Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Piston Deck Hieght Range Proper? Copper Gaskets?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
detoxcowboy
What is the proper deck hieght range for pistons? Mahle 94mmx71mm euro spec.. Curious as to what is perfect and how wide is the safe to error margine? Also what is the take on Copper Gaskets? I understand the professionals sometimes do not use gaskets but I believe I wil be needing some as to keep the comprssion ratio value decent.. My cylider heads measure at 55 cc's on 3 chanbers and 55.1 on 1 chamber (If I am remembering correctly but will have them re cc'd prior) Just trying a layout in my head..
McMark
Copper adds another element of expansion to a critical seal. The logic is that this inequality can cause a leak to form, and a tiny leak will become a huge leak if left long enough in the right conditions. The copper head gasket isn't an assured leak, but leaving it out has proven to be a safe omission.

Spacers under the cylinders is the most frequent method for lowering compression ratio. They are available from the Type 4 Store.
detoxcowboy
I was thinking same more or less of the copper but had to ask cause I do not know for certain.. does the same theory apply to stamped steel? Seems it would I guess...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.