Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> kansas
tat2dphreak
post Jan 12 2010, 09:08 AM
Post #1

stoya, stoya, stoya

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 792
Region Association: Southwest Region

ok guys, I can't tell you have disapointed I am to have to tell you this, I'm sorry, but due to some unforeseen circumstances I don't think I will make Kansas in February.

there still a chance that I can, but right now that chance is slim. I will do what I can, and I will be there in spirit. I'm sorry to let you guys down like this.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kansas 914
post Jan 12 2010, 09:24 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 373
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jan 12 2010, 09:08 AM) *

ok guys, I can't tell you have disapointed I am to have to tell you this, I'm sorry, but due to some unforeseen circumstances I don't think I will make Kansas in February.

there still a chance that I can, but right now that chance is slim. I will do what I can, and I will be there in spirit. I'm sorry to let you guys down like this.

Well I hope it does work out for you (and us). It is a tight schedule that takes a couple of days from the work week.

I have a 4 camera DVR connected to the web here at the house so there is a chance I can take it to the build and get a few cameras running/recording during the event. It all depends on whether Luke will allow me to forward a couple of ports on his router - if he has one. I will know when we get there this month. I think 4 cameras recording the event with multi-user browser access would be too cool.

We might be able to use you to field live questions coming from 914World during the build (Betty's idea I think) and answer or relay the questions to the build site.
+Quote Post
tat2dphreak
post Jan 12 2010, 10:02 AM
Post #3

stoya, stoya, stoya

We might be able to use you to field live questions coming from 914World during the build (Betty's idea I think) and answer or relay the questions to the build site.

I CAN definitely do that!
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Jan 12 2010, 10:58 AM
Post #4

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

Hey Wayne, Don't sweat it. It's about what we can do. Some will make others won't. Kansas in the winter is a stretch for may of us. I'm sure there will be a real need for online support as we work to make this happen.
+Quote Post
tat2dphreak
post Jan 12 2010, 11:22 AM
Post #5

stoya, stoya, stoya

if we can get some instructional videos out of this, I will be happy to edit them, and build a web page detailing what was done and documenting some "how-to"s... it will also be a record of everything that went into this (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Jan 12 2010, 11:51 AM
Post #6

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

Hey Wayne,

Don't worry about it. I'm not making it either. I have to respect the wife who keeps me on a short leash. She had a hard time with me going to Oakland and then Sonoma last weekend.

I'm very proud of every contributor here and will do everything in my power to support the effort. Unfortunately, I'll be in my PJs watching the live cam from CA...

Rob
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Jan 12 2010, 07:41 PM
Post #7

Hey nice rack! -Celette

I hear ya in the short leash thing. My part is to make as much money as I can to pay for everyones education and our local lifestyle. The wife is not really behind me on this event thing. Specially because she is in an on-line masters program and can't come with.

She likes to come with. I offered her to come. She say's sure what am I going to do while your hanging around a garage all day..

Whatever. I'm compelled to do this. I don't know why. I just am.
+Quote Post
tat2dphreak
post Jan 12 2010, 09:10 PM
Post #8

stoya, stoya, stoya

my wife is as disappointed that I can't make it as I am. she is very moved by the whole event, and truly wishes I could come.
+Quote Post
ejm
post Jan 13 2010, 05:55 AM
Post #9

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel

Member No.: 224
Region Association: None

Wayne - sorry to hear you might not make it. My wife is concerned we'll have a big snow storm while I'm gone. I told her not to worry, before I leave I'll show her which end of the shovel to hold. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Jan 13 2010, 03:03 PM
Post #10

Hey nice rack! -Celette

QUOTE(ejm @ Jan 13 2010, 03:55 AM) *

Wayne - sorry to hear you might not make it. My wife is concerned we'll have a big snow storm while I'm gone. I told her not to worry, before I leave I'll show her which end of the shovel to hold. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

OMG! That's funny! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:17 PM