race lobby is set up. Should hit the first track no later than 9:30.

Be sure to have your number on your car - both doors and front & rear trunks.

If you know FOR SURE you will be racing, please sound off here with "advanced" or "novice" notation and maybe we can sort out teams beforehand.

For anyone that would like to race but doesn't think they will make it to all races, you are more than welcome to join as a "wildcard". You can still earn points as an individual but will not earn any team points.

driving.gif
Gearhead1432
I should probably be advanced.

-Rob
poorsche914
Thanks, Rob.

Racers List so far...

Advanced:
gearhead1432
jcambo7
method x
no false gods
stemisch

Novice:
hydeandseek
peegreen914
steelerchief7

driving.gif
underthetire
Hey guys, I had an "issue" with microsoft and a credit card mad.gif

So I am now undermy914 on live. I need to play froze again to get some fake money, but please send friend request. Thanks.
Smitty911
N0 FALSE G0DS

Advanced, Iron shapens Iron.

Smitty
poorsche914
Thanks, Smitty.
List updated.

driving.gif
MrHyde
I'm in for tomorrow night .. I would prolly say novice ...
Gearhead1432
I'm a little courious what you guys are going to use for a class C car. I know there are a few old Ferraris that look like they would be really competative. But they cost $$$$$$$.

In the Porsche padock there's the 550, 914-6, and 911RS.
I think the DB-6 and E-Type may be good choices but the 300SL and BMW 3.0 CSL look really good too. What do you guys think?

-Rob
poorsche914
Yeah, those Ferraris are rather costly screwy.gif screwy.gif
On the old Mulsanne track, the 914/6 is not going to be competitive. Not sure about the 911 Carrera. The 550 Spyder might work OK but is also costly at 600k.
I haven't tried the Jag or Aston yet but both the BMW and MB look promising.

driving.gif
Justinp71
I'll try to join tomorrow night aswell, my screenname is gt914racer.
Gearhead1432
I've got (was gifted) the Ferrari 250 California and I was rather disapointed with C class tuning. Same goes for the BMW 3.0 CSL. The problem is you need a more powerfull GT for these long tracks. I'm thinking Detamoso Pantera, Aston, MB, or lamborghini. Or maybe some one can gift me a 250 Testa Rossa?
Haudiosolutions
Steve, I'm in. Place me where ya like!
poorsche914
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Mar 6 2011, 12:32 AM) *
I'll try to join tomorrow night aswell, my screenname is gt914racer.

Hope to see you. I have you on my FR already.
Do you need the spec tune?
What car # would you like?
Running Advanced or Novice?

thanks.

driving.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(Haudiosolutions @ Mar 6 2011, 08:49 AM) *
Steve, I'm in. Place me where ya like!

Great! I placed you in Advanced. Let me know if that needs changed.

Racers List so far...

Advanced:
gearhead1432
jcambo7
method x
no false gods
sleazy d13
stemisch

Novice:
hydeandseek79
peegreen914
steelerchief7
sgt poordaddy

? GT914racer
? undermy914
? racerx9146

Looks like we will have to split into two lobbies. I can set up the race rules and then if one of the guys in the Novice group will volunteer to run the lobby, that would be good.

driving.gif
poorsche914
Finally settled on my livery design:

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
jcambo7
Stinking Forza still doesn't work for me. Freaking stupid. I even tried your little link and it didn't work.
poorsche914
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Mar 6 2011, 05:32 PM) *
Stinking Forza still doesn't work for me. Freaking stupid. I even tried your little link and it didn't work.

Make sure you were logged out of the Forza site and xbox.com. Still may not work but I was pretty happy it worked for me. I just tried with your GT and it didn't work for me sad.gif
Justinp71
I can be in the novice group... Im ok but haven't raced online before...
poorsche914
We ran two lobbies tonight and from what I have heard, everyone had a great time. smilie_pokal.gif

Going to take a few days to go thru the replays and figure out who placed where. Will post when I find out.

Anyone who can remember what place they placed for each race, please post here. Might save me from having to go thru all the videos.

driving.gif
PeeGreen 914
Sorry I missed it guys. I was out showing homes piratenanner.gif . My clients found one they like so hopefully everything will go through. Shouldn't be out next week beerchug.gif
Gearhead1432
I had a great time

I remember the top three or four had 55 points at the end.

-Rob
jcambo7
I believe I placed first in the Lemans course and 1st on the very last heat we did also. Don't remember that course's name. I had a great time too!
jcambo7
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Mar 6 2011, 10:39 PM) *

Sorry I missed it guys. I was out showing homes piratenanner.gif . My clients found one they like so hopefully everything will go through. Shouldn't be out next week beerchug.gif

It's all good Jon! Work is more important especially if it can produce money for the 914! poke.gif I hope that it goes through also! Praying it does.
poorsche914
RESULTS FOR ADVANCED LOBBY

3Heat Pts - Racer - Race 1 - Race 2 - Race 3 - FTD

Amalfi
18 Stemisch 2 1 2
16 Gearhead 3 2 1 FTD 1:05.233
13 MethodX 1 3 4 2FTD 1:05.237
7 Cambo7 4 4 3
3 NoFalseGods 5 5 5
0 Sleazy 6 DNF DNF lagged out

Mugello
18 MethodX 2 1 2
15 Stemisch 1 2 4
13 Gearhead 3 4 1 FTD 1:06.469
8 Cambo7 4 3 3
2 NoFalseGods 6 5 5
1 Sleazy 5 6 6

Bugatti
18 MethodX 2 2 3 FTD 1:59.322
15 Cambo7 4 1 2
14 Gearhead 3 3 1
11 Stemisch 1 4 5
3 NoFalseGods 5 6 4
1 Sleazy 6 5 6

Catalunya School
24 Cambo7 1 1 1
12 MethodX 4 2 2
10 Stemisch 2 4 3 FTD 0:49.668
7 Gearhead 3 3 5 2FTD 0:49.685
4 NoFalseGods 5 5 4
0 Sleazy 6 6 6

POINTS STANDINGS for the NIGHT
63 Method X
56 Stemisch
55 JCambo7
53 Gearhead
13 NoFalseGods
3 SleazyD13

2FTD denotes 2nd fastest lap time. This is listed when extremely close to FTD.
FTD is awarded 1 point
Participation is awarded 1 point per night
Smitty911
Great night of racing. I found out that I shouldn't break going into corners or you get rear ended. If someone goes into the grass and than get back on the track, try to drive around them, not though them. Right poorsche914 poke.gif

Say what you want but I was very consistant tonight, ALL four series of races 5th place. It tells me one thing, never drive my 914 on a track. av-943.gif

Smitty

(AKA N0 FALSE G0DS)
Haudiosolutions
I will try to sort out my cars handling issues this week. I thought I had it dialed in but it drove differently last night than the day before. grrr
poorsche914
QUOTE(Smitty911 @ Mar 7 2011, 02:18 AM) *
If someone goes into the grass and than get back on the track, try to drive around them, not though them. Right poorsche914 poke.gif

Especially when that person enters the track sideways blink.gif

driving.gif
porsche4me
Hello - I read thru the 30 pages or so of the topic and was wondering if you could give us a list of what it would take to start from scratch ..

I have the tv part ---Other than that what do I need --- I held off on the xbox while the kids were little (have a wii) NOW it time for me to race online ( plus my www.Chumpcar.com 914 )

thanks
jcambo7
QUOTE(porsche4me @ Mar 7 2011, 07:08 AM) *

Hello - I read thru the 30 pages or so of the topic and was wondering if you could give us a list of what it would take to start from scratch ..

I have the tv part ---Other than that what do I need --- I held off on the xbox while the kids were little (have a wii) NOW it time for me to race online ( plus my www.Chumpcar.com 914 )

thanks

If you have Forza 3 all you need to do is buy a 914/6 and have enough money(CR) for the upgrades to a Class D 350. I would say have at least 75,000 CR for the upgrades after you buy the 914. We can send you the set up that we all use for our teener racing online which is all the upgrades allowed. It keeps us all with same HP, Handling, weight, and etc car to make it more challenging and an even field. You can mess with the tune setup like: gearing, shocks, alignment, anti roll bars, and etc all you want to though.
Richard Casto
I had a good time last night. I think I am lucky to have done as well as I apparently did. I was gifted some good results due to people crashing out, etc. I also managed to somehow slip through some multi-car crashes without getting involved.

I had a death grip on my controller all evening and toward the ends my hands felt like crab claws.

Richard
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.