Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Help, car will not start after I removed motor for 1 month
x98boardwell
post Jan 6 2010, 09:46 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,935
Region Association: None

So, I removed the motor for a tune up. I have listed the things below that I have done so we know but I am fairly confident that it is a fuel related issue. I plan on disconnecting the fuel line today to make sure I am getting fuel but still I am confused. There is not even a sputter or anything. The car is a 1975 2.0 and completely stock with Fuel Injection and ran fantatsic before I pulled the motor.

1) Plugs, Wires, Cap, Rotor, Points, Coil, etc. (I checked and have good spark)
2) Full exhaust Change to old style 2.0
3) Removed air pump, fan pulley housing, injection lines and plugged injector holes
4) Changed out/replaced all vacumn lines
5) Replaced injector gaskets, plenum gaskets, throttle body gaskets, cleaned everything out before re-assembling.
6) New A/C compressor and lines

I think that is it. I did replace or repair some old wires in the engine bay that were either hard or cracked or both. Also, all shift linkages, bushings, etc.

When I was working on the car I noticed that one of the fuel lines (when it would fall to the ground from where I had it supported) would leak fuel continiously if I didn't raise it up. I also cleaned the motor as well and protected all electrical components with plastic bags to not get wet.

When all of the fuel is out of lines could it be that I need to prime the lines? Should I turn the ignition on with the supply line dettached from the car lines until fuel sprays out of that hose?

I am just confused as to why there is absolutley no response like the ignition is off, or no fuel. The pump was replaced about 400 miles before I dropped the motor so brand new pump. Any advice?

Thanks,
Bryan
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 11:10 AM