Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need help with ground control coilover kit, searched forum but can't find answers
vintage914racer
post Nov 17 2009, 08:51 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,473

Good morning. I'm having problems getting my questions answered so I figured I would post it here.

As anticipated my ground control coilover kit arrived today and I have questions listed below.

1. The hole in the upper spring perch is not large enough for the top of the shock. Can I simply drill the hole out or should I complain to ground control? I'm anxious to get these installed on the car, but realistically I won't be able to do anything with the car until next spring anyway

2. At what notch should I put the circlip on my Bilstein sports? In the past I've read to put it on the second notch, does this seem correct

I'm having a problem posting pictures.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Nov 17 2009, 11:46 AM
Post #2

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

I'm confused.

Do you mean the threaded collar does not slide over the shock? They come in different sizes for different brands of shocks.

Or are you talking about the top piece that goes on top of the spring?

I have a ground control kit with Koni shocks and everything was a good, tight fit.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) Andy
+Quote Post
vintage914racer
post Nov 17 2009, 02:46 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,473

The threaded collar fits fine. I am having issues with the top hat that goes on top of the spring. There is a stepped hole for the very top of shock that is not large enough. I already called GC and they were a bit confused. I'm sending them detailed pictures to better explain the issue.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 06:51 AM