Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Lee Cyr 914 Memorial Build Off Classic! BUTTERCUP IS RUNNING
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
jt914-6
A click on the link....worked for me.....Did I see Doc giving Buttercup an I.V.?????
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 21 2010, 06:14 AM) *

birthday3.gif smilie_pokal.gif

agree.gif birthday3.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Feb 21 2010, 08:37 AM) *

Day 3 Video I can see it when I log into YouTube but evidently no one else can?

I verified it is a public file and it is uploaded and processed - weird.

The link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuFc-MSrzVw

Please let me know if it works...

Its working. Thanks Mike... it is awesome to see your progress. Hoping for a drive today!!!
JoeSharp
This is looking really good. Is she running yet? Are you guys and girls going to have time for the R/C cars?
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 21 2010, 10:08 AM) *

Hey! I just woke up to find that I was left behind at the hotel sad.gif I dont have anyones number, or a way over to the shop......I took the Beano, its not my fault sad2.gif Can I come over and play?

Doc's fine just spoke with him. He's assembling a door. Cool!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Feb 21 2010, 11:25 AM) *

This is looking really good. Is she running yet? Are you guys and girls going to have time for the R/C cars?

agree.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Gint
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Feb 21 2010, 09:37 AM) *
Please let me know if it works...
The link works fine Mike.

BTW, I've been editing all of your thread replies that contain youtube video. If you post another youtube video, take the file name from the URL and enclose it in youtube tags that McMark created a while back. Your last youtube url was: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuFc-MSrzVw Take just the file name "BuFc-MSrzVw" and put it in youtube tags like this:

CODE
[youtube]BuFc-MSrzVw[/youtube]

And you end up with embedded youtube video right here in the thread.
jsayre914
cheer.gif

This is the best thread EVER!!

nice work everybody
hot_shoe914
Lots closer now. Backpad is in, door panels installed and about to do the windshield seal. Decided she needed to be ready to be driven when she is started.
Betty
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Betty @ Feb 21 2010, 12:46 PM) *

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

agree.gif smilie_flagge24.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 21 2010, 10:56 AM) *

QUOTE(Betty @ Feb 21 2010, 12:46 PM) *

agree.gif smilie_flagge24.gif

Need music.

rock_band.gif

monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif

clap23.gif

montoya 73 2.0
birthday3.gif Elissa!

Everyone there needs a big grouphug.gif This is awesome!! flag.gif

Buttercup is going to be one of the best looking cars ever! drooley.gif

I believe "Buttercup - Lee" should receive COTM!!!
hot_shoe914
Buttercup LIVES!!!. Video to follow!
flipb
Guys, just a heads-up: Buttercup is in the running for COTM!

Someone should post some photos/videos to the COTM thread as soon as possible to garner some more votes!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 21 2010, 02:09 PM) *

Buttercup LIVES!!!. Video to follow!

We can hardly stand the suspense! aktion035.gif boldblue.gif girlboing.gif
rick 918-S
I just had a thought. I didn't notice in any of the videos... Did anyone ever bleed the brakes? huh.gif unsure.gif
amazing_otter
Prettiest noise I've ever heard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it5x6qqo-7s

Edit: not sure what's going on with the embedding, so here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it5x6qqo-7s
rick 918-S
smile.gif Linky no worky... smile.gif
ejm
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 21 2010, 03:42 PM) *

I just had a thought. I didn't notice in any of the videos... Did anyone ever bleed the brakes? huh.gif unsure.gif

Mike and I did that while Wayne and Evil where filling the tranny
rick 918-S
QUOTE(ejm @ Feb 21 2010, 02:55 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 21 2010, 03:42 PM) *

Mike and I did that while Wayne and Evil where filling the tranny

biggrin.gif
Ferg
smilie_pokal.gif You guys rock!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(amazing_otter @ Feb 21 2010, 02:49 PM) *

This is one of the best events ever held!
bandjoey
What. A. Time!
Wayne and I had 2 hours of snow and ice and then it started clearing up. We're trucking south towards Witchita Falls in the clear eating cookies. Can't wait to see the videos. Y'all missed one big adventure by not coming.
beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Feb 21 2010, 03:27 PM) *

What. A. Time!
Wayne and I had 2 hours of snow and ice and then it started clearing up. We're trucking south towards Witchita Falls in the clear eating cookies. Can't wait to see the videos. Y'all missed one big adventure by not coming.
beerchug.gif

Safe travels guys!
dennisc
My hat's off to you guys!!!
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 21 2010, 01:01 PM) *

QUOTE(amazing_otter @ Feb 21 2010, 02:49 PM) *

This is one of the best events ever held!

Awesome! cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
tat2dphreak
We just pulled into the metroplex in ft worth!
john grier
popcorn[1].gif
Inquireing minds want to know.
Is Buttercup complete?
Did everyone go home?
Did anyone take her for a drive?
A drive, Yes that is what we want to see! driving.gif
Oh and a big hats off to all who worked on this and donated parts.
Cevan
You guys truly aktion035.gif . Amazing what you did in 3 days.
FourBlades

Congratulations to all involved. smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

John
rick 918-S
QUOTE(john grier @ Feb 21 2010, 06:51 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif
Inquiring minds want to know.
Is Buttercup complete?
Did everyone go home?

agree.gif To all of the above! biggrin.gif pray.gif You guys are awesome! pray.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 21 2010, 05:14 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif
Is Buttercup complete?
Did everyone go home?

agree.gif To all of the above! biggrin.gif pray.gif You guys are awesome! pray.gif

agree.gif

The burning question is, has Elissa learned to drive a stick, and, if she learns to drive a stick on the 914 pattern will that ruin her for all other cars?
rick 918-S
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Feb 21 2010, 07:23 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 21 2010, 05:14 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif
Is Buttercup complete?
Did everyone go home?

agree.gif

The burning question is, has Elissa learned to drive a stick, and, if she learns to drive a stick on the 914 pattern will that ruin her for all other cars?

Oh that's right! driving-girl.gif She was learning to drive a stick. driving-girl.gif My 22 year old son could help you with that. smile.gif Ok, just sayin.. rolleyes.gif

bandjoey
Day 3 video ended at 1.30am..it was a tough build but almost complete. Ed, Clay, Dr, and a few others stayed most of the day on Sunday working, and we'll get a more complete report soon. I think it's 80%. It's the small stuff that takes time but Mary has the car in the 9th inning and she's ahead! Great Family. We'll be seeing more her here here soon, I think. driving-girl.gif driving-girl.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Feb 21 2010, 07:51 PM) *

Day 3 video ended at 1.30am..it was a tough build but almost complete. Ed, Clay, Dr, and a few others stayed most of the day on Sunday working, and we'll get a more complete report soon. I think it's 80%. It's the small stuff that takes time but Mary has the car in the 9th inning and she's ahead! Great Family. We'll be seeing more her here here soon, I think. driving-girl.gif driving-girl.gif

Thanks for the up date Bill! You all did an amazing thing this weekend. pray.gif
Bill Smith
Nice Work Everyone - hats off to you
IV
championgt1
IMO Someone that was there should write a story about this, complete with pictures and send it in to Panorama or Excellence to be published. This is the kind of thing people love to read about. Great job guys!! pray.gif
oldschool
Yes I'm getting the raw footage and cutting a video for a future Porsche 914 TV program, That I'm getting together, aktion035.gif Just seeking some funding,So all you 914 lover and builder look out. cause I may be a calling,for your story. shades.gif
SirAndy
Nice! smilie_pokal.gif

Wish i could have been there ...
sad.gif Andy
amazing_otter
Hello everyone-

First, a HUGE thank you to EVERYONE who worked so hard to make the Lee Cyr Memorial Build Off Classic a success. The entire weekend was absolutely amazing.

Mike (kansas914), Dr. Evil, Ed (ejm), and Donald (hot_shoe914) took off for the other side of Kansas around 9pm, where they'll be spending the night at Mike's house before heading on to their respective homes.

While we didn't get to drive Buttercup far (a combination of terrible weather and a few parts that weren't working right that the guys will be able to fill you in on better than I can), my mother was able to start her and drive in reverse about 10 feet to get her off the lift. So we can officially say that Buttercup drove on her own!

To those that were curious- I've had a couple stick driving lessons, have plans for more, and hope to get to drive Buttercup the next time I come home to Kansas (early summer?!?). We did take plenty of pictures of me in the driver's seat posing, though!

There will be more photos posted to my flickr account tonight and through the rest of the week. I'll try to drop by here with some of the best when I get a chance.

Again, thank you so much to everyone who had any part in this. You all made my family very happy, especially my mother, and we cannot thank you enough. It was great getting to meet those of you that made it down, and I hope I'll get to meet more of you in the future.

One more photo-
IPB Image

-Elissa
Gint
smilie_pokal.gif Nice!
number6
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 21 2010, 06:22 PM) *

You all did an amazing thing this weekend. pray.gif

You guys rock! pray.gif

And the car is beautiful! smilie_pokal.gif
bandjoey
Hi Ellissa U did a great job with pictures. How do we access the flicker account?
rick 918-S
Here's the Flicker Link.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/elissashortridge
markb
Well done!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(amazing_otter @ Feb 21 2010, 10:33 PM) *

Mike (kansas914), Dr. Evil, Ed (ejm), and Donald (hot_shoe914) took off for the other side of Kansas around 9pm, where they'll be spending the night at Mike's house before heading on to their respective homes.

Just a quick note that Ed, Hot_Shoe, Dr Evil and I arrived in Wichita safe and sound - wild ride at times with Hot_Shoe doing donuts in McDonald's parking lot!!

Cheers and Good night!
Kansas 914
Day 4 Video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtXBmK1W4F8
EdwardBlume
Very cool! Thanks Mike for providing such cool video picts of the event... beerchug.gif
hwgunner
Job Well Done!!!!!!!! smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.