Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Lee Cyr 914 Memorial Build Off Classic! BUTTERCUP IS RUNNING
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 30 2009, 09:17 PM) *

This is for all you all! Here's Butterucp. This is THE 914 Build Off candidate. Come February You will have a chance to be part of one of the greatest undertakings ever performed by a group of car guy's anyplace.

What is so special about this photo is this is the same car and the same little girl in Mary's avatar - this has been in the family a long time and will be in the family a long time...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
tat2dphreak
What is so special about this photo is this is the same car and the same little girl in Mary's avatar - this has been in the family a long time and will be in the family a long time...

agree.gif

this trancends "car event" and becomes a "human event"
rick 918-S
icon_bump.gif
hot_shoe914
Hmm, 803 miles and roughly 12 hours. I figure if I leave after work Thursday night, I can be there in time for coffee Friday morning.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Dec 1 2009, 10:19 PM) *

Hmm, 803 miles and roughly 12 hours. I figure if I leave after work Thursday night, I can be there in time for coffee Friday morning.

You can stop in Wichita for a recharge and coffee and we can drive over together as a group from here. We sure could another wrench or two!

The February group so far is:

Dr Evil
Sleepin
Kansas 914

PS. I make the BEST coffee - grind the beans daily!
Gint
Ooooww kripes... that's only 340 miles from my house. 6 hour drive. Cake... Maybe the weather will actually be decent enough to drive a 914!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Gint @ Dec 2 2009, 08:00 AM) *

Ooooww kripes... that's only 340 miles from my house. 6 hour drive. Cake... Maybe the weather will actually be decent enough to drive a 914!

Gint,

Yep - that is a piece of cake - having a 914 there would make it even better!

If I don't have to haul parts or people I might make the drive in my '74 but I am only 3 1/2 hours away. Oh yeah - I just remembered no heat in the '74.
rick 918-S
Here's another inspirational photo to pump this event up!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 2 2009, 04:58 PM) *

Here's another inspirational photo to pump this event up!

It is almost as if Buttercup is asking for help to get built...

You know like "Build Me Up" - signed Buttercup

Of course the original song was by The Foundations in 1968....
r_towle
It needs better wheels.

Rich
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 2 2009, 09:44 PM) *

It needs better wheels.

Rich

The wheels are in San Diego and are about to be on their way to Memphis. Then from Memphis to Garden City.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Dec 2 2009, 11:02 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 2 2009, 09:44 PM) *

It needs better wheels.

Rich

The wheels are in San Diego and are about to be on their way to Memphis. Then from Memphis to Garden City.

Yep - Mary wasn't thrilled with steel wheels and hubcaps and wanted something different. Her husband got to pick the wheels and he liked the look of Fuchs - perfect choice for this car.

Here is a picture of the wheels and tires that are going on the car - they are nice!

Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
One step closer to the Build Off Classic!
tat2dphreak
icon_bump.gif this is far too cool to let it slip biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
I have seen the T Shirt design! We have Marys approval for the design. I will post it soon! shades.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 4 2009, 08:55 AM) *

I have seen the T Shirt design! We have Marys approval for the design. I will post it soon! shades.gif

Excellent - that should get the orders flying in - everyone will want a t-shirt with a 914 on it!
tat2dphreak
icon_bump.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Dec 4 2009, 06:58 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 4 2009, 08:55 AM) *

Excellent - that should get the orders flying in - everyone will want a t-shirt with a 914 on it!

I sent the design to our own "oldschool" For a review. He asked for one minor change to make the design easier to print. So, I sent it back to the artist (to be named at a later date happy11.gif ) For a tweeking. Hang in there! It's a commin!
Kansas 914
Sunday morning bump

icon_bump.gif
rick 918-S
Well, We didn't intend to make you all wait for the T Shirt design soooo looong, but we have kind of a process we go through to get where we want to be here.

There were several design entries. Were sure you will not only approve of our final cut but we know you will want one of these limited edition shirts.

Click to view attachment

First I want to congradulate Paul Bellefleur for the winning design and then express my sincerest graditude for his entry. Paul is a very good friend and a local minnesotian. If you want to send Paul a note and thank him for the design just pm him. In case you haven't figured out who I'm refering to yet his screen name here is Lotus_65 biggrin.gif

The shirts will be done by Jaime Mejia (oldschool) He has done shirts for other events here and really makes this type of thing possible.

Thank you both!

The event itself will have an entry fee of $35 which will include a tribute T-shirt, games, and other extras. Additionally, T-shirts will be available for non-attendees for a short time period for $25. Please be patient the online form is nearing completion. Again, all proceeds above the costs of the event will go to Lee's passion, NET radio.

Donations can be made by Paypal to: edwardblume@gmail.com managed by Rob Ways (RobW), or by check / mail to Mike Moorman (Kansas 914).

Here is a form you can use for the event or the shirts or both! aktion035.gif http://www.prosalesreps.com/buttercup/signup.htm
VaccaRabite
Is there going to be a build plan? Or will it more be a "show up and make it happen" type deal. Do we know what the state of the components that need to be assembled are? Is there a list for things that still need to be acquired?'

Also, did the tub recently get painted? The paint looks *really* good on it.

Zach
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Dec 6 2009, 06:11 PM) *

Is there going to be a build plan? Or will it more be a "show up and make it happen" type deal. Do we know what the state of the components that need to be assembled are? Is there a list for things that still need to be acquired?'

Also, did the tub recently get painted? The paint looks *really* good on it.

Zach

Yes sir,

There is a plan. The weekend of January 30th there will be a recon team doing the set up before the event in February. We will do a final inventory in January. The roller and panels are in paint and look marvelous.
Mary Shortridge
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Dec 1 2009, 08:56 AM) *
This is for all you all! Here's Butterucp. This is THE 914 Build Off candidate. Come February You will have a chance to be part of one of the greatest undertakings ever performed by a group of car guy's anyplace.

We are really looking forward to welcoming you to Garden City! We will order glorious weather, and offer all their fill of fabulous Kansas beef! (and homemade cookies are my specialty...)
Just wanted you to know that you will make this a birthday Elissa will never forget! She looks forward to driving Buttercup on her 22nd birthday....she has two months to learn to drive a stick!
~Mary & family
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ Dec 7 2009, 04:16 PM) *
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Dec 1 2009, 08:56 AM) *

We are really looking forward to welcoming you to Garden City! We will order glorious weather, and offer all their fill of fabulous Kansas beef! (and homemade cookies are my specialty...)

Just wanted you to know that you will make this a birthday Elissa will never forget! She looks forward to driving Buttercup on her 22nd birthday....she has two months to learn to drive a stick!
~Mary & family

Hi Mary,

Hey all, I just heard a rumor there is going to be an auction held on World soon.

As I understand it is for a highly desirable 914 part. It is rumored a group of 914 guys stepped up to help make this event possible.

If it's true this is Very cool! aktion035.gif
tat2dphreak
icon_bump.gif

I wonder what it could be? smile.gif
Dr Evil
I know biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
happy11.gif
jimtab
So do I, I touched it......and now my finger stinks..... wub.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(jimtab @ Dec 10 2009, 12:36 AM) *

So do I, I touched it......and now my finger stinks..... wub.gif

wow, that could be a LOT of things wink.gif
rick 918-S
Here it is! aktion035.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=102047

rick 918-S
Don't forget. This is your chance to attend an event even if your car is on jack stands. There will be a very special car at the event, lot of fun, RC cars, Great food and one of the coolest man caves you will ever get to see!
Kansas 914
Thank you Brad (grouperalley) - your generous check arrived this week while I was out of town. I have you down for a shirt as well.

Thanks again.

Oh yeah: icon_bump.gif
rick 918-S
icon_bump.gif Lets make this an event to remember. I know it's the middle of winter but many of us have cars that are either snowed in or on jack stands anyway. Come on out and have some winter fun!
EdwardBlume
icon_bump.gif Bump icon_bump.gif

Imagine being a 914 sitting out in a field... decaying, its rolling days long gone. Your owner gone. Then someone shows up with a flatbed, adds air to your flat tires, finds a solid place for the wench to attach. Rust is falling off and you don't know where you are heading...

Hours later, someone is walking around you figuring out how to bring you back to life. Pieces start coming off, items marked, things being organized.

Days, weeks, months go by.. paint, metal, bondo... A shiny new motor is installed. All your pieces refreshed, so you will see the road soon... again. Just like coming from the factory.. but now better, because you are a survivor.

Every 914 has a history.. a story.

Lee Cyr loved his car, but not as much as his family. In his memory, Mary Shortridge will drive his restored and completed 914 in Garden City Kansas.

Will you have your hand on putting it back together? Will you be there?

rick 918-S
QUOTE(RobW @ Dec 13 2009, 01:08 PM) *

Imagine being a 914 sitting out in a field... decaying, its rolling days long gone. Your owner gone. Then someone shows up with a flatbed, adds air to your flat tires, finds a solid place for the wench to attach. Rust is falling off and you don't know where you are heading...

Hours later, someone is walking around you figuring out how to bring you back to life. Pieces start coming off, items marked, things being organized.

Days, weeks, months go by.. paint, metal, bondo... A shiny new motor is installed. All your pieces refreshed, so you will see the road soon... again. Just like coming from the factory.. but now better, because you are a survivor.

Lee Cyr loved his car, but not as much as his family. In his memory, Mary Shortridge will drive his restored and completed 914 in Garden City Kansas.

914 friends coming together to make a very special thing happen. You don't need mad skills, you don't need to show up in your 914, you don't even have to own a 914. All you need is a vacation day from work on Friday and maybe monday.

We will need people to help clean parts, prepare food, run the RC AutoX and just hang out for the best feeling a group of humans can have while in the same room. (keep it clean people.... shades.gif )

Will you be there?
rick 918-S
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 13 2009, 01:36 PM) *

QUOTE(RobW @ Dec 13 2009, 01:08 PM) *

914 friends coming together to make a very special thing happen. You don't need mad skills, you don't need to show up in your 914, you don't even have to own a 914. All you need is a vacation day from work on Friday and maybe monday.

We will need people to help clean parts, prepare food, run the RC AutoX and just hang out for the best feeling a group of humans can have while in the same room. (keep it clean people.... shades.gif )

Will you be there?

icon_bump.gif Will you be there?
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 14 2009, 04:50 PM) *

icon_bump.gif Will you be there?

Yes - as a matter of fact I will be there! I also hear there will be a special guest build leader - to be announced soon as well as some other famous 914World names... popcorn[1].gif

PS: Now that the EvilWerks transmission raffle is closed - how about buying a t-shirt or 3 - see my signature - thanks!
rick 918-S
Ya,

These are limited edition shirts. These will only be available for a limited time.

The designed was done for us by lotus_65 (Paul) and the printing is being done by oldschool (Jaime) Both are members here. That's how we want to roll!

You can help out with the build either by getting a limited edition shirt or you can come down and be part of something we will likely not see here again.

http://www.prosalesreps.com/buttercup/signup.htm
rick 918-S
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 16 2009, 09:51 AM) *

Ya,

These are limited edition shirts. These will only be available for a limited time.

The designed was done for us by lotus_65 (Paul) and the printing is being done by oldschool (Jaime) Both are members here. That's how we want to roll!

You can help out with the build either by getting a limited edition shirt or you can come down and be part of something we will likely not see here again.

http://www.prosalesreps.com/buttercup/signup.htm

icon_bump.gif
Kansas 914
Saturday Morning: icon_bump.gif

rick 918-S
I received a very special gift in the mail today. I will post a picture a little later this weekend.

Thank you Mary! smile.gif
Dr Evil
So, I am looking for anyone who wants to split a room and does not snore <--

Save some green smile.gif Let me know.

Also, when is everyone getting there and leaving so I can plan my trip accordingly?
koozy
When does the "parts needed" list come on line. I'd love to add whatever I have to the build.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(koozy @ Dec 22 2009, 01:23 AM) *

When does the "parts needed" list come on line. I'd love to add whatever I have to the build.

Hi Mike,

Thanks a million for the offer.

The parts needed site has been running since August - click on the link in my signature. I would like to add that Rick-928S, Gint and I are going to do a recon mission at the end of January to get a better list of what is truly left to secure for the build. It might be best to wait until then as it will be the "real" list.

Thanks!
Sleepin
I wanted to personally thank Mary (and Mike) for the little package I found in the mail! You rock!!!!
koozy
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Dec 22 2009, 05:56 AM) *

QUOTE(koozy @ Dec 22 2009, 01:23 AM) *

Hi Mike,

Thanks a million for the offer.

The parts needed site has been running since August - click on the link in my signature. I would like to add that Rick-928S, Gint and I are going to do a recon mission at the end of January to get a better list of what is truly left to secure for the build. It might be best to wait until then as it will be the "real" list.

Thanks!

Got it.
I'll wait for the updated list
Thanks
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 20 2009, 01:27 PM) *

So, I am looking for anyone who wants to split a room and does not snore <--

Save some green smile.gif Let me know.

Also, when is everyone getting there and leaving so I can plan my trip accordingly?

I could probably use a roomie. I have been told I snore occaisionally but I think they were full of crap. I have stayed awake all night several times to check for myself and I never did snore. Guess ya will have to decide for yourself.

Donald
racerbvd
I would love to help, I will see if there is any way I can make?? How cold does it get, will I need to buy some long pants & socks???
number6
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Dec 22 2009, 08:57 AM) *

I wanted to personally thank Mary (and Mike) for the little package I found in the mail! You rock!!!!

Ditto! Thank you!

and a icon_bump.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(racerbvd @ Dec 22 2009, 08:05 PM) *

I would love to help, I will see if there is any way I can make?? How cold does it get, will I need to buy some long pants & socks???

Byron, You may need to get some long pants and socks but it will be worth it. I really hope you can join in on this very special World event.

This will be the event we talk about while attending other future World events.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.