Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914's in the News, as of late October
flipb
post Oct 29 2009, 09:31 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,752
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Just for (IMG:style_emoticons/default/post-2-1117899824.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/post-2-1117899824.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/post-2-1117899824.gif) & (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif), I decided to do a Google News search for Porsche 914. Here are the findings.

A plethora of articles about the possibility of a new sub-Boxster entry-level Porsche. For what it's worth, I'm praying that it happens and that they call it a 914. It'll do wonders for the value of ours. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Boston Globe article about Ken Hull racing his '72 914/6. Is he a member of the board here?

The NY Times, of all places, compared the styling of the Smart Fortwo Roadster with our most beloved mid-engined model in an article about Smart owners' clubs in Europe. ("The Smart Roadster is not as cute as the Fortwo, but it is ruggedly functional-looking in the manner of a Porsche 914 or first-generation Toyota MR2.")

MIT's BEV 914 made an appearance at my former office. (really)

And another BEV 914 conversion is slated to appear at an electric car rally in North Carolina.

If people find this sort of thing valuable, I'll be happy to post a summary of news items every few weeks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ChrisFoley
post Oct 29 2009, 12:15 PM
Post #2

I am Tangerine Racing

Group: Members
Member No.: 209
Region Association: None

QUOTE(flipb @ Oct 29 2009, 10:31 AM) *

I don't think "Skipper" Hull is a member. I saw him at NHMS in September.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 12:36 AM