Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This can't be the first time this has happened...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Coy
My daughter & I were headed to Portland to run a quick errand and when I tried to get gas, the front trunk lever came off in my hand. sad.gif

Click to view attachment
I popped off the speaker box, fuse box & heater tube so I can access the cable housing, but I can't see how it's secured to the wall; it looks as if it must be screwed on from the other side.

The cable itself is still in tact, it's just the pot iron in the handle that broke.

Is there a clever way to pull the cable to open the hood without taking off the bumper?

I searched the board but I guess I don't do it right. I used "Front trunk, latch handle, broke" and I get a bunch of stuff from all over, but not what I'm looking for. dry.gif So, anyone who wants to school me on how to do a proper topic search is welcome to do that too.

Thanks for any assistance oh great minds of 914World!

Also, if anyone is selling a front hood handle shoot me a message and let me know what you've got, and how much you want for it.
jmill
It's held in with 2 screws from the inside. Unfortunately you need the trunk open to get to them. The bumper is only held with 4 bolts. It's pretty painless. confused24.gif
Coy
Thanks for the response Jmill. I've actually had the bumper off a few times and it's not that hard, but I figured out a second way. I went back to take the bumper off, but decided that first I'd give it one last try. It took less than a minute. There is a slot at the back of the cable housing facing down. A regular screwdriver can just catch the shoulder of the cable nipple and slide it forward enough to get the hood open, kind of like I was hoping.

I sprayed the two allen head screws with some liquid wrench and now I just have to find a replacement handle.

Thanks again!
jonferns
I should have one, ill PM you.
Dr Evil
Coy! You are still around! Good to hear form you. You know, we are here for more than when you have a problem? poke.gif wink.gif
Coy
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 31 2010, 08:01 PM) *

Coy! You are still around! Good to hear form you. You know, we are here for more than when you have a problem? poke.gif wink.gif

I still lurk every once in a while...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.