Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> This can't be the first time this has happened..., My front trunk lever broke off...
Coy
post Jan 31 2010, 07:25 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,537

My daughter & I were headed to Portland to run a quick errand and when I tried to get gas, the front trunk lever came off in my hand. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Attached Image
I popped off the speaker box, fuse box & heater tube so I can access the cable housing, but I can't see how it's secured to the wall; it looks as if it must be screwed on from the other side.

The cable itself is still in tact, it's just the pot iron in the handle that broke.

Is there a clever way to pull the cable to open the hood without taking off the bumper?

I searched the board but I guess I don't do it right. I used "Front trunk, latch handle, broke" and I get a bunch of stuff from all over, but not what I'm looking for. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) So, anyone who wants to school me on how to do a proper topic search is welcome to do that too.

Thanks for any assistance oh great minds of 914World!

Also, if anyone is selling a front hood handle shoot me a message and let me know what you've got, and how much you want for it.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 04:27 PM