Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

48 Pages V « < 43 44 45 46 47 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Lee Cyr 914 Memorial Build Off Classic! BUTTERCUP IS RUNNING, THANK YOU 914WORLD YOU ALL ARE THE BEST! VIDEO POSTED!
VoPo914
post Jul 16 2010, 03:51 PM
Post #881

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,449
Region Association: Northstar Region

I saw Buttercup cruising around the streets of Lincoln the other day-Beautiful 914!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mary Shortridge
post Jul 16 2010, 04:22 PM
Post #882

Member No.: 10,616
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(VoPo914 @ Jul 16 2010, 04:51 PM) *

I saw Buttercup cruising around the streets of Lincoln the other day-Beautiful 914!!

You have a 914??????????? In Lincoln?????????????????
I am going to pick her up next Thursday. I'd love to meet another 'teener driver!
How'd you know it was Buttercup????
+Quote Post
VoPo914
post Jul 17 2010, 07:40 AM
Post #883

There are only few 914s in Lincoln. I've been following the build-up of Buttercup
from the start and when I noticed another 914 on Cornhusker Highway and saw the posts about the visit to Lincoln, I knew it had to be Buttercup! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Blaine
+Quote Post
Kansas 914
post Jul 17 2010, 08:25 AM
Post #884

Advanced Member

Member No.: 373

QUOTE(VoPo914 @ Jul 17 2010, 07:40 AM) *

There are only few 914s in Lincoln. I've been following the build-up of Buttercup
from the start and when I noticed another 914 on Cornhusker Highway and saw the posts about the visit to Lincoln, I knew it had to be Buttercup! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Blaine

If anyone ever wondered about the power of this forum - this is proof. Not just the build of Buttercup (that is a given) but that she now has a new friend in Lincoln, Nebraska. It may not seem like a big deal to some of you - but 914's are a pretty rare sight in the Plain States - I have only seen one driving in Wichta in the 10 years I have lived here, and he is a friend in our German car club.

PS> Blaine - Mary might want to ask you about a good shop that works on 914's in Lincoln - just in case she needs it...
+Quote Post
VoPo914
post Jul 17 2010, 10:59 AM
Post #885

Yes, 914s are a rare site on the plains. I know a great shop that loves 914s, they have been working on VWs since the sixties.
+Quote Post
bandjoey
post Jul 20 2010, 09:00 PM
Post #886

bandjoey

Member No.: 8,156
Region Association: Southwest Region

Are you going to cover the rollbar or leave it yellow. Yours is the first one I've seen painted, and it looks pretty good!
+Quote Post
Mary Shortridge
post Jul 21 2010, 05:51 AM
Post #887

QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jul 20 2010, 10:00 PM) *

Are you going to cover the rollbar or leave it yellow. Yours is the first one I've seen painted, and it looks pretty good!

I didn't know that! I haven't seen many others.... but for now it'll stay yellow. I'm going to see Mike today. I'll look closer at his, if he'll take the top off! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Kansas 914
post Jul 21 2010, 07:23 AM
Post #888

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ Jul 21 2010, 06:51 AM) *

I didn't know that! I haven't seen many others.... but for now it'll stay yellow. I'm going to see Mike today. I'll look closer at his, if he'll take the top off! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Well - yes I will take the top of the red car - but I can already tell you - mine is painted red and not vinyl covered like most (or as it should be) - but then the top is painted body color too.... (Sorry for the washed out orange color by the flash - it is supposed to be Red)

Attached Image
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Jul 21 2010, 07:41 AM
Post #889

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

The vinyl trim was tougher than I thought to install, but not impossible... if you decide to add it, I can give you some tips...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post Jul 28 2010, 01:18 PM
Post #890

on ramp passer

Member No.: 8,354
Region Association: None

just (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) ing this to the top for a new member who hasn't heard about it.

Shoe
+Quote Post
zymurgist
post Jul 28 2010, 01:29 PM
Post #891

"Ace" Mechanic

Member No.: 4,238

QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ Jul 21 2010, 07:51 AM) *

Keep it yellow! Buttercup looks gorgeous!

Especially with the negative PORSCHE stripe. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)
+Quote Post
oldschool
post Jul 28 2010, 04:44 PM
Post #892

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,705
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ Jul 15 2010, 01:29 PM) *

I promise Buttercup will come west in 2011. And I want you all to sign her book!

let me know if u need any more t-shirts (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post
Mary Shortridge
post Jul 29 2010, 01:18 PM
Post #893

Poor Buttercup is having "issues". I got her 80 miles from the Lincoln shop, to dad's house. We were out for a joyride, and she went nuts: tach and fuel gauge went spastic, engine ran rough, brake light quit flashing (it has been flashing for a long time now...) but the alternator light started flashing. Got her back to dad's and did some research and troubleshooting, and we were ELATED when dad and I fixed her! Temporarily, evidently. Anyway, long story but I have great help just phone calls away, and my aircraft mechanic has agreed to help. But today, after she has been running GREAT, she died on the highway. Turns out it is the fuel pump (And also blew a fuse again on #9's black wire). Now to find out why it the fuel pump isn't getting power. But the funny part of the story.... my aircraft mechanic Gary came to my rescue on his Goldwing, and towed me home, about a mile! Sorry, no photo of the actual towing going on, but I did get a photo before he got the strap unhooked. Knew you all would get a kick out of this! (sorry, cell phone photo not so great quality)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Kansas 914
post Jul 29 2010, 01:33 PM
Post #894

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ Jul 29 2010, 02:18 PM) *

Gary came to my rescue on his Goldwing, and towed me home, about a mile! Sorry, no photo of the actual towing going on, but I did get a photo before he got the strap unhooked. Knew you all would get a kick out of this! (sorry, cell phone photo not so great quality)

Mary,

You may have yet another 914World first............
+Quote Post
Mary Shortridge
post Aug 25 2010, 06:04 PM
Post #895

Buttercup is back to running GREAT! Thanks to my aircraft mechanics Mitchell, Ed and Gary. They found the fried wires, and then tweaked some other stuff, and finished my list of stuff I had wanted done, like a 12V accessory plug. And.... Mitchell waxed her over his lunch hour, before he called me to come get her!!! No bird crap on her trunk from these guys! A big THANKS to all the advice via the phone and email, and KS914 loaning me his easy-to-read wiring diagrams. You can see by the photo of the KS Twisty, we are practicing for the Dragon! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Mary Shortridge
post Aug 25 2010, 06:05 PM
Post #896

Ed and Mitchell. (Gary had to go out of town and missed the photo op!)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Mary Shortridge
post Aug 25 2010, 06:07 PM
Post #897

Spliced wires....
The wiring harness slipped off the "shelf" behind the firewall, and ended up down by the pulley on the engine. Stripped insulation... hence melted wires. YIKES! All fixed up, won't happen again!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post Aug 25 2010, 09:06 PM
Post #898

on ramp passer

Member No.: 8,354

QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ Aug 25 2010, 07:04 PM) *

Buttercup is back to running GREAT! Thanks to my aircraft mechanics Mitchell, Ed and Gary. They found the fried wires, and then tweaked some other stuff, and finished my list of stuff I had wanted done, like a 12V accessory plug. And.... Mitchell waxed her over his lunch hour, before he called me to come get her!!! No bird crap on her trunk from these guys! A big THANKS to all the advice via the phone and email, and KS914 loaning me his easy-to-read wiring diagrams. You can see by the photo of the KS Twisty, we are practicing for the Dragon! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

The Dragon is looking forward to meeting you and Buttercup, now if we could get that guy from just outside of Wichita to show up. What was his name again? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)
+Quote Post
bandjoey
post Aug 25 2010, 10:16 PM
Post #899

bandjoey

Member No.: 8,156
Region Association: Southwest Region

OT: Mary, do you fly the Viking in the hanger? Sold my Arrow 111 a few years back and now fly with a friend with a Super Viking here in Fort Worth. He's on a lot of Viking boards, if you fly her and are interested I'll pass his info onto you. Bill
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Aug 25 2010, 10:51 PM
Post #900

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 25 2010, 10:06 PM) *

QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ Aug 25 2010, 07:04 PM) *

The Dragon is looking forward to meeting you and Buttercup, now if we could get that guy from just outside of Wichita to show up. What was his name again? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
+Quote Post

48 Pages V « < 43 44 45 46 47 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:01 AM