Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It Runs!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
flat4tom
Hello all,

Some of you replied to my questions about opening the trunk, and gas line issues in my other posts. Thank you for your replies!

Yesterday was a big day. I managed to finish up installing the fuel lines under the tank - with a few issues I had to work out. I changed the oil and filter, and installed the new Optima 34R battery. Which, by the way, is about 1/4 inch longer than my battery tray, so I'll have to mod it so I can close the engine lid... but that's another story...

Put about a gallon of fuel in the tank, check for leaks. Check - no leaks.
Put the key in the ignition, turn it on and see if we have idiot lights and fuel pump sound - check - lights and fuel pump ran for about 2 secs and turned off.

I did the power on / off several times so I could get fuel back to the engine. Remember, this car has not been run for almost 3 years.

I have a fuel pressure gauge on the injector rail so I could see when I was getting fuel pressure. It started coming up. While looking at that I smelled gas. I had a leak on the other side of the engine. Found it and fixed it. Fuel pressure is holding now.

Turned the key and ran the starter...After about 5 tries she fired up!! smilie_pokal.gif
Idled about 1800rpms for several minutes, then idled down with a bit of a lope as it's not the stock camshaft - I expected it to sound that way because as I said in an earlier post - I used to own this car about 4.5 years ago so I'm a bit familiar with it.

So, she's alive. I pulled it back and forth a bit under it's own power so the clutch is working as well. I'm psyched!

Just a few small issues such as the battery fit to address, and some grounding problems with the lights then hopefully, I'll be driving! driving.gif

Regards,
Tom
'73 914 2.0
jsayre914
Nice

They are fun when they work biggrin.gif
Drums66
Glad to hear it!! drive on driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.