Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
Sleepin
Mary should be getting the eyelid nipple in today. biggrin.gif
jonferns
Looking forward to lots of pics from the build! aktion035.gif
JoeSharp
Mary: If you would please. E-mail me at
iamjoesharp@hotmail.com
I have a tracking number for you for the RC stuff.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Feb 17 2010, 04:36 PM) *

Mary: If you would please. E-mail me at
iamjoesharp@hotmail.com
I have a tracking number for you for the RC stuff.

aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif driving-girl.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Jon Fernandes @ Feb 17 2010, 06:30 PM) *

Looking forward to lots of pics from the build! aktion035.gif

With any luck I will be posting a time lapse video of each day's progress up to YouTube each night. I plan to have the recorder take an image every 60 seconds and play back 1 frame per second - that way 1 hour gets condensed to one minute.

Stay tuned for details. popcorn[1].gif
hot_shoe914
After a near cardiac arrest due to devastating new I am happy to inform all that my car is home and being packed with parts and will still be Kansas bound this time tomorrow night. Super props to my fabulous mechanic for making this possible! So next time you see djohn on line be sure to slap.gif him and tell him he rocks! aktion035.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 17 2010, 07:20 PM) *

After a near cariac arrest due to devastating new I am happy to inform all that my car is home and being packed with parts and will still be Kansas bound this time tomorrow night. Super props to my fabulous mechanic for making this possible! So next time you see djohn on line be sure to slap.gif him and tell him he rocks! aktion035.gif

Have a safe and enjoyable trip!
Dr Evil
3am and I cant sleep smile.gif I leave for the airport in 4.5 hours biggrin.gif

I need to check if there is anything I am forgetting.
oldschool
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 18 2010, 12:00 AM) *

go to sleep man shades.gif
Mary Shortridge
QUOTE(oldschool @ Feb 18 2010, 02:04 AM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 18 2010, 12:00 AM) *

go to sleep man shades.gif

This is the most productive time of the day, sometimes....
No carparts to polish here, but I'll start working on the Bierocks...
Or, maybe go to the grocery store. Wouldn't be crowded, but probably no checkers, either....
ejm
At Logan waiting to board smile.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(ejm @ Feb 18 2010, 06:18 AM) *

At Logan waiting to board smile.gif

I've been up for hours - too excited to sleep!
ClayPerrine
I leave for the airport at 3 this afternoon. I am dropping a boxy off with Bill (bandjoey) to bring up with him on friday.

I will be there tonight. smile.gif

Mary... would you be so kind as to print off a legal page sized copy of the color wiring diagrams for Buttercup? It is much easier to have them ready when I start on the electrical system. I can't get to pelican here at work because it is blocked by the content filter.
rick 918-S
exciting! biggrin.gif
hot_shoe914
I was up til 3:30 a.m. getting the car all packed and loaded and ready to go. Got a few last minute items to toss in and need gas, then I am set. Not a cloud in the sky today so I hope it stays that way all the way to Garden City. I will let you guys know when I depart and give you my phone number in case anybody wants to call and keep me awake around midnight or so.

Shoe.............on a double...triple dog dare mission! driving.gif aktion035.gif
Mary Shortridge
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 18 2010, 07:14 AM) *

I leave for the airport at 3 this afternoon. I am dropping a boxy off with Bill (bandjoey) to bring up with him on friday.

Mary... would you be so kind as to print off a legal page sized copy of the color wiring diagrams for Buttercup? It is much easier to have them ready when I start on the electrical system. I can't get to pelican here at work because it is blocked by the content filter.

I'll get it printed. THANKS!!!!!!!

P.S. Coffee is on my grocery list..... biggrin.gif
Mary Shortridge
Anybody wanting a google map to Luke's place please email me maryshortridge@gmail.com and I will send you a jpg. Or just call me on my cell for directions. 620-272-4379.
It isn't hard to find, honest.
Looking forward to seeing all of you!
~Mary & family
Dr Evil
At the airport, enjoying free internet. I love small airports for the free internet. I cant believe I am awake. I got maybe 2hrs of sleep last night. blink.gif
Dr Evil
I have a manual in my luggage. I dont need no color wiring diagrams tongue.gif

I also have some self made circuit diagrams that can help. After all, electrical/electronics/avionics was my first avocation wink.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 18 2010, 07:14 AM) *

Thanks Clay,

I have the laminated 8.5" X 17" color version with me for '73 - should be fine.

Ed, Doc and I will be there tonight as well - we should be in about 7PM.
Kansas 914
I also have PET catalog on my laptop and Mary has a hard copy of Exploded Diagrams I made for her back in August.
Dr Evil
Shotgun!
rick 918-S
We have an awesome team coming from all directions.

Hey! BTW: Who ever ends up running in the RC AutoX you better draw straws for the cars. Maybe each driver will have to run my car then run Joes car. Then average the times. Joe Sharps cars are really fast! driving.gif Mine is stock dry.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 18 2010, 08:28 AM) *

Shotgun!

Smart call - my vehicle is packed - had to fold down one of the seats in the back - it will be close quarters for the backseat passenger.....
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Feb 18 2010, 06:30 AM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 18 2010, 08:28 AM) *

Shotgun!

Smart call - my vehicle is packed - had to fold down one of the seats in the back - it will be close quarters for the backseat passenger.....

Good thing Ed is skinny! lol-2.gif
hot_shoe914
My car is all packed and I have done everything to it I can think of. Wish I had gotten the rear tires balanced but too late now. I will be rolling out of Memphis by 7:00 central time. Only a mere 805 miles to the destination. My cell number is 901-484-6977. Feel free to call anytime if you are bored. I am sure I could use a wake up call every now and then. I am hoping to make Little Rock before I have to stop and put the top back on. Rock on and see you all in 12 or 13 hours if all goes well.

Shoe driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
Gint
OK, I'm still up in the air for Saturday. Got a nasty cold I'm trying to shake but I keep coughing myself awake every night and not getting any sleep. And the weather has gone to crap both here and there and everywhere in between during Saturday when I wanted to drive there and back.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Gint @ Feb 18 2010, 04:52 PM) *

OK, I'm still up in the air for Saturday. Got a nasty cold I'm trying to shake but I keep coughing myself awake every night and not getting any sleep. And the weather has gone to crap both here and there and everywhere in between during Saturday when I wanted to drive there and back.

I had a cold the week after I left Denver. I think I caught it on the plane on the way home. I'm good now.
Kansas 914
I hope you get to feeling better - tow words - ginger snaps!

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 18 2010, 07:35 PM) *

QUOTE(Gint @ Feb 18 2010, 04:52 PM) *

I had a cold the week after I left Denver. I think I caught it on the plane on the way home. I'm good now.

tat2dphreak
by this time tomorrow Bill and I will be nearing KS biggrin.gif I'm fired up!
montoya 73 2.0
I'll say it first, Good luck boys and girls! smilie_pokal.gif Make us proud!!!! grouphug.gif

No beer3.gif until after!!!
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 18 2010, 04:23 PM) *

My car is all packed and I have done everything to it I can think of. Wish I had gotten the rear tires balanced but too late now. I will be rolling out of Memphis by 7:00 central time. Only a mere 805 miles to the destination. My cell number is 909-484-6977. Feel free to call anytime if you are bored. I am sure I could use a wake up call every now and then. I am hoping to make Little Rock before I have to stop and put the top back on. Rock on and see you all in 12 or 13 hours if all goes well.

Donald is on the road screaming towards Kansas. He is experiencing some mechanical problems with fuel / injection with sporadic hesitation at speed. He mentioned having a non stock inline fuel filter installed yesterday. If anyone here can help Donald diagnose the problem, give him a call....

hot_shoe914
156 miles down, 641 more to go!
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 18 2010, 09:56 PM) *

Made a pit stop at a fellow teener owner's house. Back on the road again
Sleepin
How far have you made it so far? Rooting for you, especially after the triple dog dare!
Kansas 914
Very cool - still at the shop - Ed has been up about 24 hours.

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 18 2010, 11:34 PM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 18 2010, 09:56 PM) *

Made a pit stop at a fellow teener owner's house. Back on the road again

hot_shoe914
QUOTE(RobW @ Feb 18 2010, 09:55 PM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 18 2010, 04:23 PM) *

My car is all packed and I have done everything to it I can think of. Wish I had gotten the rear tires balanced but too late now. I will be rolling out of Memphis by 7:00 central time. Only a mere 805 miles to the destination. My cell number is . Feel free to call anytime if you are bored. I am sure I could use a wake up call every now and then. I am hoping to make Little Rock before I have to stop and put the top back on. Rock on and see you all in 12 or 13 hours if all goes well.

Donald is on the road screaming towards Kansas. He is experiencing some mechanical problems with fuel / injection with sporadic hesitation at speed. He mentioned having a non stock inline fuel filter installed yesterday. If anyone here can help Donald diagnose the problem, give him a call....

Okay folks, I have worked my magic(which means I have no clue what the hell I did) and she is no back to running smooth as silk. smilie_pokal.gif
bandjoey
Dons phone number is wrong. I get a disconnected message. Anyone have the right one?
rick 918-S
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Feb 18 2010, 11:54 PM) *

Dons phone number is wrong. I get a disconnected message. Anyone have the right one?

Looks like Rob talked to him. I sent Rob a text to see what number he used to call him.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Feb 18 2010, 11:54 PM) *

901-484-6977
rick 918-S
Just talked to Donald. He's about a half an hour from Oklahoma rolling along about 85 mph. The car is running fine. If the build team has time I think he could use a hand with his head lights. They are working but not aimed very well. I've driven the Alien all night long before head light are a good thing.

Be safe Donald! driving.gif
hot_shoe914
310 miles down, 495 miles to go. Cutting a trail through Oklahoma now!
Kansas 914
First test video from the build site. This is about 2 hours of work we did after we ate dinner. All the work was being done in the engine compartment fixing some firewall "plumbing" issues.

Enjoy - real noticeable progress Friday!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OWar2u2Pfg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OWar2u2Pfg

Added youtube tags to video url - Gint
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Feb 19 2010, 01:38 AM) *

First test video from the build site. This is about 2 hours of work we did after we ate dinner. All the work was being done in the engine compartment fixing some firewall "plumbing" issues.

[url=

DINNER? WTF.gif

Nobody said anything abot dinner! My last meal was 12 hours ago. Damn it, I knew I should have driving.gif faster!
Cevan
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Feb 19 2010, 02:38 AM) *

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OWar2u2Pfg

Hey, at :49 Ed looks like he's just watching. I hope you're puuting him to work. biggrin.gif

Great job you guys, wish I was there.

You should post a few short videos done at real time with audio.
hot_shoe914
615 miles down, 189 more to go. Running a little behind. Had to go back & pick up the pieces of my car that fell off.
bandjoey
It's like you guys are barely moving in the video? Common Pick up the Pace poke.gif
Update the parts list before Wayne and I leave tonight, to see if there's anything else we can find to bring.

Happy Wrenching!
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 19 2010, 04:51 AM) *

615 miles down, 189 more to go. Running a little behind. Had to go back & pick up the pieces of my car that fell off.

blink.gif

How come I get the impression that you're going to show up wearing aviator goggles and have bugs stuck on your face....
Kansas 914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 19 2010, 06:51 AM) *

I have duct tape here - we can fix it.

I am up (didn't I just go to bed - at least I got some sleep).

Headed for coffee.

Be safe Donald.

Cheers!
jt914-6
Just talked to Don....He is a couple hundred miles away....He had some windshield trim blown off by a 18 wheeler coming the opposite direction and had to stop and retrieve it....Said he was looking for a place to get out and "wake up". That incident did the job plus having to find the missing trim.....He does though need to fix his left headlight as it is pointing down.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.