Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Lee Cyr 914 Memorial Build Off Classic! BUTTERCUP IS RUNNING
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
hot_shoe914
Okay, so do I get extra credit if I drive one of my teeners 620 miles to the build off? Just a thought I have been thinking the last few days.

confused24.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jan 14 2010, 07:51 PM) *

Okay, so do I get extra credit if I drive one of my teeners 620 miles to the build off? Just a thought I have been thinking the last few days.

confused24.gif

A journey like that in February from this part of the country would be a serious adventure! Hey, The gas milage would be great! Bring it!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 14 2010, 11:04 PM) *

A journey like that in February from this part of the country would be a serious adventure! Hey, The gas milage would be great! Bring it!

Pick the one with the best heater/defroster! biggrin.gif
Mary Shortridge
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jan 14 2010, 09:51 PM) *

confused24.gif

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheer.gif
rick 918-S
It would be nice to have a car there to eyeball as a reference. Oh ya, that's right. Not an issue. Ed, Dr. Evil and Clay will be there for sure. This is going to be a walk in the park.

Oh, But I double dog dare ya to drive one out! happy11.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 16 2010, 12:41 AM) *

It would be nice to have a car there to eyeball as a reference. Oh ya, that's right. Not an issue. Ed, Dr. Evil and Clay will be there for sure. This is going to be a walk in the park.

Well shit, you would have to go and double dog dare me. Well, Taking it on it's first road trip tomorrow, so I can see how she holds up. Will let you know how it turns out.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jan 15 2010, 11:06 PM) *

Well shit, you would have to go and double dog dare me. Well, Taking it on it's first road trip tomorrow, so I can see how she holds up. Will let you know how it turns out.

lol-2.gif popcorn[1].gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jan 16 2010, 01:06 AM) *

You are going to freeze your @ss off!!!!
hot_shoe914
[/quote]

Well, she didn't make the road trip. In fact, she never made it out of town nor did she make it back home. sheeplove.gif She is actually spending the night on the side of the interstate under a bridge. If she is still there in the morning I will attempt to fix her. welder.gif If she isn't, I will simply file an insurance claim. aktion035.gif

Clay, she has a heater that is hotter than a boat full of naked Playboy Bunnies.
bandjoey
Hay Wayne. This is a wild hare idea...let me know if you think it'd work.

I've been reading this thread since inception knowing I couldn't go. sad.gif New job started last week and I can't get off on Friday. At the worst, I'm looking forward to the web cam being online to watch smile.gif

If you're in the same boat on time....
Google maps shows a 10 hour drive. We take the back seats out of my minivan and throw in a blow up airmatress. Watch it guys! shades.gif Leave out of here Friday after work and be there Saturday am. Drive in shifts and sleep on the way. About $60 each for gas round trip. Get a cheap motel somewhere for Sat. night, or sleep in the truck/shop. Leave out of there Sunday am.

Just an idea.. driving.gif Bill
tat2dphreak
that's a great idea, Bill! let's go for it!

we can use the CR-V for about 27 mpg, if you prefer...
Kansas 914
Wayne/Bill

Great thinking - would love for you guys to make it!

QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jan 17 2010, 11:41 AM) *

rick 918-S
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Jan 17 2010, 09:50 AM) *

Wayne/Bill

Great thinking - would love for you guys to make it!

QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jan 17 2010, 11:41 AM) *

agree.gif thumb3d.gif thumb3d.gif
tat2dphreak
I can also get off friday, so we can leave as early as convenient for you... I'll probably work from home the monday after, to re-coop
bandjoey
OK Wayne. Right now I'm 98% sure I'll can do this if you can. Will be 100% in the morning. Will PM you and work on the details.

Either car is ok. I get about 24 on the hwy. U pick. I probably can't get out the door on Friday until 4-5ish and need to be back by at least 10-11 on Sunday night and 8am Work on Monday and no time to recoop.

If only we knew a benefactor with an airplane.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jan 17 2010, 05:02 PM) *

OK Wayne. Right now I'm 98% sure I'll can do this if you can. Will be 100% in the morning. Will PM you and work on the details.

Either car is ok. I get about 24 on the hwy. U pick. I probably can't get out the door on Friday until 4-5ish and need to be back by at least 10-11 on Sunday night and 8am Work on Monday and no time to recoop.

If you pay for the block time plane rental, I will do the flying. (Yes, I have a license......)

The average light plane will cut 50% off the travel time. If this is a 10 hour drive, it would be 5 hours in the plane. Faster is more expensive to rent.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 18 2010, 11:44 AM) *

If you pay for the block time plane rental, I will do the flying. (Yes, I have a license......)

The average light plane will cut 50% off the travel time. If this is a 10 hour drive, it would be 5 hours in the plane. Faster is more expensive to rent.

what kind of $ are we talking?
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jan 18 2010, 11:51 AM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 18 2010, 11:44 AM) *

what kind of $ are we talking?

Probably in the range of 100 bucks an hour for a Cherokee Arrow (fairly fast low wing retract. That is just flying time. You still have to pay "block time" for the hours it sits at the airport away from home. And because I don't have an instrument rating, we risk getting stuck in Kansas due to weather.

Not really practical in this case.

Gint
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 18 2010, 10:44 AM) *
Can you reach the pedals? happy11.gif
tat2dphreak
Probably in the range of 100 bucks an hour for a Cherokee Arrow (fairly fast low wing retract. That is just flying time. You still have to pay "block time" for the hours it sits at the airport away from home. And because I don't have an instrument rating, we risk getting stuck in Kansas due to weather.

Not really practical in this case.

umm, yea, not practical at all I don't think smile.gif

considering the AA tix were too $$ to begin with, and that is considerably more.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 18 2010, 11:57 AM) *

boid.gif

Yes.. and I don't hit my head walking under the wing of a Cessna either.

bandjoey
I've a friend with a Viking and it's about $600 round trip on a quick estimate just for fuel. Add tiedown, oil etc. and transportation costs are toooo much for me. Plane rental + fuel = ticket on America.
Gint
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 18 2010, 11:00 AM) *
av-943.gif bye1.gif
bandjoey
Wayne, I'll be free and will call you in a couple of hours.
tat2dphreak
sounds good bill, couple hrs will be fine
bandjoey
Registration sent in.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jan 18 2010, 01:35 PM) *

Registration sent in.

Registration Received!!

Thanks Bill - great effort!
Sleepin

boid.gif

That is talent! stirthepot.gif happy11.gif

IPB Image
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Jan 18 2010, 01:40 PM) *

boid.gif

That is talent! stirthepot.gif happy11.gif

IPB Image

more like this Cessna.....

IPB Image
bandjoey
Sleepin is that an offer to come pick us all up? Sweet plane.
bandjoey
Can you update the attendeeee list and parts list? I might have some of the little stuff that I can bring?? robot.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jan 18 2010, 08:44 PM) *

Can you update the attendeeee list and parts list? I might have some of the little stuff that I can bring?? robot.gif

Check the link in Mike's signature space at the bottom of his posts for a link to the parts list. We will know more after the recon mission at the end of the month. 1-30-10
Dr Evil
Just an FYI, I have Mary's steering column and plugs for her gear box smile.gif

I hope to find the needed switch next week when I have a sec to start looking, but that should be all I need. smile.gif

I'll bring the rebuilt units back with me for the build.
hot_shoe914
So, if my teener croaks on the way to Garden City, you guys gonna patch it back together well enough to get me back home? confused24.gif
bandjoey
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jan 19 2010, 10:13 PM) *

So, if my teener croaks on the way to Garden City, you guys gonna patch it back together well enough to get me back home? confused24.gif

I'm bringing 2 extra rolls of duct tape and some octane boost if that'll help. How bout driving the Caddy? poke.gif
rick 918-S
Oooo.. I just googled your distance. That's a drive in a 914. How is it running?
tat2dphreak
How is it running?

I think he said it broke down this PAST weekend...

brave man...
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 20 2010, 07:19 PM) *

Oooo.. I just googled your distance. That's a drive in a 914. How is it running?

Currently running like a top and shifting almost as sweet as my Bee. Heater makes me sweat and it has 4 new tires and new shocks on the rear. I get my hands on new struts the double dog dare is on! beerchug.gif driving.gif aktion035.gif
Mary Shortridge
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jan 21 2010, 12:22 AM) *

Currently running like a top and shifting almost as sweet as my Bee. Heater makes me sweat and it has 4 new tires and new shocks on the rear. I get my hands on new struts the double dog dare is on! beerchug.gif driving.gif aktion035.gif

I've got two KYB Gas MacPherson Strut replacement cartridges I ordered from AA that I didn't end up using. (The shop here rebuilt using their own struts.) Let me know if they are what you need and if you want me to mail them to you.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ Jan 21 2010, 04:53 AM) *

I've got two KYB Gas MacPherson Strut replacement cartridges I ordered from AA that I didn't end up using. (The shop here rebuilt using their own struts.) Let me know if they are what you need and if you want me to mail them to you.

That's Cool! laugh.gif Hard to get out of that double dog dare with an offer like that! laugh.gif

hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ Jan 21 2010, 06:53 AM) *

That would be awesome Mary. just let me know how much and I will send you the money. I was going to try and use something other than KYB but since I can buy 2 of those for the price of 1 of the Bilsteins that is what I had decided to use. I will pm you my shipping address and info.
Mary Shortridge
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jan 21 2010, 08:20 AM) *

QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ Jan 21 2010, 06:53 AM) *

That would be awesome Mary. just let me know how much and I will send you the money. I was going to try and use something other than KYB but since I can buy 2 of those for the price of 1 of the Bilsteins that is what I had decided to use. I will pm you my shipping address and info.

Finally, I get to help somebody on 914world! I'll get them in the mail, as soon as I find a box the right size. I'll let you know when they are on their way.
hot_shoe914

:

Finally, I get to help somebody on 914world! I'll get them in the mail, as soon as I find a box the right size. I'll let you know when they are on their way.

Thanks a million Mary. Also, just for the record. you have already helped somebody on 914World. You have helped everyone by allowing us to do what we do best, share the love of our rusty little cars. It is really nice to see how this entire group has come together as one to do what they are doing. If that isn't helping us, then I don't know what is. You ROCK Mary!!! aktion035.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jan 21 2010, 09:17 PM) *

:

Thanks a million Mary. Also, just for the record. you have already helped somebody on 914World. You have helped everyone by allowing us to do what we do best, share the love of our rusty little cars. It is really nice to see how this entire group has come together as one to do what they are doing. If that isn't helping us, then I don't know what is. You ROCK Mary!!! aktion035.gif

agree.gif aktion035.gif driving-girl.gif aktion035.gif driving.gif
rick 918-S
Here's the latest from my end of the world. I have a flight scheduled from MN to Denver on january 29th. I arrive at 10:37 am Denver time. I'm meeting up with Gint for a road trip to Garden City. The Recon Mission is nearing. Stay tuned! assimilate.gif
Gint
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 22 2010, 01:11 PM) *
Here's the latest from my end of the world. I have a flight scheduled from MN to Denver on january 29th. I arrive at 10:37 am Denver time. I'm meeting up with Gint for a road trip to Garden City. The Recon Mission is nearing. Stay tuned! assimilate.gif
monkeydance.gif w00t2.gif driving.gif
Call me when you land and I'll pic you up at the airport. We can blast off around 1 or 2!
Mary Shortridge
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jan 21 2010, 11:17 PM) *

:

The struts are on their way. Should arrive in 2-3 days she said, via USPS. Good luck!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 22 2010, 03:43 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 22 2010, 01:11 PM) *
monkeydance.gif w00t2.gif driving.gif
Call me when you land and I'll pic you up at the airport. We can blast off around 1 or 2!

I may be bringing my oldest son Aric along. He's a good natural wrench. He's checking his work schedule for Monday the 1st. If he works the graveyard shift at the hospital he'll be good to go.

This is going to be fun!

BTW: Aric is a Golf/Jetta owner and enthusist. He'll be right at home in your new ride!
Gint
I finally got around to filling out the form. smile.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 24 2010, 11:21 AM) *

I finally got around to filling out the form. smile.gif

HI MIke,

The form was received - thanks a million and I will see you next weekend for the recon mission!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.