Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> oil leak around head and case do I use gaskets or not
wayne1234
post Nov 6 2009, 01:04 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,238
Region Association: None

Ok I did a search and got mixed reviews... decided while the engine was out for the hell hole repair which is finished I would take car of the oil leaks.. a Little back ground is that I CAN NOT trust what the PO.did. He said the engine was just rebuilt it is a 2.0 with 1.7 heads. there was a firly large leak at the push rod tubes where the seals were cut by a rough opening in the push tube holes in the head .. I got that all cleaned up with a brake hone and it is silky smooth, but it looks like thert is a slight leak at the jugs to the case and maybe at the head , but its hard to tell since ther was oil everywhere. should there be head and base gaskets or not? if there arent any now and it is leaking is it from improper torque? I'm going to pull the heads to take a look any ways but I"m wondering Should I use base and head gaskets or not? if nothing is ther a "dressing " I should use ... This is my first time tearing into a type 4 , but not my first engine Thansk for the imnput
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 12:43 AM