Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Lee Cyr 914 Memorial Build Off Classic! BUTTERCUP IS RUNNING
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Feb 19 2010, 10:54 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 20 2010, 12:40 AM) *

We are done for the night. The video is uploading. Pictures will be uploaded in the morning.

All of us are tired, but tomorrow is a big day. We are going to get the motor in and hopefully running.

She is looking GOOD!!!

Day 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK_v5vthKg8

Very nice.... bye1.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 20 2010, 01:58 AM) *

Look at that Hobbit, man!

Kinda funny..... seems that there were two pictures of a Troll posted here.

IPB Image

Mary... it is a pleasure to be here. I am having fun.

rick 918-S
aktion035.gif smilie_pokal.gif Man! That video is cooooll!!! welder.gif smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif slap.gif Hey Clay, nice work on the fresh air stuff. I know how much of a PITA that can be. You get an attaboy for that one!
914Sixer
Looks like and episode of Overhaulin. piratenanner.gif
rick 918-S
Hey Ed! I just Stole this link from Sleepin's thread about his Dad's new 914.

Home Alignment! http://raystrax.com/ha/PDFs/HOME%20ALIGNME...RSCHE%20914.pdf
Mary Shortridge
This event has been something that none of our family will ever forget. It has been the most fun, and the most exhausting, weekend ever. These guys are AMAZING!!! Parts everywhere, and they know what each piece is. (The pile is disappearing, and tables are coming down) NOTHING stops these guys. No offense anyone, but Buttercup is going to be THE most beautiful 914 ever. I can't thank EVERYONE on 914World enough for your support. Any part we have needed, someone has thought to bring or send. (Except metric hardware, I really can't say enough bad stuff about lack of selection in this town.... Fastenall saved our bacon!)
I got to drive Christine, Donald's 914, around town, looking for parts. It was a HOOT! It was warm and sunny, and we had the top off!
~Mary
Betty
It's awesome! Once the video loads all the way you can grab the little button and move it backwards and forwards really quick. Looks funny!

Keep at it everybody! She's starting to look like a real car now. cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

I don't suppose we can get audio of her starting up?
Mary Shortridge
Heres some pics!
Mary Shortridge
And some more....
Mary Shortridge
And the last of the batch. Dad and Elissa are here now, so lots of photos later.
~Mary
MDG
coolest.

Click to view attachment

You should frame this one for the wall in your MD office. Imagine your patient's faces when they realize it's you. huh.gif
Betty
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Feb 20 2010, 07:25 AM) *

Looks like and episode of Overhaulin. piratenanner.gif

Yeah, we can title this one "TeenerHaulin". biggrin.gif
rallysport70
All,

I am pretty new to the 914 world. Reviewing some of the classic threads has given me (false???) confidence to rip my passenger long off and repair it. I've never been one to follow any postings actively, but this one has sparked my interest.

The folks at 914World are amazing, and you are doing a great thing. I wish Mary and Buttercup the best. I hope to get my car finished so I can drive it to one of the events and get to meet some of you.

Best wishes again. smilie_pokal.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(rallysport70 @ Feb 20 2010, 10:24 AM) *

All,

I am pretty new to the 914 world. Reviewing some of the classic threads has given me (false???) confidence to rip my passenger long off and repair it. I've never been one to follow any postings actively, but this one has sparked my interest.

The folks at 914World are amazing, and you are doing a great thing. I wish Mary and Buttercup the best. I hope to get my car finished so I can drive it to one of the events and get to meet some of you.

Best wishes again. smilie_pokal.gif

welcome.png sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif
ellisor3
QUOTE(MDG @ Feb 20 2010, 10:53 AM) *

Could someone tell me the way to the operating room?????

lol-2.gif

Super Job Guys
hot_shoe914
We have taken a lot of pics today and will be getting some posted in a few minutes, stay tuned.

Shoe
rick 918-S
popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
amazing_otter
Mary's daughter, Elissa, here. I've been given the task of uploading photos, so we'll see what we can do.

I'll be uploading them all to my flickr account, so you can check that and we'll get more there as soon as they'll upload.
www.flickr.com/photos/elissashortridge

For now, here's a few favorites.
IPB Image
Our favorite "trunk monkey"

IPB Image
The wheels Don hauled from Tennessee in his 914

IPB Image

More to come on Flickr soon. I just needed to get SOMETHING posted before Don killed me with the anticipation.

A great big thanks to everyone for all their work to make Lee's dream a reality. These past few days have been a blast.

-Elissa
amazing_otter
A few more...

IPB Image

IPB Image
The outside of the shop- all of these cars are here for Buttercup! Parts car is front and center.

IPB Image
Sleepin
Just a note:

For some reason the Photobucket link only works when you leave out the dot so....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/elissashortridge
ejm
pic of Elissa posting pics biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
That's for posting the photos! Keep em coming! popcorn[1].gif
hot_shoe914
Sorry for the temporary stop in the action but we are all sitting around enjoying some amazing Mexican food that Mary & her husband had catered in for us!
rick 918-S
I just need to know. Is the engine close to going in? boldblue.gif Hows the transformation progressing? robot.gif
EdwardBlume
smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif On schedule? sawzall-smiley.gif sawzall-smiley.gif sawzall-smiley.gif

Hey Mary, you know lots of us have 2 914s. We could do this again next year.... shades.gif
rick 918-S
We need a progress report. smilie_pokal.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 20 2010, 07:55 PM) *

I just need to know. I the engine close to going in? boldblue.gif Hows the transformation progressing? robot.gif

motor will be going in soon. Uttercup is on the lift and the install will be happening soon. Also she is already sporting her new wheels & tires.

BREAKING NEWS: CLAY IS STILL SHORT!!!
rick 918-S
Oh your mean! First picking on my buddy Clay then not posting photos of the new wheels!

Oh, and Clay is a black belt. slap.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 20 2010, 06:26 PM) *

Oh your mean! First picking on my buddy Clay then not posting photos of the new wheels!

Oh, and Clay is a black belt. slap.gif

Ninja Trunk Monkey?
jt914-6
Ya'll should get a group mug shot of the helpers and id them by screen names so the rest of who don't know who who is can know..... blink.gif
amazing_otter
Killing two birds with one stone-
Here's Clay being short AND the shiny new wheels!

IPB Image
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(amazing_otter @ Feb 20 2010, 07:29 PM) *

IPB Image

What's the Doc doing? huh.gif
amazing_otter
Motor is in!

IPB Image

Things are happening faster than I can upload pictures... stay tuned.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(amazing_otter @ Feb 20 2010, 09:42 PM) *

Motor is in!

IPB Image

Things are happening faster than I can upload pictures... stay tuned.

WoooHOOOooooo dance.gif rocking nana.gif monkeydance.gif
amazing_otter
Nothing too terribly exciting, but here's the video of Buttercup being lifted up for the first time.

We're having a great time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUEXHVZ41Z8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUEXHVZ41Z8
rick 918-S
Don't forget to get a group shot!

hot_shoe914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 20 2010, 10:27 PM) *

Don't forget to get a group shot!

Maybe all you guys should have brought your butts up here, then you wouldn't ha e to wait for pics and progress reports.
jonferns
aktion035.gif Rock on guys!
amazing_otter
We have a group shot!

IPB Image

Back row L-R: Ron (Mary's husband), Glenn (Lee's good friend), Ed ("Ejm"), Arlyn (Lee's friend and Glenn's brother), Dr. Evil (need I say more?), Bill ("bandjoey"), Mike ("kansas914"), Mary ("MaryShortridge"), and Clay ("Clayperrine")

Front row L-R: Donald ("Hot_shoe914"), Elissa (that would be me...), and Wayne ("tat2dphreak")

Hmm...something seems a little different about this photo....
rick 918-S
Awesome Group Photo!
Dr Evil
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Feb 20 2010, 10:33 PM) *

IPB Image

I am helping the trunk monkey back into the trunk to retrieve some tools. slap.gif

Elissa has done a great job of keeping up with and informing to you all. All that is left to do tomorrow is to get some larger dia fuel hose, install the windshield, and locate a 7mm nut for the clutch. All of the cable hardware in the back was missing, so I spent a good bit of time designing and fabbing a trunnion block for the end of the cable. With luck, we will get over and parts needed bumps tomorrow and the car wont just start, but drive as well.
jt914-6
QUOTE(amazing_otter @ Feb 20 2010, 11:37 PM) *

We have a group shot!

IPB Image

Back row L-R: Ron (Mary's husband), Glenn (Lee's good friend), Ed ("Ejm"), Arlyn (Lee's friend and Glenn's brother), Dr. Evil (need I say more?), Bill ("bandjoey"), Mike ("kansas914"), Mary ("MaryShortridge"), and Clay ("Clayperrine")

Front row L-R: Donald ("Hot_shoe914"), Elissa (that would be me...), and Wayne ("tat2dphreak")

Hmm...something seems a little different about this photo....

The smile on Clay's face is him thinking about how nice it would be to be 6'5"..... poke.gif
ClayPerrine
One thing that was not mentioned...

Elissa (AKA Squirrel Bait) is celebrating her 22nd birthday today. Think of a bunch of tired, dirty weird people singing happy birthday after midnight last night.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 21 2010, 02:47 AM) *

QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Feb 20 2010, 10:33 PM) *

IPB Image

I am helping the trunk monkey back into the trunk to retrieve some tools. slap.gif

Elissa has done a great job of keeping up with and informing to you all. All that is left to do tomorrow is to get some larger dia fuel hose, install the windshield, and locate a 7mm nut for the clutch. All of the cable hardware in the back was missing, so I spent a good bit of time designing and fabbing a trunnion block for the end of the cable. With luck, we will get over and parts needed bumps tomorrow and the car wont just start, but drive as well.

That is Ninja trunk monkey to you.. you quack. chair.gif

scottb
awesome thread and fantastic work guys. am looking forward to the running video later today!

that ninja trunk monkey comment made me spit my coffee on my keyboard. funny stuff!

scott
rick 918-S
birthday3.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Gint
agree.gif Great work gang. And Happy Birthday Elissa!
jonferns
birthday3.gif birthday2.gif
Dr Evil
Hey! I just woke up to find that I was left behind at the hotel sad.gif I dont have anyones number, or a way over to the shop......I took the Beano, its not my fault sad2.gif Can I come over and play?
Kansas 914
Day 3 Video I can see it when I log into YouTube but evidently no one else can?

I verified it is a public file and it is uploaded and processed - weird.

The link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuFc-MSrzVw

Please let me know if it works...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuFc-MSrzVw
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.