Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Have I Done?, ADDED PHOTOS OF SUSPECTED BS
mightyohm
post Dec 22 2009, 05:44 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 162
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Sorry to hijack but am I the only person who wants to see pics of the crazy computer system that you are ripping out? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
kconway
post Dec 22 2009, 05:46 PM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,231
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 22 2009, 03:37 PM) *

#1 - Goes to the Steering column

#2 - Dash lights (well, you have the sockets, without the lights)

#3 - A switch of sorts, a pic of the knob would help ...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif) Andy

#1 YES, thank you. Didn't notice that one when I pulled the column, just the two smaller connectors. Unfortunately, the hot wire does not stay seated in this connector. Got lucky as I noticed a big slice in the jacketing of the hot wire before I melted everything after reassembly!

#2. Okay, maybe there are dash lights on the fresh air controls? All other dash lights are accounted for.

#3 I suspect these go to the terminals on the fresh air sliders. This knob says "lights" but as i remember it I think they operated the fan for the defroster?
+Quote Post
kconway
post Dec 22 2009, 05:48 PM
Post #23

QUOTE(mightyohm @ Dec 22 2009, 03:44 PM) *

Sorry to hijack but am I the only person who wants to see pics of the crazy computer system that you are ripping out? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Jeff,
computer system is long gone but there are photos here in this post>

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=61776&hl=
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Dec 22 2009, 05:57 PM
Post #24

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(kconway @ Dec 22 2009, 03:46 PM) *

#3 I suspect these go to the terminals on the fresh air sliders. This knob says "lights" but as i remember it I think they operated the fan for the defroster?

Aha. The fresh air fan is normally operated by the dash controls, so you won't need that switch anymore ...

And yes, the dash lights go to the dash controls ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif) Andy
+Quote Post
post Dec 22 2009, 09:51 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,245

QUOTE(kconway @ Dec 20 2009, 08:06 PM) *

The DAPO installed some crazy computer system in my car that monitored all kinds of stuff, CV velocity, injector pulses to name a few. None of it worked so I intended to rip it all out someday...that was today.

The dash frame was hacked up as well to house the computer and some hack job on the vent controls since they had to move to make room for the computer, so today I decided to pull the dash frame so I could return it to stock condition. I labeled wires I pulled off the gauges and pulled the switched out of the dash without pulling off wires.

The forward harness is just laying in the floor and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. Tell me there is a resource available to put it all back together. Wire that previously went to the air controls were wired to switches...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon8.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon8.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

Kev

Talk to Art.. that's provided he has time now the he's hooked up again.

+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Dec 22 2009, 10:02 PM
Post #26

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(mightyohm @ Dec 22 2009, 06:44 PM) *

I remember that thread.
My teenage buddy, with a dad that had all the toys, had this in a Lincoln. Early bling.
Computer was kind of lame, late 70's tech, it did do MPG, temp, time, bunch of engine monitors. You know useless crap to a kid who drove a beat bug.
+Quote Post
silver74insocal
post Dec 22 2009, 10:16 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 11,073

QUOTE(hwgunner @ Dec 21 2009, 10:52 PM) *

QUOTE(silver74insocal @ Dec 21 2009, 09:47 PM) *

QUOTE(swood @ Dec 21 2009, 09:25 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 21 2009, 09:17 PM) *

Dude, you live in Long Beach. You have one of the most prolific and best communities available to you. Joe Sharp, T H O M A S, just to name 2 of the many. You will be OK, unless they dont like you, then you are screwed (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I'm your neighbor. I like you...problem is I don't know jack shitake. But, if you need a shoulder to cry on, I'm here for you. I may even have a '74 harness that may be in "less worse" shape than what you got. But like I said, I wouldn't know.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

seriously guys wtf. im just down the road and will drop everything to help.i am not well knowledged but can figure out anything in electronics....so why the cold shoulder? just trying to help (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

I think a relax pill might be in order. The guys are not tryin to dis you, but they have been around for a very long time and happen to know a couple people who have also been around a long time who are in the area and know they can help. They just don't know you.

no worries..sorry bad choice of words. i should have put a happier smiley face at the end to notate my un seriousness..is that a word? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)
+Quote Post
kconway
post Dec 23 2009, 12:00 AM
Post #28

QUOTE(396 @ Dec 22 2009, 07:51 PM) *

QUOTE(kconway @ Dec 20 2009, 08:06 PM) *

The DAPO installed some crazy computer system in my car that monitored all kinds of stuff, CV velocity, injector pulses to name a few. None of it worked so I intended to rip it all out someday...that was today.

The dash frame was hacked up as well to house the computer and some hack job on the vent controls since they had to move to make room for the computer, so today I decided to pull the dash frame so I could return it to stock condition. I labeled wires I pulled off the gauges and pulled the switched out of the dash without pulling off wires.

The forward harness is just laying in the floor and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. Tell me there is a resource available to put it all back together. Wire that previously went to the air controls were wired to switches...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon8.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon8.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

Kev

Talk to Art.. that's provided he has time now the he's hooked up again.

I'll have to track himd down when we go back to work. I thought he told me he sold everything he had, maybe that was -6 diagrams?
+Quote Post
rascobo
post Dec 25 2009, 09:47 AM
Post #29

Member No.: 7,948
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(bandjoey @ Dec 20 2009, 08:29 PM) *

We'll all done that one time or other. Good news is you probably have another 914er close by that can help and after 30-40 hours of work you'll figure it out. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Really it's not that hard after you understand how German wires layout. They're all color coded. There's an ebay store that sells jumbo size, laminated, colored and labeled electrical schematics..http://www.colorwiringdiagrams.com
It's the only way I finally figured it out. Post Pictures! Good Luck and Merry Christmas.

Hell, thirty to forty hours? My first time it took Me that long to stop crying and crawl out from under my blankets. Ahh, the good old days before the Internet and this fancy,smancy '914 World.com, when real men figured it out on their own or walked (damn, but My feet still hurt)!

Hang in there, there are a lot of resources and help available, and a sense of pride, accomplishment and satisfaction when You persevere and finally overcome and defeat these wonderful and sometimes evil little Teutonic love machines.

A trip through the Emoticons can pretty much tell the story.

Haven't been to bed yet, can You tell?
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 05:25 PM