Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> I officially finished putting my engine back in!, and it won't start =\
buhs914
post Jan 13 2010, 01:34 AM
Post #1

Not So Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,478
Region Association: Southwest Region

Well i took the engine out around 4-5 months ago to clean it up and fix a couple oil leaks. A couple weeks later i ran out of work and money and had been searching for a job since. I recieved a decent amount of money during Christmas and New Years and used most of it to finish my car. I get it all hooked up and about 95% road worthy and it doesn't start. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) The starter spins and the engine gets gas but it doesn't even seem to try to start. I redid almost 100% of the ignition system about a year ago so most of the parts are newish. I checked the coil for a spark and it has one, but when i get to the cap I only get a spark on 1 out of 4 or sometimes no spark at all. So i checked to see if the points were working properly and noticed that the wire that goes from the points to the condenser was fried. I don't know how that happened because i'm 100% sure everything is hooked up right. I quadruple checked to make sure. Any ideas guys?

P.S. I need this car going before Friday so quick help would me much appreciated. Thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 08:15 AM