Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Official Steel Flare Group Buy, Lowest price ever offered by Auto Atlanta
mepstein
post Jan 9 2010, 09:47 AM
Post #1

914-6 GT in waiting

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Official Steel Flare Group Buy

George Hussey, the owner of Automobile Atlanta, has offered a group buy special on his reproduction 914-6 GT steel flares. These flares are NLA from Porsche and have been successfully reproduced by Auto Atlanta. More facts about these flares are available at www.autoatlanta.com

The special, one time, discount price is $550.00 per set. Shipping to the lower 48 will be $50.00, shipped Fed Ex. Regular price in the Auto Atlanta catalogue is $1,095 + shipping. If you live outside the lower 48, please send $600/sets ordered and additional shipping charges will be determined by Auto Atlanta prior to shipping.

If you purchase flares under the package deal, you may also buy a set of duplicate GT rockers for an extra 150.00 + $35 shipping. Regular catalog price is $225.00 +shipping. Fiberglass rockers are measured from a factory 914-6 GT. Again, additional shipping charges outside the lower 48.

The flare order ends on January 31st 2010. Within about 2 weeks of George receiving payment, he will start production. I would imagine we could expect to receive flares by the end of February.

Payment will be in the form of USPS money order made out to Automobile Atlanta. The only way to hold your place and receive a set at this incredible price is to have payment to me by January 31st. Please do not send checks or ask about other forms of payment, we do not have the means to accept anything other than money orders. Money orders sell for $2.00 at your local post office. George would like all questions and payments to be first directed at myself, so he and his staff do not spend extra time and resources on the transaction. I will do my best to answer questions and will contact George or his staff if needed.

Please mail your money order to me and include the following:
Name
Address
Phone
# of flare sets and optional GT rocker sets ordered.

Please send me an email Mark@MarkEpstein.net with your full name and # of flare sets ordered so I can keep a running tally and have a check against money orders received.

Thank you,

Mark Epstein
5307 Limestone Road, Suite 100
Wilmington, DE 19808

302-355-0684
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
12 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 19)
r_towle
post Jan 9 2010, 09:59 AM
Post #2

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

Can we get a more firm date on delivery for this run?

Rich
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
pktzygt
post Jan 9 2010, 10:32 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,611

Expect a check from me.
+Quote Post
Todd Enlund
post Jan 9 2010, 03:09 PM
Post #4

Resident Photoshop Guru

Member No.: 8,032
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Damn! That's killer... $150 lower than the buy that I organized.
+Quote Post
GeorgeRud
post Jan 9 2010, 04:22 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,482
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Thank George for going out on a limb and making these available at all. No business wants to spend money if it doesn't have to these days. If he's able to make a profit on them and get a a larger number made, it allows him to get the tooling costs amoratized much easier, and may allow more neat parts to become available in the future.

I've always been happy that people like Auto Atlanta, Vellios, Wevo, PMO, etc. have had the courage and guts to make unique parts available for a rather small, select market. Keep up the good work! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)

+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jan 9 2010, 07:04 PM
Post #6

914-6 GT in waiting

QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 9 2010, 10:59 AM) *

Can we get a more firm date on delivery for this run?

Rich

Well, I don't work at Auto Atlanta but if I had to guess...
Send money to AA
Production ~1 week later,
Post production,
Delivery to AA,
Pack and ship to customer
~1 month?

Probably hard to give an exact date because of all the different people who touch the flares but from what George told me, an end of February date is reasonable. Perhaps the organizer from the last group buy/George could chime in. Since AA is out of stock, this group buy is the fastest way to get a set at a price that can't be beat. Thanks, Mark
+Quote Post
jsayre914
post Jan 9 2010, 10:24 PM
Post #7

Speed Up !!!

Member No.: 8,696

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
Mabey this thread needs some motivational pictures (awesome flared cars)

At that price I was also thinking about it. What eles exactly is involved other than the welding and painting. Can you keep the stock suspension the same and use spacers, or is that silly. Do you have to go 5 lug to get wheels that look right??

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
+Quote Post
GeorgeRud
post Jan 9 2010, 10:38 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,482
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Anything can be done with enough money (4 lug custom wheels can be made), but I think most folks use the readily available 5 lug wheels from the 911 line.
+Quote Post
McMark
post Jan 10 2010, 12:02 AM
Post #9

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

Custom wheels aside, you'll have to go five lug to really take advantage of the flares.

The sets of AA flares I've seen have always been impressive, and that price is nearly as cheap as fiberglass. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif)
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jan 11 2010, 08:44 AM
Post #10

914-6 GT in waiting

QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 10 2010, 01:02 AM) *

Custom wheels aside, you'll have to go five lug to really take advantage of the flares.

The sets of AA flares I've seen have always been impressive, and that price is nearly as cheap as fiberglass. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif)

Do you think there is anything wrong with using 2" spacers with the stock 2.0 fuch alloys. I wasn't planning on changing the suspention when I install the flares. I know I won't get the advantage of wider rubber but I like the look of the flares and the four lug wheels.
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jan 11 2010, 08:57 AM
Post #11

914-6 GT in waiting

QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Jan 9 2010, 11:24 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
Mabey this thread needs some motivational pictures (awesome flared cars)

At that price I was also thinking about it. What eles exactly is involved other than the welding and painting. Can you keep the stock suspension the same and use spacers, or is that silly. Do you have to go 5 lug to get wheels that look right??

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Jan 11 2010, 10:15 AM
Post #12

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,418

QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Jan 9 2010, 09:38 PM) *

Anything can be done with enough money (4 lug custom wheels can be made), but I think most folks use the readily available 5 lug wheels from the 911 line.

The really cheap way to go is to buy a set of four to five lug adaptors and then purchase a set of seven inch fuchs repros and bolt them on. Another way is to purchase 7.5 and 8.5 boxster wheels and bolt them on with the four to five lug wheel adaptors. That will give the 914 an updated rather than vintage look.
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Jan 11 2010, 10:37 AM
Post #13

914 Guru

We have several cars here with the steel flares installed including the old extreme (many of you are probably familiar with it) I will post a few.
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Jan 11 2010, 10:38 AM
Post #14

914 Guru

here is a car that Craig Laughlin at the Camp sold us. It went to Germany. Had our steel flares and a four to five lug conversion that we sell installed. Craig had factory fuchs on it and we really liked the silver center color.Attached Image
+Quote Post
nsyr
post Jan 12 2010, 11:34 AM
Post #15

Because I Can

Member No.: 2,073

Count me in
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Jan 12 2010, 12:02 PM
Post #16

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 9 2010, 07:47 AM) *

Payment will be in the form of USPS money order made out to Automobile Atlanta. The only way to hold your place and receive a set at this incredible price is to have payment to me by January 31st. Please do not send checks or ask about other forms of payment, we do not have the means to accept anything other than money orders. Money orders sell for $2.00 at your local post office.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Never done a money order. What's wrong with a check? No means to accept a check?
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) Andy
+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post Jan 12 2010, 12:10 PM
Post #17

on ramp passer

Member No.: 8,354

Guess I will miss out again. This is too short of n.itice to come up with the extra money unless I skip out on the Buttercup build in Kansas. I would have een good for a couple of sets after February but I am committed to the Kansas trip. I also noticed you didn't mention anything about that price being dependent on a minimum 40 sets being sold. Has that changed now & 550.00 is the price regardless of how many are so,d?

Donald
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jan 12 2010, 12:27 PM
Post #18

914-6 GT in waiting

We've had a really good response so far with quite a few members emailing me that the money orders are on the way. I counted 40 hands up when George placed his initial post for gauging interest in a group buy. Some of the vendors asked for 2-3 sets so I'm hoping we hear from you soon. At this price, it might make sense to keep a couple sets in stock. The GT look is getting more popular and the flares are the most obvious feature. They also give you the opportunity for wider wheels and tires. We are going to hit the 40+ number for sets ordered - Failure is not an option! So let your 'teener friends know that they need to order a set too. Thanks guys, Mark
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jan 12 2010, 12:35 PM
Post #19

914-6 GT in waiting

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 12 2010, 01:02 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 9 2010, 07:47 AM) *

Payment will be in the form of USPS money order made out to Automobile Atlanta. The only way to hold your place and receive a set at this incredible price is to have payment to me by January 31st. Please do not send checks or ask about other forms of payment, we do not have the means to accept anything other than money orders. Money orders sell for $2.00 at your local post office.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Never done a money order. What's wrong with a check? No means to accept a check?
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) Andy

I don't think Auto Atlanta wants to take personal checks (they would have to wait for them to clear and we have members ordering sets from other countries -Japan, Germany, ect.) and I do not want to take a check with my name on it, deposit it and then pay AA. That would not be safe for the members. Money orders are easy and safe - $2.00 at your local post office minutes before you drop it in the mail.
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jan 12 2010, 12:50 PM
Post #20

914-6 GT in waiting

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jan 12 2010, 01:10 PM) *

Guess I will miss out again. This is too short of n.itice to come up with the extra money unless I skip out on the Buttercup build in Kansas. I would have een good for a couple of sets after February but I am committed to the Kansas trip. I also noticed you didn't mention anything about that price being dependent on a minimum 40 sets being sold. Has that changed now & 550.00 is the price regardless of how many are so,d?

Donald

We will sell 40 sets! I have also listed on Club, Roadglue, Pelican, Rennlist, and Samba. If the racers wil post on the racing/ax sites, that would be great!

Thanks, Mark
+Quote Post

12 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 08:20 PM