Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Lee Cyr 914 Memorial Build Off Classic! BUTTERCUP IS RUNNING
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
rick 918-S
I just got the word my son Aric has to work so it's just me for the recon mission. The extra hand would have been nice but we'll handle it as planned.
hot_shoe914
[/quote]
The struts are on their way. Should arrive in 2-3 days she said, via USPS. Good luck!
[/quote]

Thanks very very much Mary, I will let you know when they arrive. I took the car on a 400 mile run this weekend and she performed awesomely. Definitely needs the struts though but other than a bulb and some headlights that like to turn themselves off once in awhile it was a pretty good trip. Also RobW has felt the desire to bump me from Rick's double dog dare up to a triple dog dare. It looks so far like there will be at least one other 914 in attendance other than Buttercup! beer3.gif
Mary Shortridge
[quote name='hot_shoe914' date='Jan 24 2010, 08:22 PM' post='1265291']
[/quote]
The struts are on their way. Should arrive in 2-3 days she said, via USPS. Good luck!
[/quote]

Thanks very very much Mary, I will let you know when they arrive. I took the car on a 400 mile run this weekend and she performed awesomely. Definitely needs the struts though but other than a bulb and some headlights that like to turn themselves off once in awhile it was a pretty good trip. Also RobW has felt the desire to bump me from Rick's double dog dare up to a triple dog dare. It looks so far like there will be at least one other 914 in attendance other than Buttercup! beer3.gif
[/quote]
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have ordered fabulous weather for the build weekend!
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Jan 24 2010, 11:29 AM) *

QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 24 2010, 11:21 AM) *

I finally got around to filling out the form. smile.gif

HI MIke,

The form was received - thanks a million and I will see you next weekend for the recon mission!

Did I send in the form? I think I did...... confused24.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 25 2010, 12:01 PM) *

HI MIke,

The form was received - thanks a million and I will see you next weekend for the recon mission!

Yes sir - I have it here - you are done with that part of the process!
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Jan 25 2010, 12:06 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 25 2010, 12:01 PM) *

HI MIke,

Yes sir - I have it here - you are done with that part of the process!

When do I get my shirt and how do I order a second one for Betty?
Kansas 914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 25 2010, 12:08 PM) *

When do I get my shirt and how do I order a second one for Betty?

We will be placing an order for the shirts after this weekend so they will be done by the build.

You can click on the link in my signature and send a PayPal to Rob Ways (PayPal = edwardblume) or fill out the form - but select shirt only under "Availability" on the form.

"I can't make the build - but I will help by buying a shirt"

Let me know if you have any questions!
hot_shoe914
[quote name='Mary Shortridge' date='Jan 24 2010, 08:48 PM' post='1265301']
[quote name='hot_shoe914' date='Jan 24 2010, 08:22 PM' post='1265291']
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have ordered fabulous weather for the build weekend!
[/quote]

Struts arrived today Mary!! Car did great on it's first test roadtrip this weekend. I will hurry and get these installed and make a couple more runs then a valve adjustment and oil change and she should be ready for a Buttercup Double & Triple Dog Dare run!! driving.gif aktion035.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Mary Shortridge
Buttercup is safely housed in Luke's shop, ready to meet all the wonderful 914World members at the Lee Cyr Memroial Build Off Classic Event! I'll be excited to put some new photos on in the next couple of days, as I start moving the mountain of parts from the body shop, and the boxes and boxes of parts from home. Sunny and 50 degrees today, we are hoping for at least that nice of weather when you arrive in Garden City! Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
rick 918-S
There is still time for all 914 guys and girls to get in on the fun. Sign up info is on the first post and in Mike Moormans signature space. I'm not as cleaver as mike so I don't have it linked.. screwy.gif biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
Dont miss out on a chance to meet the (in)famous Dr. Evil happy11.gif

(shameless self promotion)
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 16 2010, 12:41 AM) *

It would be nice to have a car there to eyeball as a reference. Oh ya, that's right. Not an issue. Ed, Dr. Evil and Clay will be there for sure. This is going to be a walk in the park.

Oh, But I double dog dare ya to drive one out! happy11.gif

Wondering that since Rick threw down the gauntlet with his double dog dare, if he is going to paint my car while I am there if I bring the paint. poke.gif slap.gif

p.s. You can make Rob do the prep work and tape it off since he tossed put the triple dog dare.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jan 27 2010, 07:29 PM) *

It would be nice to have a car there to eyeball as a reference. Oh ya, that's right. Not an issue. Ed, Dr. Evil and Clay will be there for sure. This is going to be a walk in the park.

Wondering that since Rick threw down the gauntlet with his double dog dare, if he is going to paint my car while I am there if I bring the paint. poke.gif slap.gif

p.s. You can make Rob do the prep work and tape it off since he tossed put the triple dog dare.

idea.gif whip[1].gif Get to work Rob! lol-2.gif lol-2.gif
Gint
QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ Jan 27 2010, 04:31 PM) *
Sunny and 50 degrees today, we are hoping for at least that nice of weather when you arrive in Garden City!
I'm going to need a weather report Friday around noon Mary. We've got snow for tonight and it looks like it will hit southern KS as well. But by Friday the roads should be clear I hope. If so Rick and I can drive the quite comfy car (with no snow tires). Or dare I say it... maybe even a 914.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 27 2010, 07:52 PM) *

QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ Jan 27 2010, 04:31 PM) *
Sunny and 50 degrees today, we are hoping for at least that nice of weather when you arrive in Garden City!
I'm going to need a weather report Friday around noon Mary. We've got snow for tonight and it looks like it will hit southern KS as well. But by Friday the roads should be clear I hope. If so Rick and I can drive the quite comfy car (with no snow tires). Or dare I say it... maybe even a 914.

unsure.gif huh.gif w00t.gif aktion035.gif driving.gif
bandjoey
How many are on the Feb build?
Kansas 914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jan 29 2010, 12:41 PM) *

How many are on the Feb build?

Great question!

We should be at 8 people on the car and maybe just as many (probably more) "Friends of Buttercup" in the support group.

Mary Shortridge
Boxes, and boxes, and boxes of parts. One table is piled high with parts from 914World members. Bumpers, rocker panels, windshield, targa top, more boxes... Engine being delivered tomorrow... THREE kinds of home made cookies. Buttercup is as ready I know how to make her, for Rick, Mike and Mike. Thanks to everyone for your continued support!
bandjoey
Put out a final parts needed list next week and we'll see if we can bring anything. santa_smiley.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ Jan 29 2010, 07:55 PM) *

Boxes, and boxes, and boxes of parts. One table is piled high with parts from 914World members. Bumpers, rocker panels, windshield, targa top, more boxes... Engine being delivered tomorrow... THREE kinds of home made cookies. Buttercup is as ready I know how to make her, for Rick, Mike and Mike. Thanks to everyone for your continued support!

Mary,
Betty wants to know if there is a set of stainless steel fuel lines. After her engine fire, we consider them mandatory.

EdwardBlume
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 29 2010, 07:33 PM) *

QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ Jan 29 2010, 07:55 PM) *

Mary,
Betty wants to know if there is a set of stainless steel fuel lines. After her engine fire, we consider them mandatory.

Appreciated thanks.. my understanding is that there are custom steel brake lines installed in the center channel for fuel... thanks again!
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 27 2010, 07:45 PM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jan 27 2010, 07:29 PM) *

idea.gif whip[1].gif Get to work Rob! lol-2.gif lol-2.gif

You want me to do prep work? Yeah, that would come out really good! If you like the Partridge Family bus...
Gint
We're trying to figure out exactly where these bright/fuzzy strips go. Obviously a left and right with a slight curve.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Dr Evil
Those go in the door on the outside of the window. The fuzzy strips are very expensive for what they are (Like $70 ea). They are to clean and protect the window. There are like 3 screws (that are usually rusted to poo) that go through the fuzz and hold the assembly on. They suck to install if the window is in place. The channel on top is for the window squeeqie seal.
Dr Evil
The fuzzy part is # 914-531-957-10-OEM at Pelican and are $64.50 ea.
Gint
Mike (Doc Evil), Mike, (Kansas 914) asks; "Do you have the steering wheel as well as the column?"

I think you guys are confusing the bottom part with the top pictured on top. We're trying to identify the top part.

Click to view attachment

Dr Evil
I still believe it is a door part.

I do not have the steering wheel, just the column assembly and I need a TS switch assembly still.

I also have the better drain plugs for her transmission smile.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 30 2010, 03:36 PM) *

I do not have the steering wheel, just the column assembly and I need a TS switch assembly still.

I also have the better drain plugs for her transmission smile.gif

Thanks Doc,

Mary has the wheel - she is recovering it with leather.

I have your TS switch and will bring give you when you come out for the build.
Dr Evil
Oh ya, thats right. What year is yoru car and what year is Mary's? There is a difference in certain years.
Gint
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 30 2010, 02:36 PM) *
Yeah, that's the general consensus around here also. The question is, what door part and where how does it mount?
Kirmizi
Window channel? Mounts inside the door?
Dr Evil
agree.gif

Fuzz always goes towards the window wink.gif
Sleepin
Sent you a text Gint, but is it this piece?

Gint
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Jan 30 2010, 03:54 PM) *
Sent you a text Gint, but is it this piece?
I got it, but I don't really do txt messages.

No, that's not the one. We have one of those for each side, but we also have this other one that I'm asking about. Look at the pic in post #226 in this thread. The bottom assembly in the picture is the same one that you've posted pics of. The top one is the one we can't figure out. Seeing your pic though, it may be the inner one. Wish we had a complete 914 to look at right about now.
Sleepin
QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 30 2010, 05:01 PM) *

Wish we had a complete 914 to look at right about now.

Well if you would have drove one! dumbass.gif lol-2.gif
sixnotfour
chevfordpontiac 50's maybe even chrysler
Kirmizi
C'mon!!
Stop the suspense and tell us what the mystery part was and where it went!!
idea.gif
Mike
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Kirmizi @ Jan 30 2010, 08:35 PM) *

C'mon!!
Stop the suspense and tell us what the mystery part was and where it went!!
idea.gif
Mike

OK we were not her to assemble the car but try to see what was needed for the build off.

I think I figured the part out. I think it goes here in place of the black rubber.

Click to view attachment

Here is the part.

Click to view attachment

Here is a diagram of how I think the part installed. Anyone have a chrome inner window trim at the top edge of their door panel? My 72 doesn't

Click to view attachment

Anyone know if the felt is available?
markb
The felt was still available the last time I checked.
Dr Evil
Yes, see my post with the part number and price above rolleyes.gif
Gint
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Jan 30 2010, 07:02 PM) *

For a guy that wasn't here with or without a 914, you shoot yer mouth off pretty good! poke.gif
Kansas 914
I just got home from the build site and I must say it is going to be an exciting build.

Rick Ollah and Mike Ginter are amazing and we made great progress during the recon mission and the build should hit the streets running!

The engine and transaxle were delivered while we were there Saturday - just aching to be installed.

Just a few VERY short weeks left. Keep an eye on this thread for an updated parts needed list!
Gint
We just got home 30 minutes ago. Just a shade over 5 hours from here. Not bad at all. We're going to watch the end of Daytona and then look at that window chanel fuzzy piece on my 914. Now where's that picture...

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 31 2010, 01:16 AM) *
Yes, see my post with the part number and price above rolleyes.gif
Don't gimme that rolleyes crap... poke.gif wink.gif No, you said outside and these obviously aren't outside. They may be inside, but I don't' know if the fuzzy strips are the same for both in and out anyway.
Mary Shortridge
Saturday was an absolute BLAST, watching Rick, Mike and Mike make sense out of all those boxes of parts. And fire was exciting, too! Luke polished parts like crazy. This little car'll shine! A HUGE THANK YOU for everyone's time and talent on this project. biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
I have compiled quite a list of things that need to be done prior to the event. I will get the info posted by Tuesday evening.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ Jan 31 2010, 01:43 PM) *

Saturday was an absolute BLAST, watching Rick, Mike and Mike make sense out of all those boxes of parts. And fire was exciting, too! Luke polished parts like crazy. This little car'll shine! A HUGE THANK YOU for everyone's time and talent on this project. biggrin.gif

I forgot about the fire! That was fun...

Thanks for the hospitality and all the food - it was non-stop eating. Are you mailing the leftover homemade ginger snaps to Gint?

See you soon!
Gint
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Jan 31 2010, 12:46 PM) *
Are you mailing the leftover homemade ginger snaps to Gint?
Man those things were amazing. I'll do a monkeydance.gif if the mailman shoves those in the mailbox.
rick 918-S
Oh ya! I started the lower bulkhead on fire while brazing the flapper door cable tube. That was exciting. huh.gif

Gint say's be sure to wrap them air tight he's likes his cookies soft. pizza.gif
Dr Evil
Soon smile.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 31 2010, 12:24 PM) *

QUOTE(Sleepin @ Jan 30 2010, 07:02 PM) *

For a guy that wasn't here with or without a 914, you shoot yer mouth off pretty good! poke.gif

Don't worry Gint, I am bringing a '73 that is mostly all original for you to use as reference.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.