Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> update on my GT clone
rfuerst911sc
post Jan 9 2010, 07:18 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,980
Region Association: South East States

For those of you that have followed my build of my 1975 rolling chassis into a GT clone here is an update. My car has been at my mechanics shop for him to do a list of project items I didn't or couldn't do. One of those items was to convert the OEM four cylinder wiring in the engine bay to work with the 3.0 I installed. Last week I got the call that the motor finally was running but she ran like crap. I wasn't alarmed because we had also rebuilt the Weber carbs and installed new ignition box so some tinkering was expected. Fast forward to yesterday and I get the call that she is running " real good " says my mechanic!!! These words really made me feel good and the car is real close for me to pick it up from him. A little story on the engine. I started my search 3 years ago for a 3.0. I really like the 3.0 and eventually found one in North Carolina. I had many email conversations with the seller and we finally agreed on a price of $3000.00. Now keep in mind the engine was removed from the car so I was taking the sellers word that it ran good with no issues. Fast forward 3 years and when my mechanic said it runs real good I was very relieved (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) . If he would have called and said the engine needs work I would have been crushed, fortunately it all worked out. She developed a valve cover leak on one cover but that's all that needs to be fixed. I am so excited to be this close (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) . As soon as I get her back I'll post some new pics. I have to finish all the interior work when I get her back and that's about it, I'm already imagining autocrossing this bad boy ! Enjoy the weekend everyone (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) .
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
914Sixer
post Jan 9 2010, 07:48 AM
Post #2

914 Guru

Member No.: 3,457
Region Association: Southwest Region

Glad to hear there are still honest sellers out there. Nothing like GOOD news to make you want to work on the project.
+Quote Post
rfuerst911sc
post Jan 9 2010, 09:42 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,980
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jan 9 2010, 05:48 AM) *

Glad to hear there are still honest sellers out there. Nothing like GOOD news to make you want to work on the project.

I have been very fortunate with buying parts from fellow Porsche owners. Knock on wood I have never been burned and I have bought a fair amount of stuff for both cars. I hope that karma continues in the future (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) .
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 01:46 PM