Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any Xbox Gamers? 914/6 Spec Racing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
poorsche914
QUOTE(70_914 @ May 9 2010, 01:12 PM) *

I am up for racing Sunday. I just sent a friend request to you, it is from Kevin M 1975. I need the specs for the car so I can get mine ready, maybe practice a little.

Thanks

Kevin

Will fire up the Xbox and send you the spec tunes - one for E class and one for D class - so you can prep your cars. I am going to try to be on around 8 or so Eastern if anyone wants to race.
driving.gif
nathantheyeager
I have forza 3 that i play all the time. my xbox screwed up and i had to restart my game, so im still working on gettin good cars..

i love the 914..
Gamertag: CRAZYxNATHAN
Richard Casto
I know that many of us (including myself) have been really busy over the summer, but how about we start this up again in the fall? I am thinking I am going to build a racing seat setup and try to convert over to using a wheel. I have been using a regular controller all this time.
poorsche914
Will have to dust off the Xbox and find my copy of FM3. dry.gif

Let's hear from people willing to race on a semi-regular basis. It is so much fun with a full lobby. driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
bmtrnavsky
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 15 2010, 06:31 PM) *

Let's hear from people willing to race on a semi-regular basis. It is so much fun with a full lobby. driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif

I'll have to go buy a copy... Gamer Tag Piggpen75 I haven't been playing much since I have been in school (Ed. Doctorate). But I find more time in the winter.
Richard Casto
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 15 2010, 09:31 PM) *

Yeah, I haven't played at since our regular outings earlier this year. Been playing Lego Batman, Lego Harry Potter, etc. with the kids all summer. I pulled out FM3 the other day and I was really bad! So I think I am going to use this as an opportunity to learn how to use a wheel. If I stink that is OK. biggrin.gif
racerx9146
I am up for it. Summer does get a bit busy

gamertag racerx9146
underthetire
Awesome girlfriend just bought me a steering wheel for the Xbox. I'm ready.
Richard Casto
Just bought a wheel off eBay last night. Once I get the wheel and seat setup I will be ready to go!
stepuptotheMike
I'm in as well.... Picked up a copy for my oldest son over the summer as well, so he can play with us too.

Mike
jcambo7
I will join you guys too! Gamertag-Jcambo7
poorsche914
Is everyone OK with a Sunday evening game time like last "season" with a start time of 9:00 pm Eastern?

What class? Last season we started with F and moved up to E.

What do you think about running a couple 914 spec races each week along with a single "open" race? Class to be decided on a week to week basis - run any car you like.
I think that will add a bit of variety to the racing and might get more people involved.

Here are gamertags so you can send friend requests:

Kevin M 1975
Piggpen75
racerx9146
underthetire
Jcambo7
CRAZYxNATHAN
stepuptotheMike
method X
stemisch

driving.gif
Richard Casto
Sunday @ 9 PM ET still works great for me. I still think spec racing is the way to go (especially if we award points), but would also enjoy doing other stuff occasionally. I actually don't have a huge number of cars and haven't (and don't plan to) built up "it" cars for each class. I just don't play enough to worry about having a competitive car in each class. Stock cars with no setup tweaks might be fun for some of the "mix it up" races.

I think most people thinks its boring, but I would like to try out an endurance race that required pit stops for fuel and tires. I also like "theme" races. Like all muscle cars or ferrari vs. porsche. That type of stuff. And I think we had some fun last time playing stuff like "Tag".

Also Steve has my Gamertag ever so lightly wrong. It has a space in it. So it is...

"Method X"

Feel free to send me friend requests if you haven't already.
poorsche914
Richard - Oops, thanks for the clarification on the gamer tag.

I am with you on your suggestions. Especially the endurance racing part of it.

I don't think many of us have a lot of extra time to spend tuning cars. I certainly don't. I generally just mod suspension, tires, etc for handling and then if I have any points left, add engine mods. A quick test run to adjust to suit my driving style and away I go. My tunes (and my driving skills) are at the hobbyist level at best. I race to have fun and usually run "classic" cars such as the 914, various VWs, and other European cars. Cars that I would like to actually own in real life smile.gif

driving.gif
ONTHEGRIND
Dump fm3 and Sign up for IRACING.
70_914
You forgot me. I am interested in getting involved now that there are more than just 2 of us racing- not that getting my bootyshake.gif kicked was boring or anything...

Kevin M 1975
poorsche914
QUOTE(70_914 @ Sep 18 2010, 09:18 PM) *

You forgot me. I am interested in getting involved now that there are more than just 2 of us racing- not that getting my bootyshake.gif kicked was boring or anything...

Kevin M 1975

Hope to see you online.
Not sure when others would like to start but I may get online tonight around 9:00Eastern so feel free to join me. My GT is stemisch.

ONTHEGRIND: iRacing looks pretty cool but the car selection is pretty slim and there is no 914 huh.gif
jcambo7
I most likely wont be online today but I will try to be. Maybe next Sunday. I also sent a friend request out to the GT's listed.
Richard Casto
QUOTE(ONTHEGRIND @ Sep 18 2010, 09:11 PM) *

I plan to do IRacing at some point, but right now, spending money on a new PC just for online racing is not high on my priority list.
trent1542
Maybe I should renew my gold...
gt: trent1542
racerx9146
uuh, start your own damn thread. this one aint about IRACING

QUOTE(ONTHEGRIND @ Sep 18 2010, 06:11 PM) *

bmtrnavsky
Just borrowed a copy of Forza yesterday played the first season and bought a beautiful Yellow 914-6 this morning. smile.gif

The one thing that makes me crazy is that the car is SO light, when ever another car rubs you from behind it spins out... I guess thats just the facts of life when you race a 1500 pound car with a bunch of 2500 pound cars, but its frustrating.

My car is almost optimized for F class racing... If I want to race in E class will the computer detune my E class cars to F class or do I need to buy a second 914? I think I am going to build out a stable of Porsches to race in each class. smile.gif There are some REALLY cool cars at the high end I want to drive.
poorsche914
QUOTE(bmtrnavsky @ Oct 12 2010, 03:39 PM) *

Just borrowed a copy of Forza yesterday played the first season and bought a beautiful Yellow 914-6 this morning. smile.gif

The one thing that makes me crazy is that the car is SO light, when ever another car rubs you from behind it spins out... I guess thats just the facts of life when you race a 1500 pound car with a bunch of 2500 pound cars, but its frustrating.

My car is almost optimized for F class racing... If I want to race in E class will the computer detune my E class cars to F class or do I need to buy a second 914? I think I am going to build out a stable of Porsches to race in each class. smile.gif There are some REALLY cool cars at the high end I want to drive.

You don't have to buy multiple 914s. What you do is build a car and tune it and then save that tune. Then, using that same car, add more mods or delete mods, tune it, and then save as another file. Repeat as often as desired. You could actually then have different classes and tunes for short tracks, long tracks, etc. Just depends on how much time you want to spend on it.

driving.gif
bmtrnavsky
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Oct 12 2010, 12:55 PM) *

QUOTE(bmtrnavsky @ Oct 12 2010, 03:39 PM) *

You don't have to buy multiple 914s. What you do is build a car and tune it and then save that tune. Then, using that same car, add more mods or delete mods, tune it, and then save as another file. Repeat as often as desired. You could actually then have different classes and tunes for short tracks, long tracks, etc. Just depends on how much time you want to spend on it.

driving.gif

Awesome! I really need to play with the tuning for suspension and air pressure. The handling is a bit loose for me right now.
bmtrnavsky
I am really enjoying this game and now have a optimized Class D, E, and F 914. Still need to work on tuning. The 914 set up right seems to be able to easily dominate these classes.
IPB Image
poorsche914
Yes, the 914 does well on the shorter, twisty tracks. But the long speed tracks... no contest.
Send me a friend request on Xbox Live and I will send you a 914world vinyl to put on your car (if you'd like)
I like the way you have painted your 914. Clean looking.
kphimself
I got a PS3, are there any PS3 players out there?
poorsche914
QUOTE(kphimself @ Oct 13 2010, 10:55 PM) *

I got a PS3, are there any PS3 players out there?

Maybe try starting another thread with PS3 in the title.
Are there any racing games on PS3 that have a 914?
Forza Motorsport 3 on the Xbox is an awesome simracer and it's even more fun when the lobby is filled with 914s driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
They are coming out with a new release of FM3 that includes all the past year's DLC.
70_914
QUOTE(bmtrnavsky @ Oct 13 2010, 07:29 PM) *

I am really enjoying this game and now have a optimized Class D, E, and F 914. Still need to work on tuning. The 914 set up right seems to be able to easily dominate these classes.
IPB Image

How do you get 360 pictures onto your computer?
poorsche914
QUOTE(70_914 @ Oct 13 2010, 11:00 PM) *
How do you get 360 pictures onto your computer?

You have to save them to your storefront via the Xbox.
Then browse to the Forza web site and download the picture from your "home" page (when logged in). type.gif
Then resize if needed, etc and post to photobucket or where ever and link from here.
bmtrnavsky
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Oct 13 2010, 07:41 PM) *

Yes, the 914 does well on the shorter, twisty tracks. But the long speed tracks... no contest.
Send me a friend request on Xbox Live and I will send you a 914world vinyl to put on your car (if you'd like)
I like the way you have painted your 914. Clean looking.

I kind of went for a 70's look. I need to play with the logos a bit... I got smoked by a mustang on a speedway tonight. I'm sending friends requests tonight.
70_914
Here is my car, rendered in the game. Hopefully won't be long and it will look like this...

IPB Image
70_914
Getting close...

IPB Image

sad.gif
sawzall-smiley.gif
smash.gif
welder.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(bmtrnavsky @ Oct 14 2010, 12:21 AM) *
I kind of went for a 70's look. I need to play with the logos a bit... I got smoked by a mustang on a speedway tonight. I'm sending friends requests tonight.
I like the '70s look as well. I also have the PORSCHE script for the side that I will send your way.

Here is my Creamsicle:
IPB Image

And here is a Rothman's inspired design:

IPB Image
bmtrnavsky
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Oct 14 2010, 05:56 AM) *

QUOTE(bmtrnavsky @ Oct 14 2010, 12:21 AM) *
I like the '70s look as well. I also have the PORSCHE script for the side that I will send your way.

Here is my Creamsicle:
IPB Image

And here is a Rothman's inspired design:

IPB Image

Wow! That's tight! I'm just busy learning to drive! How far up can you build a 914?I'm thinking about getting crazy and doing one that's AWD with a big motor. The high end of D already looks like I'm pushing it though. Maybe it's just my tune.
poorsche914
QUOTE(bmtrnavsky @ Oct 14 2010, 11:12 AM) *
Wow! That's tight! I'm just busy learning to drive! How far up can you build a 914?I'm thinking about getting crazy and doing one that's AWD with a big motor. The high end of D already looks like I'm pushing it though. Maybe it's just my tune.
I think D is the ideal class for the 914/6 without adding the Forza aero.
Adding aero, AWD and the big motor is fun but not very competitive in those upper classes. It might be interesting if everybody racing built up an A class. Then we'd all have the same challenges.

bmtrnavsky
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Oct 14 2010, 08:22 AM) *

QUOTE(bmtrnavsky @ Oct 14 2010, 11:12 AM) *
I think D is the ideal class for the 914/6 without adding the Forza aero.
Adding aero, AWD and the big motor is fun but not very competitive in those upper classes. It might be interesting if everybody racing built up an A class. Then we'd all have the same challenges.

Cai you use assists in multiplayer? I haven raced online yet. I still crash a lot with no assist. I'm using stability and traction control right now.
poorsche914
QUOTE(bmtrnavsky @ Oct 14 2010, 11:55 AM) *
Cai you use assists in multiplayer? I haven raced online yet. I still crash a lot with no assist. I'm using stability and traction control right now.

Yes, you can use assists in multiplayer.
You shouldn't need stability or traction control especially at the lower power classes.
If you use the hand controller, antilock brakes helps.
jcambo7
Well I have been up in Washington for work but this coming Sunday I would be able to play online if anyone wants to join. driving.gif
bmtrnavsky
I sent everyone on this list a invite last night if you posted your Gamer Tag. Mine is Piggpen75
mojorisen914
Incase not everyone racing has my gamer tag; it's BAD JUJU70

When I first saw this thread; I was working in Kuwait and my internet was sh*t. Now I'm back in the states.

i should be on tonight.

Happy Racing.
jcambo7
Can someone send me the D Class setup you guys run the 914.
Richard Casto
I meant to get on tonight and see if anyone else was wanting to race, but had other stuff going on. sad.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Oct 17 2010, 09:33 PM) *

I meant to get on tonight and see if anyone else was wanting to race, but had other stuff going on. sad.gif

No ones playing right now anyone. Im messing around in paint and vinyls with my 914
poorsche914
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Oct 17 2010, 10:19 PM) *

We never officially ran a D class but I sent you my setup and also the spec E and F class setups.

driving.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Oct 17 2010, 10:03 PM) *

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Oct 17 2010, 10:19 PM) *

We never officially ran a D class but I sent you my setup and also the spec E and F class setups.

driving.gif

Yeah. I just remembered it was F class. Thanks!
jcambo7
Here are some pics of what I did to my 914.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
poorsche914
Looks good.
When we start the spec racing series again, you will need to change your number. #1 is reserved for last season's points leader which is Method X.
Go HERE to see the list of numbers being used already and let me know which number you would like. You may have to sign up to see that page. When you do, I have to OK it before you can post.

driving.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Oct 17 2010, 10:43 PM) *

Looks good.
When we start the spec racing series again, you will need to change your number. #1 is reserved for last season's points leader which is Method X.
Go HERE to see the list of numbers being used already and let me know which number you would like. You may have to sign up to see that page. When you do, I have to OK it before you can post.

driving.gif

I signed up for an account. I couldn't find the list. I would like 7 but that's probably taken.
mojorisen914
James,
I got your friend request last night. I only had a few to goof off so I was killing people on MW2.
I really need to spend some time setting up my car on Forza so I can at least try to be competitive with you guys.
Can someone tell me what I need to do(class, how to get your vinyls, etc).

Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.