Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> porsche 911 lite yellow color close to a 74 914yellow?
wayne1234
post Nov 3 2009, 06:17 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,238
Region Association: None

about ready to paint up the engine bay... The rust is gone and there is all new metal in there thirsty for paint... previous owner used some sort of spray bomb black on trunks and engine bay.. The car was originally some sort of bright yellow I'm not looking for an exact match because I'm not doing a factory perfect restoration just something street wise... where is the original paint code? ... the outer body was painted "new beetle" yellow a few years ago and is not a very good paint job, I am going to do a complete paint job but want to stay in the yellow family kinda a vintage yellow if possible... my local Carquest list a "lite yellow for 70-77 Porsche code is 117... it is available readily available and in single stage for the trunks and engine compartment ease... I know it isnt as good as a base clear butr lets be realistic this car wont be in the elements like most everyday cars. So I think I'll be fine with single stage... have doan a fair amount of paint work in the past but its been a couple of years, I last worked on out 03 explorer when there was rear damage... so how close is the lite yellow porsche yellow or any one have any pics? or suggestions?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Nov 3 2009, 06:25 PM
Post #2

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(wayne1234 @ Nov 3 2009, 04:17 PM) *

where is the original paint code?

How to find your paint code:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/sources/actio..._helppaint.html

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif) Andy
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 07:19 AM