Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How do I set up for oil PSI gauge, and oil temp gauge, where do I tap both? pics of what I have
wayne1234
post Jan 6 2010, 02:05 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,238
Region Association: None

Engine is close to going in (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) , I have the center console with the gauges which has Oil PSI, Which wasent hooked up before by PO. I bought a VDO oil Temp gauge from pelican with their sender. and I think there is a oil light on dash right? I see the port near the oil cooler on top of the case, how the hell do I get this all working? The PO gave me the dual sender, is that for PSI and dash light? where do I tap into for Oil temp? Thanks guys
Pelican gauge and the matching sender
Attached Image

What the PO gave me has 2 post on it
Attached Image

another sender I got from pelican?
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Joe Ricard
post Jan 6 2010, 06:32 AM
Post #2

CUMONIWANNARACEU

Member No.: 92

Take the large sender with two barrel nuts and it need to go inplace of the oil pressure idiot light sender right next to the distributor. However it won't fit in the hole of the sheet metal. You need to go to Lowes and get a 1/8" NPT brass pipe extension about 2" long and a 90 degree fitting the sender will fit perfect right along side the Distributor.

the oil temp sender goes in the bottom of the engine. You should see a round plate foward drivers side of the case with two 10mm bolts holding the plate in. if it a flat plate with no wire you need to get one that does have a sender in it.
+Quote Post
type47
post Jan 6 2010, 07:39 AM
Post #3

Viermeister

Member No.: 994
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Console gauge should be temp, not pressure if factory. Temp sender is, as stated above, is in the "taco plate".
Attached Image
In your top picture, you have an oil temp sender that replaces the oil drain plug so that could work (and maybe be an easier install than a taco plate sender since you would have to source the taco sender) with the VDO gauge that you have. I don't think the oil drain plug temp sender would work correctly with the console 914 factory temp gauge.
+Quote Post
McMark
post Jan 7 2010, 12:40 AM
Post #4

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

Some oil temp info can be found here.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 01:53 AM