Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sell Saratoga top separately? or keep with original, one owner car?
JF914
post Nov 4 2009, 09:59 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,786
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I have a one-owner, '73 2.0L Alaskan Blue. Near mint condition. It has a Saratoga top in addition to the stock Targa. I really enjoy it, in fact, have the Saratoga on most of the time.

Question. As is my normal mode, I will probably sell the car after I make some minor weaks/upgrades, and move to something else. Is it better to try to sell the
Saratoga top separately as they go for $1500 - $2000, or keep with the car and shoot for a bit higher sell price on the '73? (thinking $12,500 with top, $11,000 ish without).

Just curious. But truthfully, would not let the Saratoga go for cheap as its rare, and really a nice option to enjoy.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Nov 4 2009, 10:21 AM
Post #2

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110

Purely logical standpoint - Separate. You'll get a lot more money that way.
+Quote Post
Rod
post Nov 4 2009, 10:23 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,526
Region Association: England

Sell it to me! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Jump on a plane, come for a holiday to the UK and I'll give you a brown envelope full of greeens ala secret service at the airport. I could even turn up in the 914 with the roof off so it can slot straight into place..

Go on, you know you want too!
+Quote Post
flipb
post Nov 4 2009, 10:26 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 10,752
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(JF914 @ Nov 4 2009, 10:59 AM) *

I have a one-owner, '73 2.0L Alaskan Blue. Near mint condition. It has a Saratoga top in addition to the stock Targa. I really enjoy it, in fact, have the Saratoga on most of the time.

Question. As is my normal mode, I will probably sell the car after I make some minor weaks/upgrades, and move to something else. Is it better to try to sell the
Saratoga top separately as they go for $1500 - $2000, or keep with the car and shoot for a bit higher sell price on the '73? (thinking $12,500 with top, $11,000 ish without).

Just curious. But truthfully, would not let the Saratoga go for cheap as its rare, and really a nice option to enjoy.

Your normal mode takes 36 years to make some minor tweaks/upgrades, then move on? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol3.gif)
+Quote Post
IronHillRestorations
post Nov 4 2009, 02:31 PM
Post #5

I. I. R. C.

Member No.: 439
Region Association: None

Sell separate. The Saratoga top is worth more separately than as a option.
+Quote Post
JF914
post Nov 4 2009, 04:49 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(flipb @ Nov 4 2009, 09:26 AM) *

QUOTE(JF914 @ Nov 4 2009, 10:59 AM) *

Your normal mode takes 36 years to make some minor tweaks/upgrades, then move on? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol3.gif)

Thanks for the poke. For clarity (although I am guessing that you already figured this out), I PURCHASED a one owner car....which I now own. :-)

So, now...your opinion on the original question?

+Quote Post
JF914
post Nov 4 2009, 04:51 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(Rod @ Nov 4 2009, 09:23 AM) *

Sell it to me! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Jump on a plane, come for a holiday to the UK and I'll give you a brown envelope full of greeens ala secret service at the airport. I could even turn up in the 914 with the roof off so it can slot straight into place..

Go on, you know you want too!

It would be nice to have for those ever so frequent sunny days in the UK !!

+Quote Post
oldschool
post Nov 4 2009, 04:57 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,705
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(JF914 @ Nov 4 2009, 07:59 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 12:25 PM