Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: porsche 911 lite yellow color close to a 74 914yellow?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wayne1234
about ready to paint up the engine bay... The rust is gone and there is all new metal in there thirsty for paint... previous owner used some sort of spray bomb black on trunks and engine bay.. The car was originally some sort of bright yellow I'm not looking for an exact match because I'm not doing a factory perfect restoration just something street wise... where is the original paint code? ... the outer body was painted "new beetle" yellow a few years ago and is not a very good paint job, I am going to do a complete paint job but want to stay in the yellow family kinda a vintage yellow if possible... my local Carquest list a "lite yellow for 70-77 Porsche code is 117... it is available readily available and in single stage for the trunks and engine compartment ease... I know it isnt as good as a base clear butr lets be realistic this car wont be in the elements like most everyday cars. So I think I'll be fine with single stage... have doan a fair amount of paint work in the past but its been a couple of years, I last worked on out 03 explorer when there was rear damage... so how close is the lite yellow porsche yellow or any one have any pics? or suggestions?
SirAndy
QUOTE(wayne1234 @ Nov 3 2009, 04:17 PM) *

where is the original paint code?

How to find your paint code:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/sources/actio..._helppaint.html

shades.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.