Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> It Runs!, Started up yesterday
flat4tom
post Feb 1 2010, 11:56 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,207
Region Association: Northern California

Hello all,

Some of you replied to my questions about opening the trunk, and gas line issues in my other posts. Thank you for your replies!

Yesterday was a big day. I managed to finish up installing the fuel lines under the tank - with a few issues I had to work out. I changed the oil and filter, and installed the new Optima 34R battery. Which, by the way, is about 1/4 inch longer than my battery tray, so I'll have to mod it so I can close the engine lid... but that's another story...

Put about a gallon of fuel in the tank, check for leaks. Check - no leaks.
Put the key in the ignition, turn it on and see if we have idiot lights and fuel pump sound - check - lights and fuel pump ran for about 2 secs and turned off.

I did the power on / off several times so I could get fuel back to the engine. Remember, this car has not been run for almost 3 years.

I have a fuel pressure gauge on the injector rail so I could see when I was getting fuel pressure. It started coming up. While looking at that I smelled gas. I had a leak on the other side of the engine. Found it and fixed it. Fuel pressure is holding now.

Turned the key and ran the starter...After about 5 tries she fired up!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
Idled about 1800rpms for several minutes, then idled down with a bit of a lope as it's not the stock camshaft - I expected it to sound that way because as I said in an earlier post - I used to own this car about 4.5 years ago so I'm a bit familiar with it.

So, she's alive. I pulled it back and forth a bit under it's own power so the clutch is working as well. I'm psyched!

Just a few small issues such as the battery fit to address, and some grounding problems with the lights then hopefully, I'll be driving! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Regards,
Tom
'73 914 2.0
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jsayre914
post Feb 1 2010, 12:58 PM
Post #2

Speed Up !!!

Member No.: 8,696
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Nice

They are fun when they work (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Drums66
post Feb 1 2010, 02:35 PM
Post #3

914 Rudiments

Member No.: 151
Region Association: Southwest Region

Glad to hear it!! drive on (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 08:20 PM