Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Lee Cyr 914 Memorial Build Off Classic! BUTTERCUP IS RUNNING
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
Mary Shortridge
QUOTE(Gint @ Feb 5 2010, 07:24 AM) *
Mary,

You mentioned last Saturday that you'd like to upgrade to chrome bumpers, perhaps in the future. There are two new classified ads here for early front and rear bumpers that include bumper tops and fog light grills.

I appreciate the info. I have sent a note to Mikey/Mark to try and buy new bumper tops. I think I'll go in this direction for now. Shiny bumpers would be fun, but that isn't what Lee had... plus, if I ever buy them I'd like to see them before dropping $800...
THANKS!
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(lotus_65 @ Feb 5 2010, 03:55 AM) *

guy's, add the parts you can supply here too. i can transfer the info until i find the glitch.

ok,

linkey:
The Lee Cyr Memorial 914 Build Off Classic Parts List

something happened to the code. i sent it to you rick, maybe you could edit your post with it.

l8r

thefleur

Someone have a pic of heater items needed, I probably have these but need to know what to look for.

Shoe
rick 918-S
These are rusted and bent.

Click to view attachment

rick 918-S
Second

Click to view attachment
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 5 2010, 11:35 PM) *
Second
I have them, I will check the condition of them when I go to my storage tomorrow.

Shoe
Mary Shortridge
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 6 2010, 12:51 AM) *

Second
I have them, I will check the condition of them when I go to my storage tomorrow.

Shoe

That is DEFINITELY worth chocolate chip cookies for the road trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kansas 914

Second

Shoe

Hi Shoe,

Do you have the flappers (right and left) that attach to the heat excahnegrs - Mary's are MIA...

SInce you were double (or trible) dog dared it might be owrth a doubel or triple batch of cookies. Did you hear about the ginger snaps??
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Feb 6 2010, 09:21 AM) *

Second

Shoe

Hi Shoe,

Do you have the flappers (right and left) that attach to the heat excahnegrs - Mary's are MIA...

SInce you were double (or trible) dog dared it might be owrth a doubel or triple batch of cookies. Did you hear about the ginger snaps??

Most likely I do but not real familiar with the heater parts. Could you post a pic? I will be leaving in a few minutes headed to storage and I may call you while I am there to see if there is anything else you need.
hot_shoe914
Hi Mary,

I SEE YOU!!! piratenanner.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 6 2010, 11:40 AM) *

Most likely I do but not real familiar with the heater parts. Could you post a pic? I will be leaving in a few minutes headed to storage and I may call you while I am there to see if there is anything else you need.

Needing parts that are circled.

Click to view attachment
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Feb 6 2010, 11:59 AM) *

Click to view attachment

I have those, might need a little cleaning but I do definitely have them.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 6 2010, 12:21 PM) *

QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Feb 6 2010, 11:59 AM) *

Click to view attachment

I have those, might need a little cleaning but I do definitely have them.

Awesome - I will add it to the sreadsheet. We can clean and paint on site (I have a feeling it will be my job - I am pretty good with a wire wheel!)
hot_shoe914
One thing about it, if I have enough parts in my car for Buttercup, if I break down on the way somebody will surely come rescue me even if it is just to get the parts. LOL
Kansas 914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 6 2010, 12:30 PM) *

One thing about it, if I have enough parts in my car for Buttercup, if I break down on the way somebody will surely come rescue me even if it is just to get the parts. LOL

The odds of you getting rescued is proportional to the amount of parts you are bringing! biggrin.gif
Gint
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 6 2010, 11:30 AM) *
av-943.gif av-943.gif
Dr Evil
av-943.gif
ejm
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 6 2010, 01:30 PM) *

Fixed it for you biggrin.gif
Gint
Every time I read an update in this thread and see that I laugh.
hot_shoe914
Got the struts you sent installed today Mary. Valve adjustment next week and a little tweaking and she is on her way to Garden City. Just in case you are wondering, the car in my avtar is the one I will be arriving in.
klink
I checked the 'need list' and I think the injectors have been removed from the list. So I'm guessing you have a good set of injectors. If not, let me know. I've got some front bumper top rubbers, but they're not perfect. But if you need them let me know. I am a little amazed at how this project has grown legs. If everybody does just a little we could accomplish something great. Oh, and by the way, you guys that are on the front line of this project, you should be proud of yourselves.
Mary Shortridge
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 6 2010, 08:32 PM) *

Got the struts you sent installed today Mary. Valve adjustment next week and a little tweaking and she is on her way to Garden City. Just in case you are wondering, the car in my avtar is the one I will be arriving in.

TERRIFIC! Can't wait to see you both in Garden City!
Sleepin
QUOTE(Gint @ Feb 6 2010, 12:04 PM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 6 2010, 11:30 AM) *
av-943.gif av-943.gif

aktion035.gif lol-2.gif
hot_shoe914
I am sure I have good vent window rubber if I grab the right pieces. May have felt strips for windows also. Trip to storage was postponed til tomorrow before the game. Mike(Kansas914), if you are going to be near a phone I will call you from storage and you can tell me what all we are looking for.

Shoe
EdwardBlume
Here's what I've got together...
EdwardBlume
+1
rick 918-S
The list filled up very nicely today!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(RobW @ Feb 7 2010, 01:47 PM) *

+1

Great parts - thanks Rob!

Here is the link again: Parts Still Need Link
A&PGirl
I'll get the exhaust nuts, copper flange gaskets, muffler gaskets & cv joint gaskets.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(A&PGirl @ Feb 7 2010, 03:31 PM) *

I'll get the exhaust nuts, copper flange gaskets, muffler gaskets & cv joint gaskets.

Thanks Carrie!
A&PGirl
Does Mary have any valve cover gaskets? I stumbled across several sets when I went to dig out the cv joint gaskets.
hot_shoe914
I will try to add a pic of the items I scored today later after the game. I did notice a couple of other items that I should have grabbed. Sorry, hard to concentrate when you leave a pissy red headed woman in the truck for an hour while you dig through parts. Just reminds me of why I choose to stay single.

Carrie, I have the 4 copper gaskets sitting right here if you don't already have them.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(A&PGirl @ Feb 7 2010, 03:48 PM) *

Does Mary have any valve cover gaskets? I stumbled across several sets when I went to dig out the cv joint gaskets.

The motor is all rebuilt and delivered so I am going to asssume she is good on valve cover gaskets - thanks!
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Feb 7 2010, 04:02 PM) *

The motor is all rebuilt and delivered so I am going to asssume she is good on valve cover gaskets - thanks!

She will need another set of valve cover gaskets for when they do the first valve adjustment after getting some break in miles on it.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 7 2010, 04:07 PM) *

QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Feb 7 2010, 04:02 PM) *

She will need another set of valve cover gaskets for when they do the first valve adjustment after getting some break in miles on it.

Donald,

GOOD POINT! Carrie - that would be great if you have the valve cover gaskets.
hot_shoe914
Pics of my stash in about 5 mins. Figured I'd never do it after the game so did it now.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 7 2010, 04:26 PM) *

Pics of my stash in about 5 mins. Figured I'd never do it after the game so did it now.

popcorn[1].gif
A&PGirl
Donald,

That's great. I was going to get the copper gaskets tomorrow because I couldn't find where the spares went. smile.gif It must be the opossums, fault. laugh.gif

Have the CV bolt washers been gotten? We have the oil and transmission fluid. The oil is a case of Brad Penn and the transmission fluid is SwepCo 201.

It might be easier for someone to pick it up on their way to the event instead of shipping it.
EdwardBlume
Did you source 2.0 lub bolts.. I think I have 7 of the 16 of them.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(RobW @ Feb 7 2010, 04:46 PM) *

Did you source 2.0 lub bolts.. I think I have 7 of the 16 of them.

No we do not have the 2.0 lug bolts. I think Wayne had a few but said they are ugly - I'll take ugly over none any day!
EdwardBlume
7 2.0 lugs on the way...

I did lose the fuel pump rubber mount though.. one side is fused on rusted...
hot_shoe914
WTF.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 7 2010, 10:00 PM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 7 2010, 04:26 PM) *

Stash

Click to view attachment

A pillar pieces I think

Click to view attachment
bumper boobs

Click to view attachment
pedal board and dog bones

Click to view attachment
T-tubes

Click to view attachment
Heater control

Click to view attachment
ditto

Click to view attachment
side markers

Click to view attachment
wing window rubber

Click to view attachment
wing window rubber

Crap, I made them too small. Let me see if I can fix them.

Dr Evil
Dang, ya'll sure found a lot of the needed parts smile.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 7 2010, 10:42 PM) *

Dang, ya'll sure found a lot of the needed parts smile.gif

I was gonna trade all of my spares to you for a tranny build for my autoX car, but since you are quitting trannies, I gave them to ButterCup! confused24.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 7 2010, 10:37 PM) *

Stash

A pillar pieces I think
bumper boobs
pedal board and dog bones
T-tubes
Heater control
side markers
wing window rubber

Donald - super score - thanks so much!
Mary Shortridge
Buttercup extends a BIG thank you!!! biggrin.gif
A&PGirl
All the parts & fluid is on order, I'll pick them up in a day or two depending on the weather. biggrin.gif

It's almost blizzard conditions out there.
EdwardBlume
My box o parts are shipped via USPS today... good luck with the build!
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(RobW @ Feb 8 2010, 04:14 PM) *

You should have packed your chubby lil ass in the box too. How the hell you gonna triple dog dare somebody and then not even show up yourself! WTF.gif confused24.gif poke.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 8 2010, 04:24 PM) *

QUOTE(RobW @ Feb 8 2010, 04:14 PM) *

You should have packed your chubby lil ass in the box too. How the hell you gonna triple dog dare somebody and then not even show up yourself! WTF.gif confused24.gif poke.gif

Oooo that's harsh... huh.gif Hey now, Rob has very small children. I have been where he is. The kids do not like when daddy leaves and let mom know every chance they get all weekend loooong. shades.gif Even the best kids do it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.