Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> AC for a 914-6, Looking for past post?
david63
post Jan 8 2010, 11:53 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,653
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Hey folks, new to 914 world (been lurking for a while) just purchased a great 1974 Olympic Blue 2.0 with VPC AC. Two options are ahead for me. I am either going to simply clean the car up, fix a few things and put a rotary compresser on the car (done that before and it will freeze you out without robbing HP).

If I completely go nuts and do the 6 conversion, flares, etc I want to keep the AC and I cannot find the post from this site that showed someone hanging the AC compressor on the passenger side of the six in the 914 (if the compresser is mounted in the normal spot on the six you have to modify the firewall behind the driver in the 914) with a special fabricated bracket and I think it was running a ribbed belt? Anyone know about this post or this method of AC on a six?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 03:09 PM