Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sell Saratoga top separately? or keep with original, one owner car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JF914
I have a one-owner, '73 2.0L Alaskan Blue. Near mint condition. It has a Saratoga top in addition to the stock Targa. I really enjoy it, in fact, have the Saratoga on most of the time.

Question. As is my normal mode, I will probably sell the car after I make some minor weaks/upgrades, and move to something else. Is it better to try to sell the
Saratoga top separately as they go for $1500 - $2000, or keep with the car and shoot for a bit higher sell price on the '73? (thinking $12,500 with top, $11,000 ish without).

Just curious. But truthfully, would not let the Saratoga go for cheap as its rare, and really a nice option to enjoy.
Eric_Shea
Purely logical standpoint - Separate. You'll get a lot more money that way.
Rod
Sell it to me! beerchug.gif

Jump on a plane, come for a holiday to the UK and I'll give you a brown envelope full of greeens ala secret service at the airport. I could even turn up in the 914 with the roof off so it can slot straight into place..

Go on, you know you want too!
flipb
QUOTE(JF914 @ Nov 4 2009, 10:59 AM) *

I have a one-owner, '73 2.0L Alaskan Blue. Near mint condition. It has a Saratoga top in addition to the stock Targa. I really enjoy it, in fact, have the Saratoga on most of the time.

Question. As is my normal mode, I will probably sell the car after I make some minor weaks/upgrades, and move to something else. Is it better to try to sell the
Saratoga top separately as they go for $1500 - $2000, or keep with the car and shoot for a bit higher sell price on the '73? (thinking $12,500 with top, $11,000 ish without).

Just curious. But truthfully, would not let the Saratoga go for cheap as its rare, and really a nice option to enjoy.

Your normal mode takes 36 years to make some minor tweaks/upgrades, then move on? poke.gif

lol3.gif
IronHillRestorations
Sell separate. The Saratoga top is worth more separately than as a option.
JF914
QUOTE(flipb @ Nov 4 2009, 09:26 AM) *

QUOTE(JF914 @ Nov 4 2009, 10:59 AM) *

Your normal mode takes 36 years to make some minor tweaks/upgrades, then move on? poke.gif

lol3.gif

Thanks for the poke. For clarity (although I am guessing that you already figured this out), I PURCHASED a one owner car....which I now own. :-)

So, now...your opinion on the original question?

JF914
QUOTE(Rod @ Nov 4 2009, 09:23 AM) *

Sell it to me! beerchug.gif

Jump on a plane, come for a holiday to the UK and I'll give you a brown envelope full of greeens ala secret service at the airport. I could even turn up in the 914 with the roof off so it can slot straight into place..

Go on, you know you want too!

It would be nice to have for those ever so frequent sunny days in the UK !!

oldschool
QUOTE(JF914 @ Nov 4 2009, 07:59 AM) *

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.