Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Piston Deck Hieght Range Proper? Copper Gaskets?, Playing with ideas for Compression ratios..
detoxcowboy
post Jan 10 2010, 10:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,642
Region Association: Africa

What is the proper deck hieght range for pistons? Mahle 94mmx71mm euro spec.. Curious as to what is perfect and how wide is the safe to error margine? Also what is the take on Copper Gaskets? I understand the professionals sometimes do not use gaskets but I believe I wil be needing some as to keep the comprssion ratio value decent.. My cylider heads measure at 55 cc's on 3 chanbers and 55.1 on 1 chamber (If I am remembering correctly but will have them re cc'd prior) Just trying a layout in my head..
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
McMark
post Jan 10 2010, 10:59 PM
Post #2

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

Copper adds another element of expansion to a critical seal. The logic is that this inequality can cause a leak to form, and a tiny leak will become a huge leak if left long enough in the right conditions. The copper head gasket isn't an assured leak, but leaving it out has proven to be a safe omission.

Spacers under the cylinders is the most frequent method for lowering compression ratio. They are available from the Type 4 Store.
+Quote Post
detoxcowboy
post Jan 10 2010, 11:10 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,642
Region Association: Africa

I was thinking same more or less of the copper but had to ask cause I do not know for certain.. does the same theory apply to stamped steel? Seems it would I guess...
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 04:53 PM