Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2008 Subaru Transmission WRX Automatic, should i buy locally for $150?
budman5201
post Jan 1 2010, 02:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,635

great deal from a subaru guy i know.....How much more would if be to use this in my conversion.....Stub axels, etc. I can make the mount myself. Doesnt it need computer??
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
pktzygt
post Jan 1 2010, 05:47 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,611
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(budman5201 @ Jan 1 2010, 03:16 PM) *

great deal from a subaru guy i know.....How much more would if be to use this in my conversion.....Stub axels, etc. I can make the mount myself. Doesnt it need computer??

You might want to search out Matt Monson on NASIOC for this one.
+Quote Post
Numbchux
post Jan 2 2010, 09:22 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 10,758
Region Association: Upper MidWest

yea, the Autos use a separate computer to control them. I've been looking into the possibilities of using an Auto. the older TCUs are fairly simple, and wouldn't be too hard to make work in a standalone form. I suspect the same would be true for a newer one.

Axles are the same 25-spline stubs as a manual.

linkage is easier....just a cable.

problem would be, neutering it to FWD. The AWD system is very different in an auto than a manual. the center diff eliminator for a 5MT would not work. However, when the transfer clutches in an auto go out, you loose the rear drive, but the front still works fine.....so it might not be too hard to block off the rear output, and disable the transfer clutches. Or just cut power to the Duty C solenoid so it locks them and the TCU just thinks your on dry pavement all the time.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 07:50 PM