Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

29 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WCR2010 - Register Here!, See post 1
biosurfer1
post Jan 16 2010, 10:34 PM
Post #81

Teener fo Life!

Group: Members
Member No.: 977
Region Association: Northern California

Signal orange+flares= (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Shade Tree
post Jan 28 2010, 01:14 PM
Post #82

Member No.: 9,860
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Will there be a swap meet? I need to gain shop space...
+Quote Post
McMark
post Jan 28 2010, 02:37 PM
Post #83

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

I don't know about 'officially', but people have brought trucks of stuff in the past and I don't see any reason you shouldn't be able to this time.
+Quote Post
RoadGlue
post Jan 28 2010, 04:15 PM
Post #84

Sonoma County Gear Head

Group: Admin
Member No.: 108

I thought a mini swap meet during the show n shine would be fun too.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jan 28 2010, 05:08 PM
Post #85

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380

I totally agree. Lots of unofficial shizit goes on. I think it was Joe Sharp with the Neverland RV that fired up the generator and did a bumper backdate in the parking lot of the host hotel in Portland. Why not bring your stuff, yank it out and display it and see if you can go home with a lighter load?
+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post Jan 28 2010, 05:47 PM
Post #86

Get that VIN ?

Member No.: 643
Region Association: Southern California

Have the dates been finalized yet ?
+Quote Post
Jakeodoule
post Jan 28 2010, 09:32 PM
Post #87

Member No.: 9,630

Dates would be good if you want people to commit....
+Quote Post
6freak
post Jan 29 2010, 09:22 AM
Post #88

MR.C

Member No.: 8,829

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)
QUOTE(Jakeodoule @ Jan 28 2010, 07:32 PM) *

Dates would be good if you want people to commit....

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
+Quote Post
computers4kids
post Jan 29 2010, 09:41 AM
Post #89

Love these little cars!

Member No.: 4,253
Region Association: None

QUOTE(6freak @ Jan 29 2010, 07:22 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) Some of us can't just leave at a moments notice...you know, it's almost February. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jan 29 2010, 01:04 PM
Post #90

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181

IIRC - they said that they were waiting for the local PCA meeting at the end of January to get the track time/AX ste-up, in order to finalize the dates.

So as my Dad used to say: "Keep your pants on!" ......... they'll get to it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

BTW - as a kid & teen, I did NOT realize the "other meaning" of that phrase, even after my Mom scolded him for using it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
Todd Enlund
post Jan 29 2010, 01:07 PM
Post #91

Resident Photoshop Guru

Member No.: 8,032

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 24 2009, 09:39 AM) *

Again, not having an autocross is not the end of the world. Most Rambles don't.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

The parking lot BS sessions are the best part of the WCR.
+Quote Post
RiqueMar
post Jan 29 2010, 01:11 PM
Post #92

Enrique Allen Mar

Member No.: 9,478

I think after reading every post here, I'm gonna start up again on my project. It's been untouched for about a month.....
+Quote Post
RoadGlue
post Jan 29 2010, 01:33 PM
Post #93

Sonoma County Gear Head

Sorry to leave everyone hanging, but we were just trying to confirm some stuff before announcing the dates. Unfortunately we weren't able to secure a lot for the auto-x that met the SVR's minimum size requirements, so we're going to have to scrap that idea. That's OK though, as we'll have plenty of other fun activities to keep everyone entertained!

Dates Confirmed:
Thurs May 13th and ending on Sunday May 16th.

Hang tight on hotel reservations. Now that we don't need the Horizon's lot, we're going to see if we can score a better deal elsewhere. We'll try to have something together by Mon/Tue of next week.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
RoadGlue
post Jan 29 2010, 01:34 PM
Post #94

Sonoma County Gear Head

I should mention that Thurs is a bit of a bonus day. I imagine it'll mostly consist of BS'ing, drinking, etc. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jan 29 2010, 01:41 PM
Post #95

Apex killer!

QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Jan 29 2010, 11:33 AM) *

Sorry to leave everyone hanging, but we were just trying to confirm some stuff before announcing the dates. Unfortunately we weren't able to secure a lot for the auto-x that met the SVR's minimum size requirements, so we're going to have to scrap that idea. That's OK though, as we'll have plenty of other fun activities to keep everyone entertained!

Dates Confirmed:
Thurs May 13th and ending on Sunday May 16th.

Hang tight on hotel reservations. Now that we don't need the Horizon's lot, we're going to see if we can score a better deal elsewhere. We'll try to have something together by Mon/Tue of next week.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

For those who really care, we were able to secure a lot but it was only going to be 175 yards by 100 yards and PCA wanted more. Otherwise, I suspect it would have been way too much of a 914 course for the general taste.

Thursday is always a meet and greet bonus day with lots of parking lot BS... Bring your best brew and enough to share. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif) Keep your eyes open because everything you see from arrival until Sunday will be counted in the "that guy" nominations. Past winners include Eric Shea, Jeff Hines, Alan Miller, Jim Tabor and others who don't spring directly to mind. This is a prestigious honor that involves hugging toilets, near arrest, and going to ground... We should all aspire to be "That guy" someday. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
RiqueMar
post Jan 29 2010, 01:45 PM
Post #96

Enrique Allen Mar

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 29 2010, 11:41 AM) *

We should all aspire to be "That guy" someday. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

When I grow up? I wanna be 'That guy'.

**Sigh** A kid can dream, right?
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jan 29 2010, 02:18 PM
Post #97

TMI....

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 29 2010, 11:41 AM) *

QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Jan 29 2010, 11:33 AM) *

Thursday is always a meet and greet bonus day with lots of parking lot BS... Bring your best brew and enough to share. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif) Keep your eyes open because everything you see from arrival until Sunday will be counted in the "that guy" nominations. Past winners include Eric Shea, Jeff Hines, Alan Miller, Jim Tabor and others who don't spring directly to mind. This is a prestigious honor that involves hugging toilets, near arrest, and going to ground... We should all aspire to be "That guy" someday. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Geeez ..... "back in the day" when I was still playing Rugby, it happened in the "3rd Half" & we just called them "Most Guys" !!!! ..... & "Most Gals" for the Lady Ruggers !!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

One year at a tournament our Team Captain got hauled off by the local sheriff in Park City UT for peeing in the bushes the morning after - just before the game ...... well that's a long story better suited for the parking lot anyway .... ! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jan 29 2010, 05:26 PM
Post #98

TMI....

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

Hey Guys (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) & Gals (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)

- be real careful driving up to Tahoe in May, cuz the CHP has a new speeder enforcement program .....

........ errr - uh really a revenue enhancement program to help the Governator AHHHnald close the State's huge budget deficit .....

.... and I hear they're being REALLY tough on the offenders, as you can see from the photo snapped by a passer-by below ........

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)

Attached Image

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jan 29 2010, 05:32 PM
Post #99

Apex killer!

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jan 29 2010, 03:26 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

Hey Guys (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) & Gals (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)

- be real careful driving up to Tahoe in May, cuz the CHP has a new speeder enforcement program .....

........ errr - uh really a revenue enhancement program to help the Governator AHHHnald close the State's huge budget deficit .....

.... and I hear they're being REALLY tough on the offenders, as you can see from the photo snapped by a passer-by below ........

Attached Image

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

I suggest a caravan. He only has 4 missiles and will have to switch to guns. He can't get us all! And we can zig and zag until he pukes in his lap! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)
+Quote Post
RiqueMar
post Jan 29 2010, 05:38 PM
Post #100

Enrique Allen Mar

I automatically assume there will be a SoCal caravan? Yes? Okay, good!
+Quote Post

29 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 01:48 AM