Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Lee Cyr 914 Memorial Build Off Classic! BUTTERCUP IS RUNNING
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Feb 19 2010, 06:52 AM) *

It's like you guys are barely moving in the video? Common Pick up the Pace poke.gif
Update the parts list before Wayne and I leave tonight, to see if there's anything else we can find to bring.

Happy Wrenching!

I will take a piece of passenger side top windshield trim if you have it. Will trade you a slightly mangled piece for a good one.

GOOD MORNING MARY!

p.s. Beware of The Hot_shoe, he is all jacked up on Mt. Dew & 5 Hour Energy & is doing the Buttercup boogie somewhere in Kansas!
ClayPerrine
Had a little over an hour delay getting out of Denver last night. It was snowing really hard, and we had to wait in the de-ice line. And the snow we left in Denver is supposed to come here by tonight.

I am sitting in the business center at the hotel (and pissed because the hotel doesn't have wired internet in the rooms). I have no idea how to get to where buttercup is, so I guess I have to loiter here until someone comes and finds me.

hissyfit.gif

Cell is 817-360-4067.

I have a surprise for Mary, but it is coming up with Bill and Wayne, I couldn't bring it on the plane.

Sleepin
Very cool guys! I really wish I had been able to make it! I am there in spirit though!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 19 2010, 07:20 AM) *

Had a little over an hour delay getting out of Denver last night. It was snowing really hard, and we had to wait in the de-ice line. And the snow we left in Denver is supposed to come here by tonight.

I am sitting in the business center at the hotel (and pissed because the hotel doesn't have wired internet in the rooms). I have no idea how to get to where buttercup is, so I guess I have to loiter here until someone comes and finds me.

hissyfit.gif

Cell is 817-360-4067.

I have a surprise for Mary, but it is coming up with Bill and Wayne, I couldn't bring it on the plane.

Coming to get coffee - see you in a minute
914Sixer
Great work everybody cheer.gif

popcorn[1].gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Feb 19 2010, 07:23 AM) *

Very cool guys! I really wish I had been able to make it! I am there in spirit though!

Me Too! agree.gif
EdwardBlume
Has Shoe been sighted yet?
rick 918-S
Just talked to Don. He's in Liberal, KS 66 miles to go! aktion035.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(RobW @ Feb 19 2010, 08:38 AM) *

Just saw an old red bug for sale right outside of Liberal, Kansas.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 19 2010, 06:52 AM) *

lol-2.gif F-O-C-U-S lol-2.gif

You guys are going to have a great day! I'll be thinking about you guys today while I'm working for the man....
tat2dphreak
ok, I'll double dog dare you to tow the bug back home with the 914 poke.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(RobW @ Feb 19 2010, 08:57 AM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 19 2010, 06:52 AM) *

lol-2.gif F-O-C-U-S lol-2.gif

You guys are going to have a great day! I'll be thinking about you guys today while I'm working for the man....

Hey Rob...(from School of Rock) You da man! lol-2.gif

rick 918-S
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Feb 19 2010, 08:58 AM) *

OMG! huh.gif That would be the tail wagging the dog! lol-2.gif I say nobody dare Donald to do anything! unsure.gif driving.gif He's not one to back away from a challenge!
Gint
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 19 2010, 06:20 AM) *

hissyfit.gif

Cell is 817-360-4067.

Hey! Don't be short with us Clay.

Does anyone in KS have the 914 manual either in hardcopy or soft? Let me know please as I can remedy that.
tat2dphreak
do you mean the haynes one, or the factory one? I can bring haynes with me.
Gint
Factory
Sleepin
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 19 2010, 08:05 AM) *

QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Feb 19 2010, 08:58 AM) *

OMG! huh.gif That would be the tail wagging the dog! lol-2.gif I say nobody dare Donald to do anything! unsure.gif driving.gif He's not one to back away from a challenge!

You don't have the hair on your ass to tow that bug home! poke.gif lol-2.gif

We are dying for some pics over here! (YouTube is firewalled at my office so I cant watch vids) headbang.gif
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Feb 19 2010, 09:36 AM) *

Noooooo.....
He doesn't need a bug......does he??
He doesn't have a dragster come to think of it!!

You guy's have fun.....stay warm!! drunk.gif

Mary you are mighty lucky to have some of the smartest Teener tinker's in the country there to lend a hand.

Ken
bye1.gif
EdwardBlume
drunk.gif Shoe made it yet? drunk.gif
Kansas 914
Hot Shoe has arrived!

Car ran great.

Radiant floor heat

QUOTE(7275914911 @ Feb 19 2010, 09:58 AM) *

QUOTE(Sleepin @ Feb 19 2010, 09:36 AM) *

Noooooo.....
He doesn't need a bug......does he??
He doesn't have a dragster come to think of it!!

You guy's have fun.....stay warm!! drunk.gif

Mary you are mighty lucky to have some of the smartest Teener tinker's in the country there to lend a hand.

Ken
bye1.gif

Betty
"Running a little behind. Had to go back & pick up the pieces of my car that fell off."

I think it should be made a strict requirement that this exact same quote be uttered by at least one participant at any and every 914 event ever held from here on out!!! lol-2.gif

.... only because it's happened to me too. Who knew exhaust studs could get hot?! slap.gif
MDG
QUOTE(Betty @ Feb 19 2010, 12:03 PM) *

"Running a little behind. Had to go back & pick up the pieces of my car that fell off."

I think it should be made a strict requirement that this exact same quote be uttered by at least one participant at any and every 914 event ever held from here on out!!! lol-2.gif

.... only because it's happened to me too. Who knew exhaust studs could get hot?! slap.gif

Definitely a classic! lol-2.gif

Wish I was there - what is happening in Kansas right now makes this board what it truely is; a group of great people. Fantastic stuff you guys.

Go Buttercup smilie_pokal.gif
KELTY360
In the immortal words of Flounder........THIS IS GREAT!

Rock On, Buttercup Builders smilie_pokal.gif
A&PGirl
It looks like my box of parts just arrived there. Someone may want to go pick them up. smile.gif
ClayPerrine
They are here... thanks Carrie.

We are working away. And we have internet access here too. So we will keep this updated.

rick 918-S
Anyone have any teaser photos? The suspense is killin us! boldblue.gif girlboing.gif jester.gif monkeydance.gif
Sleepin
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 19 2010, 12:42 PM) *

Anyone have any teaser photos? The suspense is killin us! boldblue.gif girlboing.gif jester.gif monkeydance.gif

agree.gif popcorn[1].gif yellowsleep[1].gif
Gint
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 19 2010, 12:38 PM) *
They are here... thanks Carrie.

We are working away. And we have internet access here too. So we will keep this updated.
I'm going to send you PM with some links Clay. Need to finish ftp'ing some files.
bandjoey
I should have Ur windshield trim Don. Will bring it up.
How's the weather. Look cold from here. Do we need boots and chains?
(post all jokes here) biggrin.gif
Clay do U still need the electrical printouts?
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Betty @ Feb 19 2010, 11:03 AM) *

OMG! That's going to leave a mark! hissyfit.gif
jonferns
Makin' any progress guys? In case it wasn't mentioned before, we need pics!
EdwardBlume
agree.gif

Interested parties want details.... lots of details... type like the wind! Post video! chowtime.gif
jonferns
The title says "video posted", but where? confused24.gif
ejm
QUOTE(Jon Fernandes @ Feb 19 2010, 06:39 PM) *

The title says "video posted", but where? confused24.gif

Back a couple of pages.. see post 493
Gint
Somebody tell Clay to check his cell voice mail and/or his PM's here on the board.

I'm not going to make it. I still feel crappy enough from this cold to drive through snow/freezing drizzle both ways 700+ miles. I was only going to be there for just Saturday anyway. I'm with ya in spirit gang! I'm going to miss more ginger snaps.
bandjoey
In Oklahoma right now going north past Winstar. Save us a cookie!
ejm
couple of Don's pics

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

ejm
more

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Gint
That pic of Clay in the front trunk is priceless. Thanks.
QUOTE(ejm @ Feb 19 2010, 06:31 PM) *

Clay standing in the front trunk..... lol-2.gif

Keep'um coming Ed....Is Shoe still sleeping it off?? NM I see him directing traffic in the screen shot pic!!

U guy's are somthin else aktion035.gif

Ken
rick 918-S
Great! Did you finally get the tunnel straightened out? You guys are the premier build team! WTG!

Are you missing anything that will stop the build?
EdwardBlume
aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif You guys rock aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif

A big thanks to everyone in 914world that has had their hand in this... cheer.gif cheer.gif
Mikey914
[quote name='7275914911' date='Feb 19 2010, 04:36 PM' post='1275981']
[quote name='ejm' post='1275977' date='Feb 19 2010, 06:31 PM']
Click to view attachment
[/quote]

Looks like they have a trunk monkey installed! biggrin.gif
ClayPerrine
[quote name='Mikey914' date='Feb 19 2010, 09:14 PM' post='1276027']
[quote name='7275914911' date='Feb 19 2010, 04:36 PM' post='1275981']
[quote name='ejm' post='1275977' date='Feb 19 2010, 06:31 PM']
Click to view attachment
[/quote]

Looks like they have a trunk monkey installed! biggrin.gif
[/quote]

Remember...

The trunk monkey hits people over the head with a tire iron. happy11.gif
championgt1
What you guys are doing is simply amazing! pray.gif
rick 918-S
Where's the video? Where's the photos? Your killin us with curiosity..
ClayPerrine
We are done for the night. The video is uploading. Pictures will be uploaded in the morning.

All of us are tired, but tomorrow is a big day. We are going to get the motor in and hopefully running.

She is looking GOOD!!!

Kansas 914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 20 2010, 12:40 AM) *
We are done for the night. The video is uploading. Pictures will be uploaded in the morning.

All of us are tired, but tomorrow is a big day. We are going to get the motor in and hopefully running.

She is looking GOOD!!!

Day 2 Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK_v5vthKg8
Kansas 914
Freeze Frame #1

Click to view attachment

Freeze Frame #2

Click to view attachment
Dr Evil
Look at that Hobbit, man!

Mary and family are keeping us fattened up with great eats. So much for my diet dry.gif Ah well rolleyes.gif

Left to do:
Finish installing interior
- Gauges
- Finish column in stall
- Lower dash
- Seats
- Carpet
- etc

All glass

Finish doors

Then when we get her on the lift it will be front suspension, rear suspension, stab the drive train, try to start smile.gif

Really not much.

Ed was instrumental in rectifying the center tunnel issues. The clutch tube was a section of thick walled conduit that the whole cable and sheath could fit in. It was messing with everything. I cut it out and Ed brazed up a great replacement from the remnants of the not so well constructed steel fuel lines that the body guy installed. Ed also fixed the throttle tube.

Big thanks to Chris Foley for the SS fuel kit at this point as that helped out a lot.

Clay tackled the front trunk stuff like the head lights, seals and ventilation system. Anyone who has done the vent system knows what a crappy thing it can be to work on. I was content to let Clay do that.

The seals and cad plated parts are really helping things along as well. Big thanks to Mikey914 and other contributors previously mentioned in this thread. Too many for me to list here.

I am getting tired so I will sign off for now. More tomorrow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.