Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2008 Subaru Transmission WRX Automatic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
budman5201
great deal from a subaru guy i know.....How much more would if be to use this in my conversion.....Stub axels, etc. I can make the mount myself. Doesnt it need computer??
pktzygt
QUOTE(budman5201 @ Jan 1 2010, 03:16 PM) *

great deal from a subaru guy i know.....How much more would if be to use this in my conversion.....Stub axels, etc. I can make the mount myself. Doesnt it need computer??

You might want to search out Matt Monson on NASIOC for this one.
Numbchux
yea, the Autos use a separate computer to control them. I've been looking into the possibilities of using an Auto. the older TCUs are fairly simple, and wouldn't be too hard to make work in a standalone form. I suspect the same would be true for a newer one.

Axles are the same 25-spline stubs as a manual.

linkage is easier....just a cable.

problem would be, neutering it to FWD. The AWD system is very different in an auto than a manual. the center diff eliminator for a 5MT would not work. However, when the transfer clutches in an auto go out, you loose the rear drive, but the front still works fine.....so it might not be too hard to block off the rear output, and disable the transfer clutches. Or just cut power to the Duty C solenoid so it locks them and the TCU just thinks your on dry pavement all the time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.