Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: update on my GT clone
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rfuerst911sc
For those of you that have followed my build of my 1975 rolling chassis into a GT clone here is an update. My car has been at my mechanics shop for him to do a list of project items I didn't or couldn't do. One of those items was to convert the OEM four cylinder wiring in the engine bay to work with the 3.0 I installed. Last week I got the call that the motor finally was running but she ran like crap. I wasn't alarmed because we had also rebuilt the Weber carbs and installed new ignition box so some tinkering was expected. Fast forward to yesterday and I get the call that she is running " real good " says my mechanic!!! These words really made me feel good and the car is real close for me to pick it up from him. A little story on the engine. I started my search 3 years ago for a 3.0. I really like the 3.0 and eventually found one in North Carolina. I had many email conversations with the seller and we finally agreed on a price of $3000.00. Now keep in mind the engine was removed from the car so I was taking the sellers word that it ran good with no issues. Fast forward 3 years and when my mechanic said it runs real good I was very relieved biggrin.gif . If he would have called and said the engine needs work I would have been crushed, fortunately it all worked out. She developed a valve cover leak on one cover but that's all that needs to be fixed. I am so excited to be this close piratenanner.gif . As soon as I get her back I'll post some new pics. I have to finish all the interior work when I get her back and that's about it, I'm already imagining autocrossing this bad boy ! Enjoy the weekend everyone beerchug.gif .
914Sixer
Glad to hear there are still honest sellers out there. Nothing like GOOD news to make you want to work on the project.
rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jan 9 2010, 05:48 AM) *

Glad to hear there are still honest sellers out there. Nothing like GOOD news to make you want to work on the project.

I have been very fortunate with buying parts from fellow Porsche owners. Knock on wood I have never been burned and I have bought a fair amount of stuff for both cars. I hope that karma continues in the future biggrin.gif .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.