Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WTB Need this small spacer (adaptor), Goes between head and cht
gasman
post Nov 10 2009, 06:53 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,602
Region Association: South East States

Here is the internet explenation of what this "spacer" does. Can't find it new. My 76 came with it for a reason....since I stripped mine, I'm looking for another....maybe still stuck on one of the heads laying around somewhere

Workarounds:
Recently I came across a section in the ProTraining manual that said, "A temperature spacer 022 133 079 is available for cars which run well on initial start-up and when fully warm, but have performance problems only during warm-up. This spacer does not affect the resistance values when the engine is cold or when it is fully warm, but it does delay the change in resistance during warm-up, The spacer temporarily insulates the temperature sensor housing from the heat of the cylinder head".

This is a common problem and I've experienced it myself. When I researched the issue I found no information only stories from other owners with the same issue. It seems many are content to suffer through the warm-up until the bus is at operating temperature when it seems to operate correctly.

I always wondered what item #14 was in the fiche alongside the temp sensor (item #41) and it appears to be this spacer. When I get my hands on one I'll try it out. The aircooled Vanagon CV engine has no such spacer available but the parts diagram for the FI Superbeetle does.

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 06:15 AM