Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: kansas
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
tat2dphreak
ok guys, I can't tell you have disapointed I am to have to tell you this, I'm sorry, but due to some unforeseen circumstances I don't think I will make Kansas in February.

there still a chance that I can, but right now that chance is slim. I will do what I can, and I will be there in spirit. I'm sorry to let you guys down like this.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jan 12 2010, 09:08 AM) *

ok guys, I can't tell you have disapointed I am to have to tell you this, I'm sorry, but due to some unforeseen circumstances I don't think I will make Kansas in February.

there still a chance that I can, but right now that chance is slim. I will do what I can, and I will be there in spirit. I'm sorry to let you guys down like this.

Well I hope it does work out for you (and us). It is a tight schedule that takes a couple of days from the work week.

I have a 4 camera DVR connected to the web here at the house so there is a chance I can take it to the build and get a few cameras running/recording during the event. It all depends on whether Luke will allow me to forward a couple of ports on his router - if he has one. I will know when we get there this month. I think 4 cameras recording the event with multi-user browser access would be too cool.

We might be able to use you to field live questions coming from 914World during the build (Betty's idea I think) and answer or relay the questions to the build site.
tat2dphreak
We might be able to use you to field live questions coming from 914World during the build (Betty's idea I think) and answer or relay the questions to the build site.

I CAN definitely do that!
rick 918-S
Hey Wayne, Don't sweat it. It's about what we can do. Some will make others won't. Kansas in the winter is a stretch for may of us. I'm sure there will be a real need for online support as we work to make this happen.
tat2dphreak
if we can get some instructional videos out of this, I will be happy to edit them, and build a web page detailing what was done and documenting some "how-to"s... it will also be a record of everything that went into this smile.gif

EdwardBlume
Hey Wayne,

Don't worry about it. I'm not making it either. I have to respect the wife who keeps me on a short leash. She had a hard time with me going to Oakland and then Sonoma last weekend.

I'm very proud of every contributor here and will do everything in my power to support the effort. Unfortunately, I'll be in my PJs watching the live cam from CA...

Rob
rick 918-S
I hear ya in the short leash thing. My part is to make as much money as I can to pay for everyones education and our local lifestyle. The wife is not really behind me on this event thing. Specially because she is in an on-line masters program and can't come with.

She likes to come with. I offered her to come. She say's sure what am I going to do while your hanging around a garage all day..

Whatever. I'm compelled to do this. I don't know why. I just am.
tat2dphreak
my wife is as disappointed that I can't make it as I am. she is very moved by the whole event, and truly wishes I could come.
ejm
Wayne - sorry to hear you might not make it. My wife is concerned we'll have a big snow storm while I'm gone. I told her not to worry, before I leave I'll show her which end of the shovel to hold. biggrin.gif

rick 918-S
QUOTE(ejm @ Jan 13 2010, 03:55 AM) *

Wayne - sorry to hear you might not make it. My wife is concerned we'll have a big snow storm while I'm gone. I told her not to worry, before I leave I'll show her which end of the shovel to hold. biggrin.gif

OMG! That's funny! lol-2.gif slap.gif unsure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.