Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do I set up for oil PSI gauge, and oil temp gauge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wayne1234
Engine is close to going in aktion035.gif , I have the center console with the gauges which has Oil PSI, Which wasent hooked up before by PO. I bought a VDO oil Temp gauge from pelican with their sender. and I think there is a oil light on dash right? I see the port near the oil cooler on top of the case, how the hell do I get this all working? The PO gave me the dual sender, is that for PSI and dash light? where do I tap into for Oil temp? Thanks guys
Pelican gauge and the matching sender
Click to view attachment

What the PO gave me has 2 post on it
Click to view attachment

another sender I got from pelican?
Click to view attachment
Joe Ricard
Take the large sender with two barrel nuts and it need to go inplace of the oil pressure idiot light sender right next to the distributor. However it won't fit in the hole of the sheet metal. You need to go to Lowes and get a 1/8" NPT brass pipe extension about 2" long and a 90 degree fitting the sender will fit perfect right along side the Distributor.

the oil temp sender goes in the bottom of the engine. You should see a round plate foward drivers side of the case with two 10mm bolts holding the plate in. if it a flat plate with no wire you need to get one that does have a sender in it.
type47
Console gauge should be temp, not pressure if factory. Temp sender is, as stated above, is in the "taco plate".
Click to view attachment
In your top picture, you have an oil temp sender that replaces the oil drain plug so that could work (and maybe be an easier install than a taco plate sender since you would have to source the taco sender) with the VDO gauge that you have. I don't think the oil drain plug temp sender would work correctly with the console 914 factory temp gauge.
McMark
Some oil temp info can be found here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.