Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> whats on their backside..., Fuchs and Mahle
ME733
post Dec 15 2009, 01:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,209
Region Association: South East States

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) ..well gang , I know we have had some discussions about O.E.M. wheels., but I don,t believe we covered ...the fake Fuchs...topic. what is on the backside of a "fake fuch" are there 914xxxx numbers?, is there any identifible numbers? or manufacturing name? rim size info?.....just how would a expert decipher the real, from the fake? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
MrKona
post Dec 21 2009, 12:11 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 4,469
Region Association: None

QUOTE(ME733 @ Dec 15 2009, 11:07 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) ..well gang , I know we have had some discussions about O.E.M. wheels., but I don,t believe we covered ...the fake Fuchs...topic. what is on the backside of a "fake fuch" are there 914xxxx numbers?, is there any identifible numbers? or manufacturing name? rim size info?.....just how would a expert decipher the real, from the fake? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

Interesting to have a topic in the originality forum about fakes, but for the purpose of helping folks decipher real from fakes..

My fake Fuchs say "AEWC" on the back, which I assume stands for American Eagle Wheel Corporation. Also the size - 15x5.5. No 914xxx numbers.

My wife refers to them as "Fuchazies."
+Quote Post
ME733
post Dec 21 2009, 06:25 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,209
Region Association: South East States

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) THANK YOU MR KONA Knowing exactly what someone is purchasing is important, and what is original or not is important. Thankfully this post was allowed to exist in the originally section. the cost of purchasing "fake fuchs" should be substantially lower than "the real deal". By how much I have no Idea. Additionally, it is my understanding the "fake Fuchs'' are not FORGED wheels, but CAST. this "fact" if true, should be of intrest to anyone planning to use them for autocrossing. Finally, I bet the concorse judges can spot them a mile away. Thanks again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) Murray
+Quote Post
tod914
post Dec 21 2009, 08:56 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 170

Fuch

Attached Image

Mahle

Attached Image

+Quote Post
scotty b
post Dec 22 2009, 06:34 PM
Post #5

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419
Region Association: None

If we're talking 4 & 5 lug Fuchs, there are MANY fake 5 lugs out there. I have a set of 3 Xenon 5 lugs. they actually seem to be made fairly well, compared to some of then other fakes I have seen. I'll try to remember to take a pic of them this weekend. I have a LOT of garage cleaning to do at the folks house (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 09:18 AM