Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Lee Cyr 914 Memorial Build Off Classic! BUTTERCUP IS RUNNING
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
rick 918-S
It's HERE! This is the announcement for the launch of "The Lee Cyr 914 Memorial Build Off Classic" Yep, No acronym for that one. The event title is a mouth full but it's a special event.

In case you have been under a rock or without the 914world in your life for the last several months Lee Cyr (Sear) was the brother of Mary Shortridge and a 914 enthusiust. Lee was invloved in a fatal automobile accident last December. Marys family decided to restore Lees 914 and keep it in the family in his memory.

Many of us wanted to help Mary and her family complete the work on Lees car. Parts donations have been pouring in from all corners of the 914World.

Now is the time to take this generosity to the next level. A small band of 914 Brothers have been working behind the scenes to take your efforts to the next level.

This is an opportunity for all you 914World members to really show your stuff. This World event is being held in Garden City Kansas February 19-21, 2010! There will be one special 914 there so no need for you all to bring your own.

We have an unbelievable location for the build off. A 3000 sq. play house owned by a car guy. It has a full work shop, kitchenette, and showroom.

The event starts Friday as soon as you can arrive! The usual meet and greet will take place on into the wee hours.

Some of the build off will likely start Friday night. The more we get done Friday the sooner we will accomplish our goal which is to have Buttercup completed by Sunday morning.

We have other events planned throughout the day so don't worry about being bored.

Event Location:

Garden City, Kansas

When:

The event actually takes place on two different dates. So there is plenty of opportunity for everyone to contribute. Starting the weeekend of Friday January 29th we want to send in a recon team to move the car from it's present location at the body shop with all the parts and pieces to the Build Off location. Once there we will have tables set up to set out parts and organize them in groups for the build. This will involve completing an inventory to be sure the Build Off event can be completed in February. This will be the least glamorous but most important part of the event. If you can't make the February Build Off and would still like to contribute contact Rick via PM.

The Main Event!:

The meet and greet starts as soon as we arrive Friday February 19 at one of the coolest man caves you will ever witness in person. (see the photos)

Purpose of the event:

To support Mary Shortridge and her family and help complete the work they started. We will likely start assembling this special car Friday night to get a jump on Saturday's Build Off. The goal is to have a Running and driving car in 24 hours.

Hotel Info:

Clarion
Amro Samy, manager/Owner
1911 E Kansas Ave , Garden City, KS, US, 67846
Phone: (620) 275-7471
$75 + tax for room with 2 queen beds (Normally $109+)

Free Airport Transportation and maybe to/from Luke's from the hotel
Free Breakfast
2 Free Drink Coupons
Free Soup/Salad each evening
On-site Restaurant and Bar

We are checking to see if we have to ask for the special rate by name.

Event sign up:

Our own Mike Moorman (Kansas 914) and Wayne Fry (Tat2dphreak) are just completing an online form for your convience. It will be up and running tomorrow and posted here.

Event Cost:

First, there are two ways to support this event and see to it that the costs are covered. If you can't attend but still want to be part of this World event you can simply support the event by donation. We are doing this because of the short lead time to get this up and running. Donations can be made by Paypal to: edwardblume@gmail.com managed by Rob Ways (RobW), or by check / mail to Mike Moorman (Kansas 914). See this post for more info: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=101613

Second, The event itself will have an entry fee of $35 which will include a tribute T-shirt, games, and other extras. Additionally, T-shirts will be available for non-attendees for a short time period for $25. Please be patient the online form is nearing completion. Again, all proceeds above the costs of the event will go to Lee's passion, NET radio.

This is a winter event. If your car is on jack stands it doesn't matter. This is your change to get in the daily driver and come out to support a great cause and meet some of the people you chat with on line everyday. Let's make this a big success!
Sleepin
I am very excited for this! 550 miles for me, I am really hoping I can make it!
rick 918-S
Hey Eric! If it helps.... Corona Extra! biggrin.gif
r_towle
hmmmmm
I wonder how far that is from me....hmmm
Or
Southwest airlines...

I suppose that there will be coffee, right?
How about tools?
If I fly in...no tools...If I drive, I will load up the box.

Just looked...laugh.gif I will fly.

Rich
rick 918-S
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 26 2009, 06:31 PM) *

hmmmmm
Or
Southwest airlines...

How about tools?

Rich

C-O-O-L! We will have tools and coffee and food and friends! More to come. The online sign up will be ready tomorrow. aktion035.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 26 2009, 08:31 PM) *

hmmmmm
Or
Southwest airlines...

How about tools?

Rich

Rich - that would be awesome - we will have tools - and coffee - might could use that Bosch FI tester!!??
r_towle
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Nov 26 2009, 11:07 PM) *

hmmmmm
Or
Southwest airlines...

How about tools?

Rich

Rich - that would be awesome - we will have tools - and coffee - might could use that Bosch FI tester!!??

We wont need it....just an analog ohm/volt meter.
I will do the build....please try and make sure there is some QC on the parts so we dont need to do an emergency hunt for an MPS or something simple like that...

I am thinking that maybe I will UPS a box of spares ahead of me....just in case.
Rich
Rich
Dr Evil
It looks like I can make this smile.gif The OH thing has become flexible with the scheduling.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 26 2009, 10:25 PM) *

It looks like I can make this smile.gif The OH thing has become flexible with the scheduling.

Sorry your Ohio clinic might not happen - GLAD you might make another trip to Kansas!
Dr Evil
Ohio will happen, with World members smile.gif Just not on that date wink.gif
r_towle
Rick
bootyshake.gif gayfight.gif slap.gif

Dr Evil.
Road trip? My Eurovan might be the weapon of choice...

Rich
Dr Evil
I am HOPING that my bus will be ready. I just looked and if i can do the OH clinic right before this, it is about 15 hrs from Cinci or Dayton which is doable. However, I like flying and not having to drive back. I am not against a road trip, though. There is time to scheme.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 26 2009, 08:14 PM) *

QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Nov 26 2009, 11:07 PM) *

hmmmmm
Or
Southwest airlines...

How about tools?

Rich

I will do the build....please try and make sure there is some QC on the parts so we dont need to do an emergency hunt for an MPS or something simple like that...

I am thinking that maybe I will UPS a box of spares ahead of me....just in case.
Rich
Rich

Rich,

Mark the box Spare prst for the Build Off and send it to:

Buttercup 914
c/o Mary Shortridge
105 Drury Lane
Garden City, KS 67846

This event is going to be like no other!
r_towle
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 26 2009, 11:49 PM) *

I am HOPING that my bus will be ready. I just looked and if i can do the OH clinic right before this, it is about 15 hrs from Cinci or Dayton which is doable. However, I like flying and not having to drive back. I am not against a road trip, though. There is time to scheme.

The Eurovan has heat...and a bed...
Real heat BTW....laugh.gif

Get Zach to come also...

Rich
Dr Evil
Mine will have an Eberspacher wink.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 26 2009, 08:56 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 26 2009, 11:49 PM) *

The Eurovan has heat...and a bed...
Real heat BTW....laugh.gif

Get Zach to come also...

Rich

aktion035.gif agree.gif beerchug.gif All three of you! You can tag team the driving.

EDIT: Zach has school doesn't he?
Sleepin
Sweet! It is now officially on my Chippendales Calendar in Sharpie! lol-2.gif
Dr Evil
I am not getting the gay references confused24.gif

There is no way that Zach will make it. He is too busy on top of being busy wink.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 26 2009, 09:21 PM) *

I am not getting the gay references confused24.gif

There is no way that Zach will make it. He is too busy on top of being busy wink.gif

Me either... confused24.gif Could be cause my buddy Ed will be there. beerchug.gif Me and Ed try to make all these events and some guy's are just jealous. shades.gif
Gint
Saw your PM reply Rick. Provided my job situation will allow it, I'd like to attend in January and help with that effort. Maybe we can make some fun out of that too!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Gint @ Nov 26 2009, 09:49 PM) *

Saw your PM reply Rick. Provided my job situation will allow it, I'd like to attend in January and help with that effort. Maybe we can make some fun out of that too!

Thanks Great! Without the recon mission in January the Build Off will not be possible.

So far the Recon team consists of Me and Mike Moorman now possibly Mike Ginter.

I have a couple MN guys I am going to call on personally to see if I can enlist them and get a tag team driving crew for the trip. So with some luck we will have a couple more guys.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 26 2009, 11:54 PM) *

QUOTE(Gint @ Nov 26 2009, 09:49 PM) *

Thanks Great! Without the recon mission in January the Build Off will not be possible.

So far the Recon team consists of Me and Mike Moorman now possibly Mike Ginter.

I have started a "RECON TEAM" webpage to keep track on the attendees for the January Build prep trip. I will do the same for the actual BUILD EVENT as the registration forms. I will also put this link in my signature.

Here it is: RECON TEAM
Kansas 914

Rich

Analog?? confused24.gif What's that? smile.gif

I used to have a Simpson 260 here - I will have to dig for it - digital is all I have around for my use - but I will get an analog. Sometimes nothing works like an analog VOM
Kansas 914
Here is a link to the attendee event sign up form:

CLICK HERE: Lee Cyr Memorial Build Sign Up Form

You can sign up for either the initial reconnaissance/setup weekend or the offical build weekend - OR BOTH.

This link will also appear in my signature.
Dr Evil
Logged in, and paid for the Feb build weekend.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 27 2009, 12:34 PM) *

Logged in, and paid for the Feb build weekend.

Thanks a million!

I got the confirmation of your submission- it was the first one! smilie_pokal.gif

The form wasn't live but a few minutes - you're fast!
rick 918-S
Cool! the entry form is live! aktion035.gif I am waiting for the graphics for the t shirts. I have a member here working on a design. I have another member lined up to do the screen printing for us. We should be in good shape by Monday.

I have another announcement for tomorrow!
Sleepin
Registered. I can't miss this one!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Nov 27 2009, 11:49 PM) *

Registered. I can't miss this one!

Eric,

The registration form has been received - thanks so much for helping make this possible.
rick 918-S

check your calendars people. Two chances to get involved and do a good thing.
r_towle
What is the exciting announcement?
rick 918-S
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 28 2009, 07:43 AM) *

What is the exciting announcement?

happy11.gif Ok, You got me! I spoke with Joe Sharp on the phone. He is going to send a couple RC 914's. One of his 914's has a modified motor and is very fast.

We will have a slalom competion set up. This should be a hoot! driving.gif lol-2.gif
VaccaRabite
I *really* would like to be able to come to this, but there is no way. I am 4 classes from being done, and then I can be social again. My only real car related getaway before September of 2010 is going to be Hershey - and that will be heavily dependent on workload.

Mike and I were talking about this event today while we worked on various projects. Its going to be pretty damn cool.

IF I find that my classes are easy, I may try and go, but right now I just don't think its going to happen.

Zach
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Nov 28 2009, 04:48 PM) *

I *really* would like to be able to come to this, but there is no way. I am 4 classes from being done, and then I can be social again. My only real car related getaway before September of 2010 is going to be Hershey - and that will be heavily dependent on workload.

Mike and I were talking about this event today while we worked on various projects. Its going to be pretty damn cool.

IF I find that my classes are easy, I may try and go, but right now I just don't think its going to happen.

Zach

Sandy's Masters program is online. We had a power inverter in the Alien assimilate.gif when we went to Hershey. She worked in the car and used her air card to post

Pay attension to your classes Zach, We'll see you on the other side. type.gif
EdwardBlume
No worries. I helped with a Boxster Spec build while I was in grad school.. but I understand completely the time pressure. This thing is going to be so cool though, I'm trying to find a way out to Kansas from Cali.. I hear Kansas has really good people there...
rick 918-S
Come on people, this is a chance to be part of a 914 overhaul! Good friends, good fun and a great chance to help finish a special car.
Kansas 914
I just realized I haven't offically registered - so I just sent my registration form.

Oh yeah - icon_bump.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Nov 29 2009, 06:30 AM) *

I just realized I haven't offically registered - so I just sent my registration form.

Oh yeah - icon_bump.gif

I submitted mine twice. I accidently hit the enter key and submitted an incomplete form. type.gif screwy.gif biggrin.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 29 2009, 09:13 AM) *

QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Nov 29 2009, 06:30 AM) *

Oh yeah - icon_bump.gif

I submitted mine twice. I accidently hit the enter key and submitted an incomplete form. type.gif screwy.gif biggrin.gif

These are the forms I have so far - if you are coming and haven't sent the registration form let me know.

January Setup Team (CONFIRMED):
rick 918-S
Kansas 914

February Build Team (CONFIRMED)
Dr Evil
Sleepin
lotus_65
i think i'll be able to run down with you on the setup trip rick!
maybe i'll head to arizona for a couple days after... golfer.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(lotus_65 @ Nov 29 2009, 02:21 PM) *

I may have to deliver a 1954 Austin Healey 100-4 to Phoenix..... idea.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 29 2009, 04:27 PM) *

QUOTE(lotus_65 @ Nov 29 2009, 02:21 PM) *

I may have to deliver a 1954 Austin Healey 100-4 to Phoenix..... idea.gif

Sounds like fate has stepped in......
Gint
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Nov 29 2009, 10:51 AM) *
These are the forms I have so far - if you are coming and haven't sent the registration form let me know.

rick 918-S
Kansas 914

Dr Evil
Sleepin

You can mark me as confirmed for January. I'm as confirmed as I'm going to get. I have every intention of being there. The only thing that will change that is a new job and can't get away that Friday. Which would only mean I'd be there Saturday morning after driving all night to get there.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Gint @ Nov 29 2009, 04:08 PM) *

QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Nov 29 2009, 10:51 AM) *

rick 918-S
Kansas 914

Dr Evil
Sleepin

You can mark me as confirmed for January. I'm as confirmed as I'm going to get. I have every intention of being there. The only thing that will change that is a new job and can't get away that Friday. Which would only mean I'd be there Saturday morning after driving all night to get there.

Woo Hoo! aktion035.gif driving.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Gint @ Nov 29 2009, 06:08 PM) *

Thanks Mike,

I will mark you as confirmed and I hope you land the job!

UPDATED:

rick 918-S
Kansas 914
Gint

Dr Evil
Sleepin
Kansas 914
tat2dphreak
a friendly icon_bump.gif

I really hope I can make it to be part of this very special event.

rick 918-S
Great fun planned! Lets make this winter event a big success! Leave the teener on jack stands! Come out and join the fun!
rick 918-S
This is for all you all! Here's Butterucp. This is THE 914 Build Off candidate. Come February You will have a chance to be part of one of the greatest undertakings ever performed by a group of car guy's anyplace.

rick 918-S
We will be in the coolest digs in the state of Kansas!
rick 918-S
Many of you have never been to an event because your car wasn't running or it was too far, or your boss wouldn't give you the time off.

Well, you don't need your car there. We'll have one there we can all share for the weekend.

The event is centrally located for some.

And everyone deserves a day or two off of work to meet new and old friends and be part of something bigger than all of us. Come on! aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.