Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Autocross Questions, Just to clarify
EdwardBlume
post May 15 2004, 11:30 PM
Post #41

914 Wizard

Group: Members
Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

Let me clarify a few things.....

Demick is right. This is a GGR-PCA event. All their rules apply.

Please remember that the WCC was supposed to happen in another part of CA altogether but didn't happen mainly due to complexities around the AX site. We are damn lucky to 1) have an AX, and 2) have a 914 only AX.

GGR is taking care of the site, insurance, and organization. I arranged to get a 2nd trailer from another region to set up our own 914 track and run a 914 only event. GGR blessed this idea with some coaxing :-). A few volunteers that don't know a 914 club exists will be there to help us run a safe and fun event. While we are paying $35 a piece for the honor, we don't make the rules, and won't make the rules.

Its already been said, but I'll say it again. Non-Porsches don't run unless the owners are PCA members. Solution: drive a 914 or Porsche to the 914 AX event, OR join PCA. Its not hard. I don't want any part of people racing rental cars.

maybe they can ride shotgun if that is what needs to happen.

Not quite. For insurance reasons, there are no joy rides. The only 2 person rides include a qualified GGR instructor as a passenger or driver. The rest are solo. We should have at least 5 914 instructors and I am happy to include a passenger in every run I get.

As far as instructors, GGR technically requires 1:1 ratio of instructor to NEW drivers. This sometimes gets stretched to 2:1 in seperate run groups when there's a shortage of instructors. GGR is also in charge of WHO is an instructor. I wouldn't count on any out of state persons being blessed as instructors - there's no history.

Let me finish by saying this event will be incredibly fun for everyone. 914s are excellent AX cars and there are some outstanding drivers coming out. I want everyone to have fun and enjoy themselves. The rules and procedures promote the club and most importantly- a safe event.

THANKS! Rob
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post May 15 2004, 11:38 PM
Post #42

914 Wizard

Group: Members
Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

Here's an idea....

Can out of town participants without 914s get matched up with people who are willing to let them drive their cars in the AX? There's no rule against having 2-3 drivers using 1 car.

Demick, in your email questionnaire could you ask if the participant is willing to let someone drive their car?
+Quote Post
Demick
post May 16 2004, 08:57 AM
Post #43

Ernie made me do it!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 257

QUOTE(cavwpguy @ May 15 2004, 09:38 PM)
Demick, in your email questionnaire could you ask if the participant is willing to let someone drive their car?

OK. I will add that to the questionnaire.

Demick
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 01:12 AM