Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The Lee Cyr 914 Memorial Build Off Classic! BUTTERCUP IS RUNNING, THANK YOU 914WORLD YOU ALL ARE THE BEST! VIDEO POSTED!
rick 918-S
post Nov 26 2009, 11:26 AM
Post #1

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Group: Members
Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

It's HERE! This is the announcement for the launch of "The Lee Cyr 914 Memorial Build Off Classic" Yep, No acronym for that one. The event title is a mouth full but it's a special event.

In case you have been under a rock or without the 914world in your life for the last several months Lee Cyr (Sear) was the brother of Mary Shortridge and a 914 enthusiust. Lee was invloved in a fatal automobile accident last December. Marys family decided to restore Lees 914 and keep it in the family in his memory.

Many of us wanted to help Mary and her family complete the work on Lees car. Parts donations have been pouring in from all corners of the 914World.

Now is the time to take this generosity to the next level. A small band of 914 Brothers have been working behind the scenes to take your efforts to the next level.

This is an opportunity for all you 914World members to really show your stuff. This World event is being held in Garden City Kansas February 19-21, 2010! There will be one special 914 there so no need for you all to bring your own.

We have an unbelievable location for the build off. A 3000 sq. play house owned by a car guy. It has a full work shop, kitchenette, and showroom.

The event starts Friday as soon as you can arrive! The usual meet and greet will take place on into the wee hours.

Some of the build off will likely start Friday night. The more we get done Friday the sooner we will accomplish our goal which is to have Buttercup completed by Sunday morning.

We have other events planned throughout the day so don't worry about being bored.

Event Location:

Garden City, Kansas

When:

The event actually takes place on two different dates. So there is plenty of opportunity for everyone to contribute. Starting the weeekend of Friday January 29th we want to send in a recon team to move the car from it's present location at the body shop with all the parts and pieces to the Build Off location. Once there we will have tables set up to set out parts and organize them in groups for the build. This will involve completing an inventory to be sure the Build Off event can be completed in February. This will be the least glamorous but most important part of the event. If you can't make the February Build Off and would still like to contribute contact Rick via PM.

The Main Event!:

The meet and greet starts as soon as we arrive Friday February 19 at one of the coolest man caves you will ever witness in person. (see the photos)

Purpose of the event:

To support Mary Shortridge and her family and help complete the work they started. We will likely start assembling this special car Friday night to get a jump on Saturday's Build Off. The goal is to have a Running and driving car in 24 hours.

Hotel Info:

Clarion
Amro Samy, manager/Owner
1911 E Kansas Ave , Garden City, KS, US, 67846
Phone: (620) 275-7471
$75 + tax for room with 2 queen beds (Normally $109+)

Free Airport Transportation and maybe to/from Luke's from the hotel
Free Breakfast
2 Free Drink Coupons
Free Soup/Salad each evening
On-site Restaurant and Bar

We are checking to see if we have to ask for the special rate by name.

Event sign up:

Our own Mike Moorman (Kansas 914) and Wayne Fry (Tat2dphreak) are just completing an online form for your convience. It will be up and running tomorrow and posted here.

Event Cost:

First, there are two ways to support this event and see to it that the costs are covered. If you can't attend but still want to be part of this World event you can simply support the event by donation. We are doing this because of the short lead time to get this up and running. Donations can be made by Paypal to: edwardblume@gmail.com managed by Rob Ways (RobW), or by check / mail to Mike Moorman (Kansas 914). See this post for more info: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=101613

Second, The event itself will have an entry fee of $35 which will include a tribute T-shirt, games, and other extras. Additionally, T-shirts will be available for non-attendees for a short time period for $25. Please be patient the online form is nearing completion. Again, all proceeds above the costs of the event will go to Lee's passion, NET radio.

This is a winter event. If your car is on jack stands it doesn't matter. This is your change to get in the daily driver and come out to support a great cause and meet some of the people you chat with on line everyday. Let's make this a big success!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
48 Pages V « < 40 41 42 43 44 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(820 - 839)
Root_Werks
post Apr 5 2010, 10:51 AM
Post #821

Village Idiot

Member No.: 2,105
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

This truly is a great thread to read.

I agree with what has already been said, new seals are likely pushing your top up a little too far.

That said, be carefull to have all new seals lined up before squishing them into a locked position. If not, it's a quick way to deform new seals not having them settled correctly.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Mary Shortridge
post Apr 11 2010, 03:54 PM
Post #822

Member No.: 10,616
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I am SOOOOOOOOO pumped! Dwayne got the new turn signal switch and wiper switch installed this afternoon, after some intense modification. He had to swipe the plastic wire housing from the old switches and throw away the new. (They were too big to fit inside the column) Anyway, he also determined that my headlight switch is spastic, and that was causing some funky lighting issues. Long story short........I HAVE TURN SIGNALS! AND A HORN! AND WIPERS! (And rain-x (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) )
Got the rockers screwed down completely while Buttercup was on the lift. Lots of other little squawks fixed, too. Still need to chase down the alternator issue, but in the meantime she just goes on the charger occassionally. THIS IS TOO FUN!
We are off for a Sunday afternoon drive, and a photo session, maybe.
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Apr 11 2010, 03:57 PM
Post #823

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ Apr 11 2010, 02:54 PM) *

I am SOOOOOOOOO pumped! Dwayne got the new turn signal switch and wiper switch installed this afternoon, after some intense modification. He had to swipe the plastic wire housing from the old switches and throw away the new. (They were too big to fit inside the column) Anyway, he also determined that my headlight switch is spastic, and that was causing some funky lighting issues. Long story short........I HAVE TURN SIGNALS! AND A HORN! AND WIPERS! (And rain-x (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) )
Got the rockers screwed down completely while Buttercup was on the lift. Lots of other little squawks fixed, too. Still need to chase down the alternator issue, but in the meantime she just goes on the charger occassionally. THIS IS TOO FUN!
We are off for a Sunday afternoon drive, and a photo session, maybe.

Good to know you are chasing the rebuild gremlins... have a nice Sunday drive!
+Quote Post
tat2dphreak
post Apr 11 2010, 05:06 PM
Post #824

stoya, stoya, stoya

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 792
Region Association: Southwest Region

the little things to fix are the fun part of ownership, as long as you can balance them with driving, of course (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Mary Shortridge
post May 19 2010, 05:25 PM
Post #825

Another bright spot in Buttercup's life was Elissa's visit home this week. She hasn't seen Buttercup since the build, or gone for a ride in her! Unfortunately it has been rainy and ugly today for pictures, so we didn't venture far and were cut short by showers. We had the top off! Couldn't wait to share some photos, and the news that Elissa actually got to drive her, with only one lesson on a standard transmission she did really well! It was such fun--- Thanks so much to all of you!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
Kansas 914
post May 19 2010, 05:28 PM
Post #826

Advanced Member

Member No.: 373

QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ May 19 2010, 05:25 PM) *

Another bright spot in Buttercup's life was Elissa's visit home this week. She hasn't seen Buttercup since the build, or gone for a ride in her! Unfortunately it has been rainy and ugly today for pictures, so we didn't venture far and were cut short by showers. We had the top off! Couldn't wait to share some photos, and the news that Elissa actually got to drive her, with only one lesson on a standard transmission she did really well! It was such fun--- Thanks so much to all of you!

WOW! - That sums it all up for me - this is what is all about.

So was that her college graduation present?!?! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Mary Shortridge
post May 19 2010, 05:31 PM
Post #827

No.................shame on you!
+Quote Post
Kansas 914
post May 19 2010, 05:33 PM
Post #828

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ May 19 2010, 05:31 PM) *

No.................shame on you!

I knew that would get you going!
+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post May 19 2010, 10:01 PM
Post #829

on ramp passer

Member No.: 8,354
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ May 19 2010, 06:25 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post May 20 2010, 06:42 AM
Post #830

Hey nice rack! -Celette

That's great! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)
+Quote Post
OneOfThemNARPGuys
post May 20 2010, 07:31 AM
Post #831

Member No.: 11,739
Region Association: Middle East

Will Buttercup be present at Red Rocks this year Mary?
+Quote Post
Mary Shortridge
post May 20 2010, 09:04 AM
Post #832

QUOTE(OneOfThemNARPGuys @ May 20 2010, 08:31 AM) *

Unfortunately we can't make it this year, as we have a Cyr family reunion at that time. (It has been YEARS since this tiny group got together...and I am taking dad.) We'll make sure to have it on our calendar for next year, though! Thanks for thinking of us.... can't wait to show you Buttercup!
+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post May 20 2010, 10:09 PM
Post #833

on ramp passer

You could always join Buttercup at the MUSR 11 on The Tail of the Dragon in October! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post May 21 2010, 11:04 AM
Post #834

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ May 20 2010, 11:09 PM) *

You could always join Buttercup at the MUSR 11 on The Tail of the Dragon in October! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

Naaa.. he won't. He is one of the cali wussies who think that driving from LA to San Deigo is waaaaaaaayyyyy toooooooooo farrrrrrrr! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

+Quote Post
Mary Shortridge
post May 21 2010, 02:51 PM
Post #835

Carrie and Allen Sweet came thru GC today on their way to Doc Evil's transmission clinic in Denver. It was so fun to show them a running Buttercup! They even drove her, and made me a squawk list to add to my "to do" list. They assure me I have nothing wrong that is harmful, so I am pumped! I then took Buttercup out to the bodyshop so Rudy (and his friend Junior in photo) could have an up close look at the "finished" car! Buttercup made her own sunshine today!!!!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
Kansas 914
post May 21 2010, 02:56 PM
Post #836

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ May 21 2010, 02:51 PM) *

Carrie and Allen Sweet came thru GC today on their way to Doc Evil's transmission clinic in Denver. It was so fun to show them a running Buttercup! They even drove her, and made me a squawk list to add to my "to do" list. They assure me I have nothing wrong that is harmful, so I am pumped! I then took Buttercup out to the bodyshop so Rudy (and his friend Junior in photo) could have an up close look at the "finished" car! Buttercup made her own sunshine today!!!!

I am so glad that they got to see the finished car up close and personal! I am also glad you finally got some sun.

The car looks great!
+Quote Post
Mary Shortridge
post May 21 2010, 03:00 PM
Post #837

You need to come drive her! I won't make you take the top off..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Kansas 914
post May 21 2010, 03:13 PM
Post #838

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ May 21 2010, 03:00 PM) *

You need to come drive her! I won't make you take the top off..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I wouldn't want to mess up my hair after all......
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post May 21 2010, 07:11 PM
Post #839

Hey nice rack! -Celette

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post May 22 2010, 01:21 AM
Post #840

on ramp passer

QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ May 19 2010, 06:25 PM) *

Are those yellow shoes Lizard is wearing? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post

48 Pages V « < 40 41 42 43 44 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 10:26 PM