Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> '70 wiring questions, high beams go on with fog light switch
tradisrad
post Nov 22 2009, 07:05 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,815
Region Association: Northern California

I've got a wiring issue I can't seems to figure out.
Here is my issue:
1. When my low beams are on and I turn on my fog lights my high beams go on along with the low beams and my fog lights and the dash high beam indicator.

My headlights seem to function normally when I don't turn on the fog lights i.e. high and low work seperately and high beam indicator functions with high beams

2. When I turn on my running lights and my fog lights (fogs on) my high beams turn on even though the head lights are still in the down position; high beam indicator is on. Head lights, high beam indicator and fogs go out when I turn off the fog light switch and running lights stay on.

3. In addition my headlights turn on w/o the ignition switch being on. Is this normal for a '70?

I've been driving a '73 for the last 15 years so this '70 stuff is a bit "new" to me.

My first thought is the combo relay is faulty, but I don't have a spare to swap out.
I've checked the wiring to my light switch, to the fog switch and to the combo switch and I can't find any obvious faults all wires jive with the "up to '71" wiring diagram. I swaped out the fog light relay and had no results.

Any thoguht would be appreciated.
thanks
-Rob
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
tradisrad   '70 wiring questions   Nov 22 2009, 07:05 PM
tradisrad   bump. no ideas?   Nov 23 2009, 08:05 AM
904svo   Sounds like somebody rewired the Blue/white wires ...   Nov 23 2009, 08:15 AM
Rav914   For my '70 I rewired the highbeams to their ow...   Nov 23 2009, 02:06 PM
Rav914   Here's the thread. Hopefully it will apply to...   Nov 23 2009, 02:10 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 03:27 AM