Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Lee Cyr 914 Memorial Build Off Classic! BUTTERCUP IS RUNNING
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 11 2010, 12:14 PM) *

My car is buried. dry.gif I have a good 30-45min of digging before I can go anywhere.

Bummer... mad.gif
rick 918-S
Getting closer! This time next week there wil be some serious action being taken in the 914WORLD. smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif clap23.gif
Kansas 914
Does anyone have one of the rubber parts that hold the eyebrow to the body? The eyebrow is #9 in the picture below and uses 2 on one side and 1 on the narrower side. 3 are needed for each eyebrow (total of 6) and we have 5...

Click to view attachment

Thanks!
Mary Shortridge
I got the gas tank and accessories back from the powder coat shop. They look FABULOUS! And I learned how to use the beadblaster booth yesterday. I had a BLAST! I may have found a new hobby......
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ Feb 12 2010, 08:08 PM) *

I got the gas tank and accessories back from the powder coat shop. They look FABULOUS! And I learned how to use the beadblaster booth yesterday. I had a BLAST! I may have found a new hobby......

Now that is a work of art! drooley.gif

This build is going to be GREAT!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Feb 12 2010, 06:12 PM) *

QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ Feb 12 2010, 08:08 PM) *

Now that is a work of art! drooley.gif

This build is going to be GREAT!

Looks Nice! aktion035.gif
Sleepin
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Feb 12 2010, 09:35 AM) *

Does anyone have one of the rubber parts that hold the eyebrow to the body? The eyebrow is #9 in the picture below and uses 2 on one side and 1 on the narrower side. 3 are needed for each eyebrow (total of 6) and we have 5...

Click to view attachment

Thanks!

I will look. They are hard to find, that is for sure. I am sure I have a couple...but finding them in this mess..... we need a cleaning event for my garage!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Feb 12 2010, 09:12 PM) *

QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Feb 12 2010, 09:35 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Thanks!

I will look. They are hard to find, that is for sure. I am sure I have a couple...but finding them in this mess..... we need a cleaning event for my garage!

That would be great if you can find one. We are only missing one.
oldschool
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Feb 9 2010, 06:22 PM) *

QUOTE(bandjoey @ Feb 9 2010, 07:28 PM) *

Anyone out there with know how on setting up a web cam link, I can set up my laptop with camera and just turn it on for the viewing audience.

/
Got Skype on that laptop? That makes it easy but is limited to a single remote connection at a time.

I will bring a laptop with webcam as well. There is wireless in the building but the router is a long way away and a stee wall between the two makes getting a signal an issue.

There is a small chance I can get a camera web server with 4 cameras on the router and port forward it. That unit allows 25 or so simultaneous users but really likes a static IP (maybe a little DDNS program will solve that)

please let me know if your going to skype?
Sleepin
yellowsleep[1].gif

I will drop a nipple in the mail..... blink.gif
Doug Leggins
Are there parts still needed? If so, where is the list?
EdwardBlume
Here is the link again:

Link

Thanks!
rick 918-S
This is the last weekend for the Build Off!
hot_shoe914
Car is at the shop getting a valve adjustment and final inspection. Hope to have it back by teusday night. Start packing it up Wed and plan to leave right after work Thursday. With good weather and lots of luck and caffiene I will be in Garden City Friday morning. driving.gif aktion035.gif

p.s., you guys really didn't need to know that, was just looking for an excuse to move this thread back to the top.
Dr Evil
Ya, but you will be useless on Fri. Take your time wink.gif You can sleep in on Fri and join us after you nap.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 15 2010, 12:11 AM) *

Ya, but you will be useless on Fri. Take your time wink.gif You can sleep in on Fri and join us after you nap.

Good idea ("join us after you nap") - perhaps you can lead the second shift!

ps: You might be the only one on second shift... lol-2.gif
hot_shoe914
Got to work this morning & found a package from a special lady. All I will say is mmmm, damn good cookie!!!

Many thanks,
Donald.
hot_shoe914
Got to work this morning & found a package from a special lady. All I will say is mmmm, damn good cookie!!!

Many thanks,
Donald.
hot_shoe914

Many thanks,
Donald.
ejm
Wow they must be good to say it three times biggrin.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(ejm @ Feb 15 2010, 11:46 AM) *

Wow they must be good to say it three times biggrin.gif

They really are that good

hwgunner
so looks like all that is needed is a set of turbo tie rods. Is that correct or is there more that you guys can use. Someone please PM me the address for the T-Tie rods. jonathan
Kansas 914
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Feb 15 2010, 11:51 AM) *

so looks like all that is needed is a set of turbo tie rods. Is that correct or is there more that you guys can use. Someone please PM me the address for the T-Tie rods. jonathan

Hi Jonathan - PM headed your way - thanks so much.
oldschool
Like I like to say "you don't have to till me three times" lol-2.gif
A&PGirl
Is anyone getting the cone screws?
Dr Evil
I thought you were, Carrie. Let me check my stock, though. I usually stock them smile.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 15 2010, 03:30 PM) *

I thought you were, Carrie. Let me check my stock, though. I usually stock them smile.gif

Dr Evil,

I think you sent her some in the very first package you sent her - I remember they were new in the bag. They might be on site - but Mary didn't see them. If you have a few bring but we might be okay.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Feb 15 2010, 03:33 PM) *

Dr Evil,

I think you sent her some in the very first package you sent her - I remember they were new in the bag. They might be on site - but Mary didn't see them. If you have a few bring but we might be okay.

I bet they are in a box somewhere - look at this picture I found from Mary (a long time ago).
Click to view attachment
Dr Evil
Goal!
hwgunner
Turbo Tie rods should be there Wednesday. let me know if there is anything else. I do not have the heater cable and my Porsche guy says it is NLA.

jonathan
Mary Shortridge
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Feb 15 2010, 05:23 PM) *

Turbo Tie rods should be there Wednesday. let me know if there is anything else. I do not have the heater cable and my Porsche guy says it is NLA.

jonathan

Thank you so VERY much for your help and support on the tie rods. An aircraft mechanic suggested cable from the dune buggy shop. I'll check with them tomorrow, they aren't open on Mondays. He let me use his bead blasting booth today, it is so much fun to see those parts sparkle! Looking forward to introducing you all to Buttercup!
bandjoey
Do we still need #3 targa trim?
ChrisFoley
I have wire at the shop that we use for replacing heater cables
and can put some in a Postal Flat Rate Box Tuesday.
I'd suggest that Ed carry it with him but the airline might not let him keep it.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Feb 15 2010, 07:26 PM) *

Do we still need #3 targa trim?

Yes! biggrin.gif Here's the link to the spread sheet! If you can help put your info in the spread sheet and get the parts out tomorrow! aktion035.gif

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0At...MxS2c&hl=en

Here's the address!

Buttercup 914
c/o Mary Shortridge
105 Drury Lane
Garden City, KS 67846
Dr Evil
I DO NOT have the cone screws. I am fresh out sad.gif Probably too late for me to order them. headbang.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 15 2010, 09:25 PM) *

I DO NOT have the cone screws. I am fresh out sad.gif Probably too late for me to order them. headbang.gif

Doc, I think Mike Moorman posted a photo Mary took of the cone screws she received. At least that was my take on the post.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 15 2010, 11:31 PM) *

Doc, I think Mike Moorman posted a photo Mary took of the cone screws she received. At least that was my take on the post.

I might have 2 used ones - no promise though. We will also need the right metric allen wrench - is it 4mm? I think I left my metric allen wrenches at the build site last visit so they might be there - but I have a feeling the 4mm is missing from my set. We could get one at a hardware store if needed - but not the cone screws...
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Feb 15 2010, 09:28 PM) *

I have wire at the shop that we use for replacing heater cables
and can put some in a Postal Flat Rate Box Tuesday.
I'd suggest that Ed carry it with him but the airline might not let him keep it.

I doubt they would let him either (garrotte-esque) hanged.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Feb 16 2010, 05:27 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 15 2010, 11:31 PM) *

I might have 2 used ones - no promise though. We will also need the right metric allen wrench - is it 4mm? I think I left my metric allen wrenches at the build site last visit so they might be there - but I have a feeling the 4mm is missing from my set. We could get one at a hardware store if needed - but not the cone screws...

I mis-understood. I thought the pic you posted was taken by Mary of parts she received. My bad.

Hey, any vendors have a couple cone screws to send out? We need them but the weekend.

Here's the address!

Buttercup 914
c/o Mary Shortridge
105 Drury Lane
Garden City, KS 67846

Send any one of the guys here a pm with an amount and we'll get you paid for them.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 16 2010, 09:19 AM) *

I mis-understood. I thought the pic you posted was taken by Mary of parts she received. My bad.

Hey, any vendors have a couple cone screws to send out? We need them but the weekend.

Here's the address!

Buttercup 914
c/o Mary Shortridge
105 Drury Lane
Garden City, KS 67846

Send any one of the guys here a pm with an amount and we'll get you paid for them.

Rick,

You were right - that was a picture from Mary - we just haven't seen the screws lately - very good chance they are there - but since I do not remember seeing them I am trying to have plan B.
hwgunner
I have them. Will send out today. No charge. Need anything else??
Kansas 914
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Feb 16 2010, 09:33 AM) *

I have them. Will send out today. No charge. Need anything else??

Jonathan - you are the best!
rick 918-S
Gottcha Mike! Thanks Jonathan!
I have a box of stuff leaving here today.

I have included a couple door prizes. It will be up to who ever is in charge to distribute a few very rare copies of "Made by Hand" I had my friend Chappy burn from my VHS copy to DVD. You all can fight amongst yourselves over them. If your really creative shades.gif and have a way to copy these onsite you and burn somemore you may all get one. biggrin.gif I added a couple other thing to the box today...

The RC Car is on the way for the 914 RC AutoX!

Click to view attachment
bandjoey
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 16 2010, 10:55 AM) *

Gottcha Mike! Thanks Jonathan!
I have a box of stuff leaving here today.

I have included a couple door prizes. It will be up to who ever is in charge to distribute a few very rare copies of "Made by Hand" I had my friend Chappy burn from my VHS copy to DVD. You all can fight amongst yourselves over them. If your really creative shades.gif and have a way to copy these onsite you and burn somemore you may all get one. biggrin.gif I added a couple other thing to the box today...

The RC Car is on the way for the 914 RC AutoX!

Click to view attachment

If the winner(s) are so willing, I'll toss in a box of dvd disks to make copies with. biggrin.gif
Mary Shortridge
Sorry for the confusion on the cone screws. I am pretty sure I found them. I was at the shop all day and missed the posts. Thanks so VERY much for everyone's work on that.
Today I got the insulation/sound proofing installed for the most part. It is supposed to help with heat! It was harder than I thought in some respects, and easier in other ways. The worst part is the skin it peeled off my fingertips by the end of the day. They recommended cotton gloves.... nah!!!!!!!!!!! (note my seat hardware, freshly beadblasted and sparkly clean!!!!!)
I'll also attach a photo of the dash pad that Fernando just finished. It is beautiful! He still has the back for the firewall, but swears it'll be done by Thursday.
Things are hopping! Sun is shining, and it's been in the mid forties! Looking forward to the Build!!!!
rick 918-S
WOW! Very nice! The clock is ticking. Hope the loss of skin is worth it! huh.gif
hot_shoe914
Tomorrow I pick my car up from the shop after work. Then I have to stock it with parts, tools and emergency rations. Thursday night I will put more miles on it on the way to Garden City than I have put on it since I've owned it. Taking a blanket with me and a roll of weather stripping in an effort to seal the air leaks in an attempt to stay warm. Still have headlight problems but what the hell, I am taking 2 flashlights just in case. I will also have a floorjack and 2 jack stands and tools. I believe I will be okay. Renewed my AAA membership today and made sure my cell phone bill was paid up. It is time to driving.gif and aktion035.gif . See you all Friday morning some time or other.

Shoe

p.s. Stock tip buy Redbull stock. lol-2.gif
ejm
Have a safe trip Don, see you Friday
A&PGirl
Shipped parts to Mary today.

The package contains:

Copper gaskets (4)
CV Joint Gaskets (4)
Muffler gaskets (2)
M8 nut (to muffler) (6)
M8 nut (copper) (8)
Valve Cover Gaskets (2)
Brad Penn Break-in Oil (4 quarts)
Brad Penn Oil (4 quarts)
Brake Fluid Blue/Type 4 (1 Liter)
SwepCo 201 (1 gallon)

Have fun everyone! beer3.gif chowtime.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(A&PGirl @ Feb 17 2010, 03:23 PM) *

Shipped parts to Mary today.

The package contains:

Copper gaskets (4)
CV Joint Gaskets (4)
Muffler gaskets (2)
M8 nut (to muffler) (6)
M8 nut (copper) (8)
Valve Cover Gaskets (2)
Brad Penn Break-in Oil (4 quarts)
Brad Penn Oil (4 quarts)
Brake Fluid Blue/Type 4 (1 Liter)
SwepCo 201 (1 gallon)

Have fun everyone! beer3.gif chowtime.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif

Carrie,

That is very very nice of you and Allen. You will both be missed at the build as you were there at the very beginning!

Cheers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.