Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any Xbox Gamers? 914/6 Spec Racing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
jcambo7
QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Mar 7 2011, 08:43 AM) *

I had a good time last night. I think I am lucky to have done as well as I apparently did. I was gifted some good results due to people crashing out, etc. I also managed to somehow slip through some multi-car crashes without getting involved.

I had a death grip on my controller all evening and toward the ends my hands felt like crab claws.

Richard

Death grip on the controller! av-943.gif I had a good time. Excited for next Sunday. A lot of crashing in the first couple of races too! I need to tweak my gearing a bit.
poorsche914
QUOTE(porsche4me @ Mar 7 2011, 08:08 AM) *
Hello - I read thru the 30 pages or so of the topic and was wondering if you could give us a list of what it would take to start from scratch ..

Here is what is needed:

HARDWARE
1. Xbox 360
2. Forza Motorsport 3 - if you can find it, get the Ultimate Edition as it includes all the downloadable content of the first year
3. TV or monitor - computer monitor works great but you will need proper cable
4. Headset (usually included with Xbox system)

INGAME
5. Porsche 914-6 set up with spec tune - we are currently running D spec; I will send this to you
6. Race number - place on doors, front & rear decklids. Paint your car as you see fit but try to keep to a vintage look.
7. Xbox Live Gold membership to be able to play online
8. Available to play Sunday evenings starting at 9:00pm Eastern for 2-3 hours

When you have an Xbox and a GT (gamer tag) let us know and we will add you to our Friends Lists and get you the spec tunes and anything else you may need.

driving.gif
Smitty911
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Mar 7 2011, 11:26 AM) *

QUOTE(porsche4me @ Mar 7 2011, 08:08 AM) *
Hello - I read thru the 30 pages or so of the topic and was wondering if you could give us a list of what it would take to start from scratch ..

Here is what is needed:

HARDWARE
1. Xbox 360
2. Forza Motorsport 3 - if you can find it, get the Ultimate Edition as it includes all the downloadable content of the first year
3. TV or monitor - computer monitor works great but you will need proper cable
4. Headset (usually included with Xbox system)

INGAME
5. Porsche 914-6 set up with spec tune - we are currently running D spec; I will send this to you
6. Race number - place on doors, front & rear decklids. Paint your car as you see fit but try to keep to a vintage look.
7. Xbox Live Gold membership to be able to play online
8. Available to play Sunday evenings starting at 9:00pm Eastern for 2-3 hours

When you have an Xbox and a GT (gamer tag) let us know and we will add you to our Friends Lists and get you the spec tunes and anything else you may need.

driving.gif

I thought we were going to help him get started.

3 - Copies of FORZA 3
3 - 55" HD TV's 1080P 240hz refresh rate
3 - X-Box 360's get one with the big hard drive as your main console and two with 4mb for the supporting consoles.
1 - Driving chair of your choice
1 - Steering wheel and pedal (Microsoft makes one $100.00, but your not cheap)
1 - 5.1 Surround Sound system with at least 1000 watts per speaker
1 - T1 Internet connection or better to reduce/eliminate lag
1 - One small power plant to power the set up
1 - Completely supportive wife

Build mount for the three TV one in front and two angled off to the side. Link all three X-Boxes together using appropriate cables. Position driving seat and make a support for Steering Wheel and foot pedals and X-Boxes. Load copies of Forza Three into each of the X-Box's, power on for Full Immersion driving.

Don't forget we are Driving 914's so please have a couple Jack Stands made into a table to complete the illusion.

As a Min. 4mb X-Box Check manufacturing date, you want a new Black one, weighs less and uses less power. One copy of Forza, and Monitor of your choice, Xbox live account.

Xbox $200
Xbox Live $50
Forza $39
Monitor $100-$200

$400 bucks is cheap money for racing, and you can eat and drink while driving. Helps on Sundays 6pm PST, right in the middle of Dinner.

Remember to have first.gif you need $$.

It's alot of fun.

Smitty

PS - I'm thinking about setting up the system above, I am the President of a Non-Profit that does Video Game Tournaments and Free Play events. I have 18 X-Boxes with monitors, I just need to go pick up two more copies of Forza. If I do that, I'll have to post pictures, but that way I can see out the side of my car so I know who's pushing me off track lol-2.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(Smitty911 @ Mar 7 2011, 06:30 PM) *

Edit: If I do that, I'll have to post pictures, but that way I can see out the side of my car so I know who I am pushing off the track

av-943.gif
ONTHEGRIND
To bad this doesnt seem to work that well or I would hook up my logitech g27 and show you my skills... I guess I will just stick to iracing for now if any of you decide to come over to the darkside let me know..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srJeN-pI3LM
poorsche914
QUOTE(racerx9146 @ Sep 20 2010, 08:23 PM) *
uuh, start your own damn thread. this one aint about IRACING
QUOTE(ONTHEGRIND @ Sep 18 2010, 06:11 PM) *
Dump fm3 and Sign up for IRACING.

QUOTE(ONTHEGRIND @ Mar 7 2011, 08:46 PM) *
To bad this doesnt seem to work that well or I would hook up my logitech g27 and show you my skills... I guess I will just stick to iracing for now if any of you decide to come over to the darkside let me know..

With all due respect, please start your own thread about iracing. We know that you prefer iracing. We happen to play FM3 on the Xbox. If you'd like to join us to blow us off the track, get yourself a compatible wheel and come on.

driving.gif
Brent
Steve, did you save the ghost or video after each heat? I guess that is what I needed to do when running other other room?

-Brent
poorsche914
Yes, I saved the replay after each race. Then after we were finished, I went thru each one, fast forwarded to the end to get fastest lap times and finish places for each racer.

Next time I am going to try to remember to write down that info as it is displayed on screen. Might not have enough time, though, as it automatically goes to next heat.

Any idea on how everyone did in your lobby? A lot of races to remember sad.gif

driving.gif
Smitty911
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Mar 7 2011, 05:39 PM) *

QUOTE(Smitty911 @ Mar 7 2011, 06:30 PM) *

Edit: If I do that, I'll have to post pictures, but that way I can see out the side of my car so I know who I am pushing off the track

av-943.gif

Two sides to every CRASH. LOL

Looking forward to Sunday.

I should be able to get some practice in this week. I'm thinking about the Triple Screen set up. I'll have to look into it.

Smitty
70_914
Been busy with my new little guy, but I hope to get involved with this.
Brent
Any idea on how everyone did in your lobby? A lot of races to remember sad.gif

driving.gif
[/quote]

Nope. At the end, asked everyone to just remember where they placed, or actually which heats they won. They all placed as I was in fourth most races. Not far behind, getting better, but thats the challenge. Have some serious tune ups to keep back end from just flying out, going uphill, no shift, no increase, just instant spin.

The others will probably remember which ones they won.
Justinp71
I remember I think I won the last two heats, I think racerx9146 won the rest...lol. There was one I was in the lead at the end, but spun in the last turn... gt GT914racer. btw... I'd like to be #22 if its not taken.

Also I was running on the xbox live free edition, which I believe is new. Anyone else doing the same? seemed to be worked fine once I figured out my headset.
poorsche914
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Mar 8 2011, 04:44 PM) *

I remember I think I won the last two heats, I think racerx9146 won the rest...lol. There was one I was in the lead at the end, but spun in the last turn... gt GT914racer. btw... I'd like to be #22 if its not taken.

Also I was running on the xbox live free edition, which I believe is new. Anyone else doing the same? seemed to be worked fine once I figured out my headset.

Never heard of "free edition". There Gold and Silver LIVE memberships. You need Gold to play online. If you signed up for the first time, could be you have a free month of Gold.

#22 is taken already. Here is the current list:

#1 Reserved for Season Defending Champion = MethodX
#2 racerx9146
#3 celluloid3
#6 mrc6freak
#7 stemisch
#8 megademonic
#9 underthetire
#13 CRAZYxNATHAN
#14 N0 FALSE G0DS
#22 SGT 242
#23 smook914
#24 Igor9146mfi
#38 JakeOdoule
#40 sonautoGT
#43 St33lerChief7
#66 method x
#69 mojorisen914
#71 GT914racer
#72 stepuptotheMike
#77 jcambo7
#79 torboman808
#191 prematuresquire
#447 gearhead1432
#618 perfectshot12
#666 shoutouthood

driving.gif
ONTHEGRIND
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Mar 7 2011, 06:44 PM) *

With all due respect, please start your own thread about iracing. We know that you prefer iracing. We happen to play FM3 on the Xbox. If you'd like to join us to blow us off the track, get yourself a compatible wheel and come on.

driving.gif

I never said I prefur I racing altough it probably is a much better racing sim.I have been looking to hooking up my xbox reason for posting a video of the logitech adapter i couldnt picture myself puching buttons on a racing game.. I went and bought a fanatec at fry's i will go pick up a copy of fm3..

Wheelsonly is my 360 name..
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(ONTHEGRIND @ Mar 8 2011, 02:39 PM) *

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Mar 7 2011, 06:44 PM) *

driving.gif

I never said I prefur I racing altough it probably is a much better racing sim.I have been looking to hooking up my xbox reason for posting a video of the logitech adapter i couldnt picture myself puching buttons on a racing game.. I went and bought a fanatec at fry's i will go pick up a copy of fm3..

Yeah, but the deal here is a bunch of us are racing 914s that we have designed and having fun racing each other. Many are using controlers to drive with. So unless you want to join us please leave iracing out of this.
poorsche914
QUOTE(ONTHEGRIND @ Mar 8 2011, 05:39 PM) *

I would probably agree iRacing is a "better" simracing game since it is geared toward hard core simracers. Forza, on the other hand, has to appeal to the casual gamer.
That being said, it is very good for what it is and the group that races on Sundays consists of a bunch of teeners who get a kick out of "racing" 914s for a fun time.

I will send you an FR and the D spec tune. Check the list of racers and #s a couple posts up and let me know what # you would like.

Here is info for the upcoming race on Sunday March 13th.

Olde Worlde Invasion - Part 2
• Camino Viejo de Montserrat Short Circuit - 7 laps, 3 heats
• Iberian Int Full Circuit - 7 laps, 3 heats
• Camino Viejo de Montserrat Extreme - 3 laps, 3 heats

The Olde Worlde Invasion continues with a quick trip to Camino Viejo de Montserrat for a run on the Short Circuit. From there we head to the Madrid region to run the Full Circuit at Iberian International. Then it is back to Camino Viejo de Montserrat to tackle the Extreme course. This last, rather long track will complete the second part of the Olde Worlde Invasion.

driving.gif
poorsche914
Some pictures from one of the Le Mans Bugatti races.

STARTING GRID
Click to view attachment

THIS IS ABOUT TO GET UGLY
Click to view attachment

ROUNDING A CURVE
Click to view attachment
Justinp71
Ok, I'll be 71.
Richard Casto
I love those photos. smile.gif
Haudiosolutions
I love the pic of my car up front considering that's were I spent the least time. heheh. Working on my tail happy car some today.
MrHyde
Hey Poorsche914 .. your latest list with the racing numbers doesnt have me on it... i'm #124
poorsche914
Sorry about that...

#1 Reserved for Season Defending Champion = MethodX
#2 racerx9146
#3 celluloid3
#6 mrc6freak
#7 stemisch
#8 megademonic
#9 underthetire
#13 CRAZYxNATHAN
#14 N0 FALSE G0DS
#22 SGT 242
#23 smook914
#24 Igor9146mfi
#33 sleazyD13
#38 JakeOdoule
#40 sonautoGT
#43 St33lerChief7
#66 method x
#69 mojorisen914
#71 GT914racer
#72 stepuptotheMike
#77 jcambo7
#79 torboman808
#124 hydeandseek79
#191 prematuresquire
#447 gearhead1432
#618 perfectshot12
#666 shoutouthood
MrHyde
No worries.. smile.gif
Haudiosolutions
I'm not on the list either but didn't want to say anything after my incident of using N0 False G0ds brakes to slow me down. hehehe I think I was just in a state of glee we made it through the first corner without a scrape. Besides pink on yellow didn't look good in the eighties and I should stop trying to mix them now.
poorsche914
You were on a previous list. I must've copied from an old list for the past couple posted here.
All fixed now smile.gif
Brent
icon_bump.gif
Smitty911
Another great night of Racing.

1. First Race - First Heat - we turned off Damage and everyone was able to drive though the car in front or besides them. Nice, who needs to stick to a line when the car in front becomes transparent.

We finished that one race and restarted with the correct setup. Lots of crashes this time. It VERY easy to go from 1st or 2nd due to crashes, spins, guard rails and everyones favorite - WALLS.

2. Very fast track that could hold your lines on, the time seems to be made up the most in Breaking in the turns. If someone went wide and had to break you could make up a ton of room as the power (155HP) is so low. Must learn not to break hard coming into turns.

3 Great track - Long with some very tight sections thrown in for good measure. GreenPee was fast and JuJu, when he wasn't running into people had the fastest lap on several tracks.

Had a blast as always. Good racing with everyone.

Steve, I might have to run with this crew for a while, no offense but we were dicing it up all night long between 5 of us. No one was really walking away from anyone else.

Later

Smitty911 - N0 FALSE G0DS
PeeGreen 914
beerchug.gif It was fun. That crash with Juju and I on the last track was awesome. I think it ended up involving everyone.
Brent
I have the last lap replay saved. I can snap a pic of it for you.
Smitty911
I think I missed that Crash, but some WALL ART might me nice. av-943.gif
MrHyde
I think that crash is where I went from 5th to 1st.. wink.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(Smitty911 @ Mar 13 2011, 10:23 PM) *
Steve, I might have to run with this crew for a while, no offense but we were dicing it up all night long between 5 of us. No one was really walking away from anyone else

No offense taken... that is EXACTLY the way it should be. So much more fun when there is some interaction going on.

Due to connection issues, MrHyde was unable to join us so we only had 4 racers til the last race when GT914racer joined in. We saw lots of crashing as well blink.gif
Jcambo and MethodX ended up with the fastest lap times. I will try to get some pictures posted later.

driving.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(Brent @ Mar 13 2011, 11:27 PM) *

I have the last lap replay saved. I can snap a pic of it for you.

Post the replay to your storefront so I can watch popcorn[1].gif
mojorisen914
Just for the record; I had been drinking some Margaritas and I disconnected the wire going to my brakes...lol.
I did notice I wasn't "mowing" that much grass last night...
It was some really great racing last night. I seem to brake hard going into corners; I'll need to work on that.

Does anyone have any pics of how they've intergrated their Xobx steering wheel assy with their seat out of their car? I want to come up with putting those together for race nights.
Looking forward to this coming Sunday again.
poorsche914
QUOTE(mojorisen914 @ Mar 14 2011, 10:36 AM) *
Does anyone have any pics of how they've intergrated their Xobx steering wheel assy with their seat out of their car? I want to come up with putting those together for race nights.

I have my wheel hooked up to a student desk (one of those basic build-it-yourself types) and, for a while, just set a 914 seat on an office chair. My pedals are up against the wall so they don't move around.

driving.gif
Smitty911
QUOTE(mojorisen914 @ Mar 14 2011, 08:36 AM) *

Just for the record; I had been drinking some Margaritas and I disconnected the wire going to my brakes...lol.
I did notice I wasn't "mowing" that much grass last night...
It was some really great racing last night. I seem to brake hard going into corners; I'll need to work on that.

Looks like Drinking and Driving don't mix even in the Virtual World. HAHA

Don't worry, you can use someone else Brakes.

If I didn't know better, I'd think you were getting a Kickback from a Body Shop or AA. lol-2.gif

Good times though, makes for better evening and better todo it here than on you "real" car.

FYI- My car is PINK so it stands out, I was thinking most people would see it before they hit it. cheer.gif cheer.gif
mojorisen914
QUOTE(Smitty911 @ Mar 14 2011, 12:10 PM) *

FYI- My car is PINK so it stands out, I was thinking most people would see it before they hit it. cheer.gif cheer.gif

Maybe it's like a magnet.....drawing me into it... av-943.gif

That sounds like a good place to start with the steering wheel.
jcambo7
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Mar 14 2011, 10:10 AM) *

Steve, I might have to run with this crew for a while, no offense but we were dicing it up all night long between 5 of us. No one was really walking away from anyone else

No offense taken... that is EXACTLY the way it should be. So much more fun when there is some interaction going on.

Due to connection issues, MrHyde was unable to join us so we only had 4 racers til the last race when GT914racer joined in. We saw lots of crashing as well blink.gif
Jcambo and MethodX ended up with the fastest lap times. I will try to get some pictures posted later.

driving.gif

Just wondering if you saved the replay to the last race we did on the Nurburgring where I got flipped by GT914racer. I was dumb and forgot to save it. headbang.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Mar 14 2011, 01:38 PM) *
Just wondering if you saved the replay to the last race we did on the Nurburgring where I got flipped by GT914racer. I was dumb and forgot to save it. headbang.gif

Yes, I did. I will post to my storefront later today.
I want to see your flip as well as my 914 hitting the berm and riding on two wheels for quite a distance - as MethodX passes me dry.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Mar 14 2011, 01:41 PM) *

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Mar 14 2011, 01:38 PM) *

Yes, I did. I will post to my storefront later today.
I want to see your flip as well as my 914 hitting the berm and riding on two wheels for quite a distance - as MethodX passes me dry.gif

piratenanner.gif Sweet. I can't wait to see my flip. It was crazy!
Justinp71
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Mar 14 2011, 11:38 AM) *

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Mar 14 2011, 10:10 AM) *

driving.gif

Yeah rear ending someone going 126 mph will make for quite a crash...lol. driving.gif
mojorisen914
It's just a flesh wound....
Brent
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Mar 14 2011, 07:39 AM) *

I have my wheel hooked up to a student desk (one of those basic build-it-yourself types) and, for a while, just set a 914 seat on an office chair. My pedals are up against the wall so they don't move around.

driving.gif

Mine looks just like these pics but diff color and th base is shaped like the Porsche emblem. Will take pics later today and show how it stores so well.
mojorisen914
QUOTE(Brent @ Mar 15 2011, 08:05 AM) *

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Mar 14 2011, 07:39 AM) *

driving.gif

Mine looks just like these pics but diff color and th base is shaped like the Porsche emblem. Will take pics later today and show how it stores so well.

Wow! I like that. aktion035.gif I can see me incorporating one of my old stock seats with that.
Brent
OK, Pics of mine. Close up of Foot pedal mount. Keeps the pedals extremely firm and the feet very comfortable on the pedals. Adjustments at base, and angle of the wheel. I now keep my knees close inside the side rails, so its important to keep the eye bots the correct length, as I have to look for shorter ones. I kept the base and the stabilizer rod unfinished. The pedal mount, rails and are all finished with clear on natural.
Brent
More...
Brent
close up, pedal mount, pedals in place. First pic of folded for storage.
Brent
standing up.
Brent
Can quickly disconnect the wheel and base for even tidier storage, but I never do. I also keep the base snug up to my table stand, and is rock solid. So easy to take the entire unit, plug in the power, press the controller Xbox button, and fire up Forza Motorsport 3, and finish last, hahahaha. I have no excuse with this setup, directly in front of my 55 inch 120 mhz Vizio, huh? At least I finished 2nd in one heat.
PeeGreen 914
So does the steering wheel make it any easier to play the game? I've always wanted to try it out but they are spendy for a good setup and I don't want to spend the money if the controler works just as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.